| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. St. Louis Show
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  St. Louis Show
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2011 4:30 pm    

I wish to thank Scotty and his staff for giving me the cherished opportunity to open the 40th International Steel Guitar Convention. A very big honor for me. Scotty surely knows how to make a wannabee player nervous. Thanks again, Scotty for this pleasure and honor.
Bill STafford
Wendell Gurley

CARROLLTON, GEORGIA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2011 5:35 pm     Thank You!

And I in turn want to thank you, Bill, for giving me the opportunity to sing and share the stage with you. You probably don't realize what that meant to me and I was so honored to get to be on there with you!! Can't wait till the next time!
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2011 12:15 am     Scotty's show

Wendell, I don't know if you noticed Jean Hughey coming up to the front of the stage right after you sang "Sweet Memories". She was so thankful to us for playing that wonderful song for her and John. I was so proud of and for you and very glad all the audience had the chance to hear your superb voice. Thanks for giving us your talent.
And, by the way, the date for our Deep South Show here in Gulfport is Nov. 4 & 5. Sure want you to be here with us again. Thanks.
Bill STafford
Ray Harrison

Tucson, Arizona, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2011 1:23 pm    

Bill who should I contact to reserve my room for the Nov show? I look forward to it and was thinking I would have to wait til March before I could visit.
Are we going to hussle Corky into duty for the show? I speak with him on the phone from time to time and he really is looking for a group to work with. I told him to prepare to lower his standards slightly due to the quality of some local talent and be happy with what you can find. It's tough to find pro level experience.
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2011 3:35 pm     Deep South

Ray, this is good news. You can stay here with us and not have to worry about that expense. We have plenty of room and your welcome mat account has no expiration date on it. Will contact Corky and see if he can be here. If he is busy with his work, we have drummers that can cover for him quite well. If you should talk with him, ask him to call me. See you soon. Thanks for that.
Bill Stafford
Ray Harrison

Tucson, Arizona, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2011 5:02 pm    

Well Thank you and Betty so much for your hospitatality. You know that we'll have a great time visiting and playing music.
Take care
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars
Doc Rickles

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2011 6:28 am     Excel Room

There was excitement everywhere in St Louis and I enjoyed them all. It was really a blessing to spend a lot of time in the Excel Room with "Mr Smooth" Bill Stafford and and Steve Sanford. This was a complete show all by itself and such great musicians playing their heart out for all who came.

The best of all worlds, Bill with his expertise to all the great pop, country, and classical favorites. Then Steve, the new star on the block. The most enthusiastic, sincere, driving player in the steel world today. IMHO. The nicest and most sincere of all the new players. Thanks Bill and Steve for such
a wonderful time.

Bill looking forward to Nov. One of the best shows
anywhere , anytime.

Doc and Ginny Rickles
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2011 9:13 am     Show

Doc, it is always a great pleasure for me to see you in the audience with your lovely and devoted wife. That way, I stand a chance of hearing you on stage with us also. Thanks for the nice words and I am so proud of Steve Sanford breaking into our family in this steel guitar world. When he was on the big stage and played that "No Name Shuffle" of Emmons, I watched the expression in the audience. Their eyes opened wide in surprise that someone else could also play this song with great tone and finess that has made Emmons so popular. And Steve does it on his Superb S-12 Universal unit.
Doc,I want to feature you on a program during our forthcoming Deep South Steel Show on Nov. 4th & 5th. Want Steve and I could play your set. Let me know if that is alright with you. Thanks again for the show remarks.
Bill STafford
Doc Rickles

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2011 12:12 pm     Nov Show

Thanks for a wonderful time in St Louis and all your hard work.
It will be a pleasure to do a program with you and Steve. I am honored to be asked.

Ginny sends her love to all our friends there.
It's almost like coming home to the coast.

Blessings and prosperity to all of you.

Doc and Ginny Rickles