| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Burning questions for Gary Cosden...
John Martin

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2011 8:02 pm    

Gary.... a.k.a. Maya Pachyderm Honk... a.k.a. Lush Pyle... do you still remember how to play The Baby Elephant Walk? What key was that in? Smile

Count Y.
Gary Cosden

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2011 3:57 am    

Stab from the past! The best kind. Whats up with you John? I see your in Texas (probably a good move). Are you playing steel now? We should catch up and talk about other members of the Honk Brothers behind their backs. Email me when you get a chance.
John Martin

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2011 3:06 pm    

Good to see your reply! I've been pretty busy today but will get around to setting things up and posting an intro in a day or two. I did send you an email through the forum, so if you didn't get it, let me know.

I'm not playing steel, but have always been interested in learning about them and how they work, and I have always loved the sound in a band situation. I always thought that your steel gave the Honk Bros a really nice sound.

I've been out of music since moving to Texas but have been thinking seriously about jumping back in if I can find some other geezers in the SW Houston area who might need a bass player. All I have to do is learn how to play all over again. lol My fingers and timing have been on vacation so long, they might not want to go back to work without a fight.

We can take this discussion private, but I just wanted to make sure that I didn't do something stupid so that you didn't get the email.