| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Deep South Steel Guitar Show MS
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2011 10:25 am    

Our program is shaping up quite nicely. Two singing MCs-Rock A Billie Hall of Fame menber Jerry Jaye and Radio/TV Personality "Country" Jack Harper. Jerry is a player of any instrument he desires to play and will have a program all his on with his Emmons D-10. "Country" is a most versatile singer/entertainer and will also have programs of his own with his choice of steel players to please everyone. His knowledge of where our music comes from is unmatched by anyone I have ever met.
Gene Breeden, guitarist supreme and a top Nashville recording guitarist, will be our staff guitar player.
And so very proud when Roy Rosetta steps on our band stand. He and Barbara will be over from Texas. Couple these guys with our top flight band members and the steel players will never sound better, anywhere.
List of steel guitarists to follow very soon.
VFW,Gulfport, Ms. More details later this week.
Bill Stafford
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2011 10:27 am     Deep South Steel Guitar Show

And yes, we will have a fiddle in the band-and possibly two. Jack Goodson coming in from Alabama. Waiting of confirmation from no. 2. Will tell you about him later.
Bill Stafford
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2011 3:54 pm     Deep South Steel Guitar Show

Now, this is the way to start off a confirmation list-Rudy Osborne, steel guitarist for Dottie West, will be one of our major headliners. You can hear some of Rudy's playing with Dottie West on the Ronnie Prophet UTube video. Rudy backs Dottie on two of her very famous songs.
And the great Pee Wee Whitewing is maneuvering his schedule and just may be here also. Not for sure yet, but it does look good. Hank Corwin is going to do his best to be here also. Pee Wee was Hank's idol and Rudy and Hank are good friends. Hope this works out and all three are here for a nice reunion. Hank has had influence on a lot of major players. Rightfully so, and Pee Wee was Hanks major influence to play steel guitar.
To have all three of them at one place is just beautiful and I hope a lot of you can experience this with us.
Thanks.
Bill Stafford
Junior Knight

Eustace Texas..paddle faster..I hear Banjos...
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2011 6:03 am    

This will be a GREAT show!!! Don't miss it!
texsteelman2@yahoo.com

Jagwire Strings
Facebook/ Junior Knight, Steel Guitar
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2011 6:52 am     Dssg

Jr. thanks for that plug. It would be much greater if you could add to the REAL TEXAS influence too. Think about it and let me know...Will make big room for you both days. (Hoping here).
Bill Stafford
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2011 9:59 am     Dssg

Joe Wright just confirmed to our show. Shaping up better and better.
Bill Stafford
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2011 9:06 am     Gulfport show

Well, sure is hard to "top off" Joe Wirght. In another musical vein, Corky Tittle just confirmed to be our staff drummer. This is more good news as Corky is one of the very best in the business. Just ask Herbie Wallace if you don't believe me. Thanks Corky.
Bill Stafford
Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2011 9:59 am     Corky

Yes, Bill Corky is one of my favorite drummers as he lays it right in the pocket so to speak. I really wish I could be there. As you know I have a show in Atlanta on that Sunday and I just don't know if I would have enough time to make it back to Atlanta.

Herby Wallace
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2011 10:19 am    

As of right now....Bill.....I will be there.....the new band I'm with doesn't have anything booked for either Fri or Sat......but we know that can change in a moment of time.....so put me in a slot for both Fri. nite and Sat.....early enough, but not the first on Sat, just in case I have a job that nite.......and I don't get off from school,on Fri, until 3:00 unless they'll let me off earlier (for good behavior, lol). Looking forward to being there!
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2011 11:35 am     Gulfport

Herbie, that is a lot of driving and we would love for you to be here. I will work the schedule any way we need too to allow you to be here. Just want you to not tire yourself out on the highways. Want you safe and sound.
Hal, I will work the shedule to fit your requirements. Just keep me posted. Herbie and Hal are two of our mainstays and favorite players and friends. Thanks to both of you so very much. Love to hear my pal Ray Harrison sing with Herby anytime. Glad Ray will be here for the first time. I am the proudest one with all this genuine friendship. Thanks again,
Bill STafford
Corky Tittle

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2011 7:53 am    

Mr Bill! I am so looking forward to being a guest at another one of your shows you always seem to have some of the best talent around showing up. I talked to my buddy Hank Corwin yesterday and am coming a few days early to rehearse some stuff with him, also I have a call in to Ronnie Miley and am hoping he can make it, might be tough for him as I think he works most weekends right now, but you never know. Anyway thanks for having me, oh-and could you talkto my therapist and assure her that I will not drool on stage any more (she's such a worrier) Man this is gonna be great!......Cork
Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2011 11:00 am     Show

Bill,

I have emailed you a couple times directly but didn't hear back from you so I didn't know if they got through. Please email me when you can so we can confirm everything.

Thanks,

Herby
Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2011 5:07 pm     Show

I have confirmed everything with Bill Stafford and I will at the show both days and I am looking forward to it again as Bill always hosts a first class show. I hope to see many of you there.

Herby Wallace
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2011 6:27 pm    

Bill.....it's sure great that Herbie is going to be at the show, too. He's a first class player and person. I really enjoyed getting to sing on his part of the show last time.

Herbie.....no greater picker could be coming than you....I've always enjoyed and admired your style for years..........So glad that you're going to make it to the Gulf again....looking forward to it.
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2011 7:21 pm     Gulfport show

Herbie, you beat me to the punch with the announcement. No one is prouder than I am that you will be here. Herbie is one of our main stay players and has been to all our shows here on the coast. Hal says it perfectly about you. It is a big honor that you will be here. Thank you so much.
Hal, let me know your schedule so I can handle our program properly.
And ,it just keeps getting better. Ronnie Miley is coming down to play the sets with Hank Corwin. I want us all to pay special tribute to Hank as his medical prognosis is not so good. He is on dialisis three times a week now due the to medicine he was on for his heart problems that destroyed his kidneys. Ronnie is making a special trip down from Nashville, taking off from his music jobs there to be with Hank and help us appreciate Hank Corwin. Show line up is really getting good folks. So proud of all the great players that want to come here to be with us. Thanks to all.
Bill Stafford
Corky Tittle

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2011 4:56 am    

Let's see now, Hank Corwin, Herby Wallace, Ronnie Miley, crap I got goose bumps, man this is gonna be awesome. To anybody in the steel guitar community that follows these shows, and the players that take part in these programs, if you are anywhere within driving distance of Biloxi Ms.and have the time and wherewithall to get there I can promise you this will be one of the best steel guitar events you will ever attend. Bill Stafford is a class act!!!
Ray Harrison

Tucson, Arizona, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2011 4:50 pm    

I am looking forward to being there and getting to visit with Bill and Corky again. Not to mention herby and the rest of my friends.
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2011 6:15 am     Gulfport show

ONE more MAJOR SURPRISE in the works! And this will really top off the icing on this cake for our Hank Corwin Appreciation Weekend. To be announced very soon, hopefully.
Sure looking forward to Ray Harrison being here for the first time.
Bill Stafford
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2011 11:14 am     Gulfport show

PEE WEE WHITEWING will be here with us! Very fitting in that Hank Corwin was first impressed with the steel guitar when he heard Pee Wee with the Hank Thompson band in New York before Hank Corwin had any ideas about playing the steel guitar. Pee Wee is fully aware of how great Hank Corwin became and seeing these two together is a big event for me and all our steel guitar friends and fans. Thanks Pee Wee for making this happen.
Bill STafford
Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2011 1:13 pm    

I must be crazy to play on the same stage as all these guys.
Bill, what have you gotten me into?

Bill Ferguson
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2011 2:06 pm     Gulfport show

Hi Bill, got you mixed up with some great southern hospitality and a superb bunch of friends and great players. See you soon.

Bill Stafford
Roy Rosetta

Nederland, Texas.. On the Texas Gulf Coast
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2011 7:29 pm    

Can't wait to see my dear friend Pee Wee Whitewing. It's been a while. What a great player and he will be a compliment to the super line-up Bill Stafford has assembled.
...Roy
Doc Rickles

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2011 5:43 am     Hank Corwin Ronnie Miley

Bill , an appreciation for Hank is the highlight of the show. He and Ronnie Miley are the best I have ever heard together. The show is always great and its one of the top shows in the steel world.

Bill has one of the best shows and down to earth fellowships of this great instrument. Thanks for his untiring efforts to make it one of the best.

Give Steve my best and I will surely be there to enjoy alll the food, fellowship and great singing and picking.

Blessings to you and yours,

Doc Rickles
Bobby Bowman

Cypress, Texas, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2011 9:42 pm     Dates?

Hey Wild Bill,,,,I can't seem to find the date/s and times of the show.
Thanks,
BB
Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2011 11:28 am    

Hey Bobby,
Show dates are Friday night, Nov. 4 and Sat. Nov. 6.

Come on down. It's been too long since I saw ya.

Bill
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.