| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Dottie Jack's new CD in St, Louis....
Bobby Flores

Blanco, Texas, U.S.A. (deceased)
Post  Posted 28 Aug 2006 9:47 pm    

Just wanted to let everybody know that Dottie will have her new CD "Texan In A Stetson" with her in St. Louis! We worked hard on this one and it is awesome! Our second Yellow Rose Studio project. It's Country to the bone and we were honored to have guest steelers Lynn Owsley and Ralph Mooney on it! It was a blast having those two guys here at the studio at the same time.

Also some killer steel work by Randy Reinhard. Dottie's niece Jade Michelle Jack is also featured on fiddle on a couple of songs and she did a great job! Outstanding harmony vocals by Dottie's sister Joni Rae Jack! They sound SO good together. And the usual great studio work by Jim Loessberg on drums, Randy on steel and piano, and Jake Hooker on upright bass.

Two songs feature our friend and Country music legend Johnny Bush on vocals as well. JB & Dottie sound great together.

It's a great album and I know it will be thoroughly enjoyed. If you want to purchase this one online send an e-mail order to: jackmusic@sbcglobal.net

Bobby

[This message was edited by Bobby Flores on 29 August 2006 at 08:18 PM.]

[This message was edited by Bobby Flores on 29 August 2006 at 08:28 PM.]

Fred Jack

Bastrop, Texas 78602
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2006 8:14 am    

Bobby is far too modest!He did fine guitar work on this project and he did his normal fine fiddle work as well as backup vocals.
(Uuuuhh, Bobby, do I hear the goats on a track or two?} We all had a great time with this project.
Bobby Flores

Blanco, Texas, U.S.A. (deceased)
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2006 7:20 pm    

No Fred,.... those are the ROOSTERS!! Thanks for the kind words amigo. What a pleasure to work with all of you on this one. Go Dottie!
Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2006 8:22 pm    

Dottie does for a fact sing her brass off. Best of luck on your new CD, Dottie. Love ya gal, Jody.
Red Kilby

Pueblo, CO, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2006 11:42 pm    

Congrats Dottie!!! I am so anxious to get my copy in St. Louis, I have only heard one cut off the CD,"Texan in a Stetson" Dottie sent it to me about 2 weeks ago, and asked "What do you think"??? WOW!!! is what I think.

My hats to Bobby Flores for putting this wonderful project together, anything you do sounds Great My Friend!!!, and to my 2 Great Friends, Ralph Mooney and Lynn Owsley I can't wait to hear what you played!!!

RED KILBY

[This message was edited by Red Kilby on 30 August 2006 at 12:43 AM.]

Lynn Owsley

Hendersonville, Tennessee
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2006 2:37 pm    

I'm excited about this release also...I was honored and very pleased to be a small part of something so good. I have listened to my pre-production copy many times and I am happy that now in Saint Louis I can get a real copy,I can't wait to read Ralph Mooney's liner notes!
Dottie and Bobby Flores completed a mighty fine project with this one, and working on it was fun...
Maybe we can re-create some of this at the Derby Room this week end,and we will have a purty good drummer as Johnny Bush has been seen with his stick bag already....
Tommy Detamore

Floresville, Texas
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2006 4:15 am    

I had the honor and pleasure of mastering this record, and I gotta tell you it is superb! REAL country music from a great singer and and all-star lineup of players! Congrats to Dottie. Bobby, Lynn, Ralph, and the whole crew!

------------------
Tommy Detamore

www.cherryridgestudio.com

Cal Sharp

the farm in Kornfield Kounty, TN
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2006 9:20 am    

I got to be part of this fun project, too, as the graphic designer. Some studio shots from the CD insert: Moon, Dottie, Johnny, Lynn, Jade and Bobby.

C#
www.calsharp.com
Russ Hicks

Pegram, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2006 4:37 pm    

Stetson Hats off to Dottie and Bobby for a top notch job of performing and putting together this project. Laney and I and the Beavers listened to it after breakfast this morning and everything about it is just super (even L.O. ).
rh
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2006 6:48 pm    

Dottie gave me a copy at ISGC and I listened to it on the way to Columbia MO this morning. I am VERY impressed with this CD, I listened to it twice on the trip.

As usual, the Hill Country Hosses did their legendary thing, augmented by Lynn, Ralph, and Dottie's sister Joni (Texas Jamboree attendees have seen Joni perform many times with Moon).

Great stuff!

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

Danny Hullihen

Harrison, Michigan
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2006 3:38 am    

I played steel for Dottie in St. Louis and we did a few cuts off of the new CD. Dottie is indeed a stellar performer, and she has voice qualities second to none. Her new CD is indeed one of the best of the best, and this one is a "must have" for any musician.

It was indeed a pleasure working with Dottie in St. Louis this year, and I'm looking forward to doing it again in the future.
Ron Page

Penn Yan, NY USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2006 8:04 am    

Great work with the CD and also from Danny and the band in the Jefferson Room. Who dug up that old Hag song, "Love and Honor". I'd forgotten all about that one right up to the point where Dottie and the gals hit that chorus, "I'll bet love and honor never crossed your mind..."

It was nice meeting Dottie and hearing her sing songs from the CD.
------------------
HagFan

[This message was edited by Ron Page on 06 September 2006 at 09:05 AM.]

Mike Headrick

South Pittsburg, TN, USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2006 8:05 am    

First Class all the way! Vocals, Musicians, Production, Studio quality, everything is just great.
Dottie Jack

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2006 6:32 pm    

I want to say a big "THANKS" to all of you for the kind words regarding my new cd. This project was very special to me and you all have been so encouraging!

Danny, thanks so much for inviting me to sing with your group in the Jefferson Room. It was great and I enjoyed working with all of you.

Ron, your response to Love and Honor was one of the things I was looking for when I went "diggin" for material! Thanks

I enjoyed seeing old friends and making new this week-end. What a great bunch you all are!
Janice Brooks

Pleasant Gap Pa
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2006 10:15 am    

Dotty I'm anxus to hear from you.

------------------
Janice "Busgal" Brooks
http://www.myspace.com/busgaljan

Terry Curley

Sandy OR
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2006 3:34 pm    

What's funny I came to hear Danny play and found myself listening to Dottie more than Danny. Sorry Danny...Dottie's just a great singer.
later Terry
Stan Steinberg

Fredericksburg, VA, USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2006 6:17 am    

WOW....all of the above plus beautiful.
Buck Grantham R.I.P.

Denham Springs, LA. USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2006 1:00 pm    

I loved every song on that cd. The harmony was superb. The band was super and I'm really proud that Jade got to be a part of it too. Dottie will have to go some to out do that one . Them Texas players can git'er done for sure.
Dean Dobbins

Rome, Ilinois, U.S.A. * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2006 6:07 am    

Listened to Dottie's CD on the way home from St. Louis, and believe me, it is absolutely fantastic!!! Congrats., Dottie!!

------------------
Dino
Danny Hullihen

Harrison, Michigan
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2006 1:31 am    

Hey Terry, I can relate to that. Now you know how Russ Hicks feels when Laney takes the stage. Smile
Danny Hullihen

Harrison, Michigan
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2006 9:05 am    

Dottie in concert at the I.S.G.C.

Willis Vanderberg

Petoskey Mi
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2006 4:35 pm    

I was the lucky guy who shot the photo's and Dottie is a fine singer and a nice gal..
Danny and Barry and the gals in the band did a bang up job...Those Mullen guitars sounded sweet.

Bud
Rob Parker

Paducah, Kentucky, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2006 8:13 pm    

Dottie,
Your new CD is great, fantastic music, arrangements, singing..all the above...I am so glad you finally bit the bullet and recorded...You can well be proud of this work..and it is a part of your family, for the support, and also for the harmony, and Little Miss Jade playing..
Precious moments to always treasure...and no matter how many more CD's you may record, this one will probably always be your favorite...
All the musicians played their hearts out..and all your guests were so very good...they helped you to make this CD a superb work..My thanks to each of them for supporting you, and helping make it a fantastic project...
Now, while you are coasting from the work on this one, start thinking about your next project..
Much love to you and your family, I wish for you great success on this one...
Peace and love to all...
RP...'come on in'...

Marilyn Myers

Merritt, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2006 6:52 pm    

Dottie's Cd is great and I enjoyed meeting her in St. Louis.
Marilyn
Smiley Roberts

Hendersonville,Tn. 37075
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2006 11:41 am    

Just recently received my copy,& all I can say is this is a WINNER!! If you're a die-hard Country fan,this is the album for you. Fred,you gotta be proud of Dottie. A great job of singing,& easy on the eyes too. Why,if I was 30 yrs. younger....well,nevermind. Congrats Dottie. (Excellent pickin' by everybody also.)

------------------
  ~ ~

©¿© It don't mean a thang,
mm if it ain't got that twang.