| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Buy Your ShoBud S10 or Trade My MCI Range Expander
Jim Cooley

The 'Ville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2011 11:06 am    

I just can’t take it any longer. I have to satisfy my need to try to produce “that ShoBud sound”.

Is anyone interested in trading your ShoBud for my MCI Range Expander (welded frame) SD-10 with 3 pedals and 4 knee levers? My guitar has been played, but it is in good condition.

I might be willing to buy the right ShoBud outright.

I’d like a LDG. I have gotten used to a S-10 with pad, but I won’t eliminate something like a good Pro II with barrels and 2-hole pullers. A 3x5 would be ideal. I realize that the 5th (LKV) knee lever is almost always an after market addition, so a 3x4 that I can add a LKV to later would certainly work. I strongly prefer a LDG with round cross shafts and 2-hole pullers or nylon tuners to a guitar with pot metal undercarriage parts. I am willing to throw in some cash for differences in guitars or features. I don’t need more than a double raise/single lower changer. Contact me if you are interested and we can discuss details, trade photos, etc.

"The worst an honest man can do is make an honest mistake" - Augustus McCrae
"From the sweet grass to the packing house, birth 'til death, we travel between the eternities" - Prentiss Ritter

Too many steels, amps & other stuff, and an open mind. I have tube amp bias.

Last edited by Jim Cooley on 5 Dec 2011 6:50 am; edited 7 times in total
Sonny Priddy

Elizabethtown, Kentucky, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2011 9:52 am     Mci

Would Like To See Pictures Of Youe MCI, I Have A Sho_Bud Ldg Like Show Room New, SONNY,
Jim Cooley

The 'Ville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2011 10:08 am    

Sonny,

My camera is broken. That's why I didn't post pictures initially. I'll try to get some photos with another camera so that I can post and/or email them to you.

-Jim-
Jim Cooley

The 'Ville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2011 5:55 pm    

I apologize for the quality of some of the photos. My "better" camera is broken.

Three cross shafts on the keyhead end look duller than the others. I polished the other cross shafts, the knee levers, neck, end plates and trim. I have not gotten around to removing and polishing the other cross shafts. The last three photos show a flaw in one front endplate, and mars in the front and rear apron formica. They were like that when I bought the steel. The flaw appeared when I was polishing the endplate. The endplate on the left rear apron is not scuffed. It's just a reflection.

It really does looks better in person. I had to work to get the scuffs in the formicas to show up in the photos. I tried to show them in as much detail as possible. They're not really noticeable from more than a few feet away. They look worse in the photo than they actually appear, but I'd rather have it like that than the other way around.

I will be happy to answer all questions.

The endplate on the left is not scuffed-just a reflection.

This flaw appeared when I polished the endplate.

It really does looks better in person. I had to work to get the scuffs in the formicas to show up in the photos. They're not really noticeable from more than a few feet away.

Last edited by Jim Cooley on 3 Dec 2011 2:40 am; edited 4 times in total
Sonny Priddy

Elizabethtown, Kentucky, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2011 6:26 pm     Mci

Not A Bad Looking Guitar But Think I'll Pass For Now Thanks For Your time, SONNY,
Jim Cooley

The 'Ville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2011 6:05 am    

It plays smoothly and sustains forever. Thanks for looking, Sonny. Are you interested in selling the LDG outright?

-Jim-
Jim Cooley

The 'Ville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2011 2:26 am    

I might be willing to buy the right ShoBud outright. -Jim-
Jim Cooley

The 'Ville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2011 8:39 am    

Shopping for a ShoBud S-10. Ideally a 3 x 5 with pad, no pot metal, barrels with 2-hole pullers or newer. A 3 x 4 is ok. I don't need any more than a double raise, single lower changer.
Jim Cooley

The 'Ville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2011 7:00 am    

I've received a few of emails, but nothing firm yet. I am more open to buying a guitar outright. Besides, my MCI sounds better all the time. I might want to keep it.

I have gotten used to a S-10 with pad, so my preference is a LDG. I won’t eliminate something like a good Pro II with barrels and 2-hole pullers. I don’t need more than a double raise/single lower changer.

I prefer a 3x5. I realize that the 5th (LKV) knee lever is almost always an after market addition, so a 3x4 that I can add a LKV to later would certainly work. I want a guitar with round cross shafts and 2-hole pullers or nylon tuners in order to avoid the problems that seem to invariably occur with pot metal undercarriage parts. An "upgraded" former pot metal guitar is an option.
Doug Earnest

Branson, MO USA
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2011 10:12 am    

Jim, you might want to seriously consider trying a good single coil pickup in that MCI before you swap it off for a ShoBud. I'm afraid you may be getting the short end of the stick.
Jim Cooley

The 'Ville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2011 10:19 am    

Doug,

I've had an Alumitone in it. It sounded good. Except for a couple of light scuffs in the formica, this is a great guitar. I just can't get away from that Sho-Bud tone. I'm looking for a LDG now. I'll probably keep the MCI to see which I prefer, then let the other one go. Who knows, if things work out right, I might keep them both. I appreciate the input.
Craig Showman

Ft. Hood, TX
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2011 7:43 pm     Sho-bud

Jim, ill give you a good deal on that Bud of mine. I would do a trade too if you wanted.

Rains SD-10, Mullen G2 , Vegas 400, Peavey LTD 400, Hilton pedal