| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  2005 Carter Starter.....SOLD, Please Close
Dickie Whitley

Post  Posted 23 Oct 2011 11:55 am    

With deepest regret I am offering my CS for sale. I know it's not much but when it's all you have, it really is a lot.

I have scanned the previous sales of the CS and believe $500 plus ship/hand/ins is inline with what I've been seeing. There is a little damage on the front side top aluminum strip, which was the way it arrived. Also I replaced the fretboard with an MSA because I liked it better. Finally, I replaced the 5 and 6 tuners because they were loose feeling. The new ones are definitely a step up from the originals. Case, two packs strings, bar, and nylon tuner key included.

[/img]

Last edited by Dickie Whitley on 28 Oct 2011 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Eugene Scott

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2011 12:09 am    

Hi Dick, would like to establish a line of communication, just starting out, been doing some research, alot to look for, this forum has given me alot to think about, My sons have said on more then one occasion, do it dad, 70 is a good age to learn. so what the hell, if I could learn to live with a women for over 50 years, "Picken" would be a challenge also. Take Care, "Gene" "Semper Fi" ( in the event your a Marine )
Allways dreamed of playing the "Steel Guitar" now Ive the time and the opportunity. Have questions on how to start, equiptment etc. alot of experience I can tell from the EMails, posted. Hopefully my questions can be answered through this crew. Tnx: Gene
Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2011 1:47 am     Cs

I started learning on a Carter Starter a little over 5 years ago and liked it real well. It sure beat a banjo. I sold mine when I moved to a CW SD-10. I wish I'd kept it in ways cause it was lighter than my CW and taking the CS to my lessons didn't bother my bad knee near as much.
Gene, you'll love the psg if you love a challenge. I was 62 when I started and that was 5 years ago and to this day I enjoy it more and more ...jr
Dickie Whitley

Post  Posted 24 Oct 2011 2:21 am    

My belief has always been that it's never too late to start learning anything. I have two weeks of classes coming up in November about Microsoft 2008 Server and SCCM. Very technical stuff for an old dog nearing 60. So just get started and see where the journey takes you. Age is not a barrier to anything except in your mind.
Dickie Whitley

Post  Posted 24 Oct 2011 3:54 pm    

Bump.....inexpensive beginner steel....
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2011 4:22 pm    

This is a good value considering the upgrade hard case not originally included with CS's.

An entry level instrument, but a good way to get started in the steel guitar bidness without a huge initial investment.
Dickie Whitley

Post  Posted 24 Oct 2011 4:44 pm    

Guys, my bad. The Goodrich Volume Pedal comes with it too. Will have to ship separately, no room in the case.

Also just for reference, the guitar and case together weighs about 35 pounds, the pedal about 3 according to the trusty bathroom scales.
Brady Redwine

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2011 2:41 pm    

I am interested. Do you have some additional pics?
Dickie Whitley

Post  Posted 25 Oct 2011 3:18 pm    

Hi Brady,

I have one person ahead of you that has expressed their interest in purchasing. If that changes, you will be next in line.

Thanks.
Brady Redwine

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2011 5:21 pm    

good deal. I will be standing by...
Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 27 Oct 2011 7:36 pm     I'll take it

Dickie, I will buy it. Please put me in line.

Thanks a lot
Dickie Whitley

Post  Posted 28 Oct 2011 9:41 am    

To all that expressed interest, I sincerely thank you. This steel has been sold and I'm packaging to send to new owner. Thank you again, and have a great day!

b0b, you can close now, and thank you.