| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  West Texas Steel Guitar Association *Steve Palousek Coming*
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 12 Sep 2011 6:19 pm    

Hello Fellow Steelers!!! Just a quick post to let everyone know about our upcoming Steel Show on Sunday October the 30th. I am particularly excited about this show because I just got off the phone with Steve & Donna Palousek. They have confirmed to be here on that Sunday for the show. Steve is, as you know, one of the Premier Steel Players in the country. I've already lined up a great backup band for this one as well. The show will be in Merkel as usual, and I'm working on one of the High School Auditoriums for the venue. I'll let everyone know where...in a day or two. I'd like to personally invite everyone in the state to come and enjoy an afternoon of the FINEST steel guitar pickin' available. So spread the news and Y'all Come!!!
See Ya There!
Larry Toliver
West Texas Steel Guitar Association
Danny Letz

Old Glory,Texas, USA 79540
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2011 4:10 pm    

It don't get no better than this. Please help us spread this around. We need more than just steel pickers for this one This will be great intertainment for whoever loves good music.
Junior Knight

Eustace Texas..paddle faster..I hear Banjos...
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2011 4:35 pm    

Trust me...THIS is top shelf pickin!! Folks, you are in for the treat of your steel life..Do NOT miss Steve..he is one of the finest players that God has ever made!!!
texsteelman2@yahoo.com

Jagwire Strings
Facebook/ Junior Knight, Steel Guitar
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 15 Sep 2011 6:13 pm    

You Said it Junior! Folks, I hold Junior Knight in the highest position of respect, and if he says that about Steve.....then it is fairly close to Correct! I did get us a different venue for this show. We will be at the Middle school auditorium just off of 3rd and Ash street. It's easy to find...go to the west most railroad track (Ash St) and go South 3 blocks, turn right on 3rd about 50 yards and there it is! It has a huge stage, seats about 400, and is perfect for our show. By the way, you should have heard Junior last month at our show...he was excellent! Thanks again Junior for your time and effort in helping us! I owe you one! Once again, everyone is invited to come and enjoy our steel show. Free admission, Steve Palousek! It don't GIT ANY BETTER THAN THIS!

Larry Toliver
Ford Cole

Texas
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2011 5:23 am    

Isn't Steve Palousek a kind of an understudy of Budddy Emmons, and strongly endorsed by Mr. Emmons, himself?
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 18 Sep 2011 3:36 pm    

Hey Ford,
I don't know if he is endorsed by Buddy, or anything like that, but he has made some teaching videos with the Emmons Guitar company. However, in my humble little opinion....He is EXCELLENT, and plays a lot of the Emmons tunes, very well! I like the stuff Steve dishes out, and he is one of my favorite players! Great technique, taste, touch, bar control, plays in tune, and my favorite....SPEED. He's got the complete Toolkit! I'm already fired up just waiting for October the 30th! See everyone there!

Larry Toliver
The West Texas Steel Guitar Association
David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2011 1:21 pm    

I'm with Jr on this guy, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Doyle Mitchell

Loraine, Texas
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2011 5:09 am    

this should fall right in with halloween because Steve will scare the dickens out of most of us steel pickers ! Whoa! definetly one of the best, looking forward to this for sure.
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 28 Sep 2011 8:59 am    

You know David....I agree with you & Junior too!
You ought to try and come out TOO on that day....David! That would be doubly awesome to have the nice, friendly, wonderful guy who never picks on anyone... David Wright pickin' too with Steve Palousek! Gimme a shout sometime. This show will be a good one!

Larry Toliver
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 2 Oct 2011 7:56 pm    

Well, just about 4 weeks out from Steve Palousek coming to town, and having a grand STEEL PICKIN TIME! Had to give the post a little bump. We are ready for some fine picking! Ya'll Come!

Larry Toliver
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2011 11:47 am    

Junior Knight wrote:
Trust me...THIS is top shelf pickin!! Folks, you are in for the treat of your steel life..Do NOT miss Steve..he is one of the finest players that God has ever made!!!

Well, Junior's being a little conservative. Wink

Seriously though, Steve is under-recognized for being the world-class picker that he is. Those who attend this meeting will be in for a great steel guitar experience. Do not miss it!!

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Randall Palmore

Albany,TX USA 76430
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2011 4:00 am    

Looking forward to the 30th WTSGA event. I'm anxious to see Steve, live and kicking! He and Randy Cornor's collaborations are some of my favorite recordings. Thanks LT for getting this together! WOW! RP
Jim Keeney

Brownwood, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2011 6:12 pm     WTSGA 30th

This will be another great one. It will be good to see everyone again.

Jim
Ford Cole

Texas
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2011 9:10 am    

By my count--23 days 'til... Hope to see many on Oct. 30!! fc
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 7 Oct 2011 8:30 pm    

Well, just got a call from Steve Palousek, and he is ready to pick! He gave me a list of a few songs that are from his recent album. We will have the backup band prepared for these. A few of them are: Blues # 37, Night Life, How High the Moon, Right or Wrong, I love You So Much, and Swingin Doors! If you've heard this album, you know how excited I am to be there! Just wanted to invite everyone in the state of Texas, and Oklahoma as well. Come on down and enjoy a great afternoon of STEEL GUITARIN. We'll start about 1:30pm Sunday the 30th at the Merkel Middle School Auditorium. See you there!
Larry Toliver
Charlie Shifflett

Colorado City, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2011 7:27 am     Steel shoe 30th.

Well Larry you have done it again, Be glad to see Steve again Seen and Talked with him at the motel in Abilene Tx. with Gene Watson A few years back had breakfast and a nice talk and he gave me one of his tapes and greatly injoyed every song on it still listen to the tape also, will be glad to see him again. Thank Larry , Charlie
Danny Letz

Post  Posted 10 Oct 2011 8:59 am    

This is definantly going to be worth a little road trip down Interstate 20. Come on down, watch Steve and visit with some West Texas good ole boy steel pickers. We have some of the most easy going, friendly members in our club and are hunting for more. We'd be glad to have you. This is good entertainment for anyone, steel picker or not.
Jim Keeney

Brownwood, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2011 8:49 am    

Just returned from Ruidoso. Had a great time, and there was a lot of great pickers. I'm ready to here more on the 30th.

Jim
Jim Keeney

Brownwood, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2011 8:50 am    

bump
Danny Letz

Post  Posted 12 Oct 2011 12:36 pm    

Looking forward to this event. We are going to let Steve have the spotlight for about ever how long he wants it. We are not going to have time for everybody to jam this time, but have decided to ask Larry Toliver, Randall Palmore, and Bobby Tuttle to play a while after Steve, if they would, and perhaps Steve will join them in a mini jam for a while. I wanted to let all the rest of our members know this so you may not want to load and bring your rigs unless you just need the exercise. I think the only reason we might need more pickers is if someone has to cancel. We'll get back to the full jam at one of the next meetings. Enjoying good music without the work. Sounds good don't it?
Danny Letz

Post  Posted 12 Oct 2011 1:48 pm    

Jim Keeney, you rascal. Could I talk you into comming to Old Glory next year and pumping oil wells for me so I can go to the Lincoln County Symposium?
Jim Keeney

Brownwood, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2011 5:50 pm    

Hey Danny,

Call me back, I think we had a bad signal.
See ya on the 30th.
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 15 Oct 2011 4:43 am    

Good day fellow steel guitar pickers! Only about 2 weeks out from one of the best shows the West Texas Steel Association has and will have! Steve called again yesterday, and he said he would like to participate in the jam...so get ready for a special treat there as well! We will have Kacey playing lead guitar, Dwayne Pack on drums, and Billy Tibbs on bass for this one. Steve also said he would bring a nice assortment of cds & such if anyone would like to pick up some of his stuff. As always, if you have an item you would like to sell, you are welcome to bring it for all to see! See ya'll there.
Larry T
Gerry Cockrell

Buffalo Gap, Texas
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2011 10:36 am     West Texas Steel Guitar Association

Hey Larry and Danny. Man, ya'll have put together a great show for the 30th. Will see you there.

Gerry
Danny Letz

Post  Posted 20 Oct 2011 10:42 am    

Thanks Gerald, but I can't take much credit for this one. Mr. Toliver has out done himself this time. I'm just watchin him go and trying to help where I can.