| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Leroy Riggs passed away
Marc Friedland

Fort Collins, CO
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2011 3:55 pm    

I received an email this afternoon from Leroy’s daughter stating her dad passed away this morning at 3:11 AM. That’s all the information I have at this point. I’m guessing she got my email address because of being on Leroy’s email contact list.
Leroy was a very nice gentleman – when we first moved from N. CA to Fort Collins, CO about 3 years ago Leroy and I met soon after (he bought me a hot chocolate at Starbucks) and always stayed in touch. He often came to my local gigs to show his support. He loved playing pedal steel and played with some local groups, but not too much lately as he didn’t feel comfortable with today’s rock & roll influenced country music. He will be missed. My condolences go out to his friends and family.

-- Marc
Tony Davis

Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2011 7:21 pm    

I recieved the same email as Leroy and I used to share jokes on email.
I met and spent some time with Leroy the first year I went to St Louis....a very nice Gentleman.....had to be...he was Ex Navy!!
I shall miss him
Tony
Marc Friedland

Fort Collins, CO
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2011 2:15 pm     Obituary & Memorial Info

I regret to inform you that Leroy has passed away. Below is his obituary please forward this information on to anyone who you know that knew him.

Thank you so much,
Marjorie Riggs - Wife
Glynda Kysar - Daughter
Celeste, Crystal, Shaun, and Deonna - Grandchildren

Leroy Glenn Riggs passed away at the age of 70, from cancer and heart problems, on Friday November 18, 2011 at 3:11am at McKee Hospital in Loveland.

Leroy was born on July 21, 1941 in Lamar, Colorado to the late Mary June and Gerald Lester Riggs. He was the oldest of 3 children with 2 younger brothers, Wayne and Donald. On January 14, 1962, Leroy married his soul mate Marjorie Jean Davis . He passed away just shy of their 50th wedding anniversary.

Leroy was a member of the United States Navy and attended Metropolitan State College to become an electrical engineer, a career that allowed him to provide for his family and get to travel to many places around the word.

Leroy was a great man who always did whatever it took to make sure his family, friends, and loved ones were taken care of. He had a great love of music and was widely known for his talented steel guitar playing. He was a gentle soul that will be missed more than words can express.

Leroy is survived by his wife of 50 years, Marjorie Riggs of Loveland, his daughter Glynda Kysar of Cheyenne, His 4 grandchildren; Celeste Amarosa and her husband Christopher of Denver, Crystal Coughenour, Shaun Coughenour, and Deonna Kysar all of Cheyenne, his 7 great grandchildren; Fabian, Amethyst, Dysennya, Zakariyah, Chrystyna, Choryssma, and Gabriella, his 2 brothers Wayne Riggs and his wife Sharon of Littleton, Donald Riggs and his wife Deb of Bailey. He is also survived by many beloved nieces, nephews, cousins, friends and loved ones.

Memorial services will be held on Tuesday November 29, 2011 at 2pm at Kibbey-Fishburn Funeral Home & Crematory located at 1102 N Lincoln Ave, Loveland, CO 80537. The service will be officiated by Leroy's brother in-law Dean Prophet of Pueblo, CO. Reception will follow the service at a location TBD.

Condolences can be directed to Marjorie Riggs at 4114 Joni Lane Loveland, CO 80537.
bruce fischer

florissant, mo. 63031 USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2011 2:28 pm    

prayers to the family at this trying time. bruce & lynn

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2011 2:01 pm    

I'm clearly late on getting this regrettable news. Leroy was a fine gentleman. Came to a few of my shows and offered his support to a fellow steel man. My prayers go out to his family.