| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  new pro lite!
Steven Dingle

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2011 4:20 pm    

I had a chance to go by Fred Justice's place the otehr day and had a chance to look at and play his new pro lite model. All I can say is "wow"...a great sounding and playing guitar that weights 10 pounds less than my other comparable SD 10s!! He cut back on weight by making some aluminum substitutions, and by using slightly thinner pedals and pedal bars, and kep the cost down by powder coating rather than chrome plating. AStill, the body is still solid maple, same neck and pickups, so it still has great sustain. I took some pictures with my phone, not very good, but it will give you the feel of it.

For all of the other posts about these "middle" steels (between "pro" and "student"), all I cn say is this guitar is customizable, and can be added on to just like any "pro" model. I also think that the less weigh can be great for those who have to fly or lug these things around! Also, I think about $2000 for a new guitar of this quality will help many get into a new instrument for less!

As always, great workmanship...but then, I'm a fan of solid workmanship, and Fred is always there to help out memebers of his "family"...after all, it was Fred and his patient attitude and approach to the pedal steel that got me back into music after an accident to my left hand left me unable to play piano or guitar as I used to... Very Happy

Way to go Fred!

Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2011 3:55 am     The Difference Between The "Pro Lite" & "

Steve thank you for coming by our shop and playing the new Pro Lite model.
If I may, I'd like to refine what Steve is saying here about the features and "differences" between the Pro Lite, and our Pro model the "Judge"

The new Pro Lite is entirely the same on the top side as the Judge, the difference is the Pro Lite is powder coated instead of high gloss polished and does not have the 1/4" step down and yes, it cuts the cost some what.
From the top down, the cross rods are all aluminum weighting less with individual carries instead of a rear rail. The knee levers are a bit thinner as well. All other undercarriage parts are the same as the "Judge"
The legs on the Pro Lite are made of chrome platted aluminum and yes, they are almost 1/2 the weight of steel legs. The powder coated pedal bar is slightly thinner but the pedals are the same as the Judge. These are pretty much the differences in a nut shell.

So, with the cuts in cost to manufacture the new Pro Lite, and the major cut in labor cost, (but we won't go there) we are able to sell the Pro Lite for an unbelievable price of $1995.00
So......... there you have the facts, and yes, its a "PRO MODEL" guitar in every since of the word.
I invite you to go take a look at the slide show and features page on our website. Thanks for listening to me ramble on and thanks for looking as well.
http://www.fredjusticemusic.com/id28.html
Olie Eshleman

Seattle, WA
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2011 1:22 pm    

Fred, have you considered making an S10 model. I for one, were I in the market, would only consider an S10, not being a fan of SD10's, but I would happily pay that same price(which is outstanding!) and wouldn't they be cheaper to make than the SD10's?
Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2011 1:55 pm    

Olie email me your phone number at this email address please. fredsmusic@q.com
Rex Thomas

Thompson's Station, TN
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2011 3:12 pm     Looks like a babe to me...

What spins my beanie about this cool gtr. is by losing the 1/4" step & it having its own "exclusive" body & room without unused space (that SD-10's commonly have IMO) makes me envision one seriously loaded E9 & still be able to keep the weight down. Steven hit it right as that gtr. hollers "customizable" like all get out.
Nuff said, BRAVO, Fred. Very Happy
Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2011 4:09 pm    

Olie thank you for you quick response.
Rex thank you sir for your nice comments and I do appreciate them very much.

The Pro Lite was designed for a number of reasons.
one being, to accommodate the sagging economy and make it affordable for someone to get started easier.
Two, to accommodate the players needing to fly their guitars.
Three, the weekend players having to set up somewhere different every weekend, makes it a little easier. And on & on.

Rex I think I mentioned in another thread, the Pro Lite pretty much has standard features, one of them being it comes with 3 pedals and 4 knee's standard.
A 4th pedal or a vertical lever (optional) can be added at the shop but that's where I have to limit it.
Anything past that becomes a loaded Pro "Judge" model.
These are great guitars and most players on the move can get-er-done with 3 X 4 or 4 X 5

Thank you all for your comments. Very Happy Very Happy
Rex Thomas

Thompson's Station, TN
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2011 4:26 pm     Oh, okay, roger that....

Gotcha, Fred.