| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  ''emcee Pro Or Dj Pro''
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2011 5:38 pm    

Does anyone use Emcee Pro Or DJ pro software for doing song playback ? Or to play tracks ? Thanks in advance . G.P.
Harry Busby

Wroxeter, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2011 11:52 am    

I have been using EMCEE PRO for about a month now. It has a few quirks that I haven't worked around yet. First it wouldn't work on my Windows 2000 laptop, so I had to change out the computer for Win 7 and of course I had to upgrade my external sound card because there was no driver for my old M-audio Quattro. I find that selecting the letter "b" just advances the cursor in the list as opposed to play the song assined to "b". I've tried this on 2 computers--same results. Also there is a variable time delay after pushing the letter and the start of the song. It's never consistant. I have emailed the company but no resolutions yet. Other than that I like the program.
Harry
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2011 8:27 am    

Harry I saw this being used last week and the guy went into one song after the other with the click of a remote device . There wasn't any hesitation at all . I was really impressed to say the least . I don't know how hard it is to set up the emcee pro to work like that but man did it ever work great . I thank you for your response . Best regards . G.P.
Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2011 10:05 am    

I am not sure what you are going to use it for, but if it is just for playback of Mp3', videos and other audio/video files, VirtualDJ (the site that comes up if I google your reference to DJ Pro) is the program I use. They have a free "home" version that I use all the time. It is my only choice now for playback. No mre crappy Winamp (constantly crashes on both my desktop and laptop), Realplayer, or Windows Media Player. Reason's I like it:

1. When you make a playlist or even just load a song into different "decks", you can set it up so there is no silent dead space between songs. I use it to play songs during our breaks.

2. You can mix audio and video files in your playlist and it will play them all. Other players don't do this (that I have found) or don't do it well.

3. All tracks in your playlist or the songs you manually load into different decks have the volume equalized so there are none that are louder than others.

4. It tries to give you key of the song but it only recognizes the keys as a minor key (the relative minor). Sometimes it will get that wrong. Like it will say Am (which the relative major key would be C), but it might say Dm or something. Most of the time it does get it right though.

5. It gives you the beats per minute value for setting up a metronome, or in my case, giving the values to our drummers who use "beat bugs" to get the tempo of songs right.

Also has a bunch of other neat thing. Plus it is cool to just sit and watch. Very Happy

For free, you can't go wrong. Definitely download the PDF users manual.

Virtual DJ - CLICK HERE
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, Recording King Professional Dobro, NV400, NV112,Ibanez Gio guitar, Epiphone SG Special (open D slide guitar) . Playing for 54 years and still counting.
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2011 9:36 am     ''Thank You ''

Richard , i'm not a genius with these things at all and need all the help i can get . Simple is what i go by Laughing . We do Southern Gospel Music and use tracks to sing to . As i said i saw the emcee pro in action and fell in love with it . I'm sure there other programs out there that would do somewhat the same thing but i need all the help i can get with these things . Simplicity is what i like trying to download songs and play back . I need something that will go into one song after the other with a click of the remote switch without hesitation . I am open to other programs that i think i can operate . G.P.
Ken Lang

Simi Valley, Ca
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2011 2:57 pm    

Gary. I'm looking at kinda the same thing for doing a single or duo along with tracks. In addition I would be playing along with guitar or piano and vocals.

I have downloaded the sample Emcee pro unit and I like it. I may buy it at a later date. $250 + $50 for the ability to put it on more than one computer.

I have looked at DJ pro. I guess it's load the free version and compare, however it looks more complicated than Emcee pro. I have loaded up the free DJ pro. No good for me. Way more complicated and doesn't lend itself for what I want to do.

I do wonder if just setting your own list of songs on the computer isn't really just as good.