| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Thanks Jim & Barbara Stahlhut (Jazz Room)
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Thanks Jim & Barbara Stahlhut (Jazz Room)
Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2011 7:04 pm    

I want to express my thanks to Jim and Barbara Stahlhut for organizing another great Jazz Room at this year's ISGC. The attendance at the Jazz Room was strong again this year and the players excellent. It was a special treat to have Jan Jansson from Sweden play a set. What a great player he is! Very innovative with great chops. Sounded great on his Desert Rose C6. Thanks for making the trip out, Jan; it was great to meet you and hear you!

And, again, many thanks to Jim and Barbara for all the hard work that goes on during the year to prepare for this day. A labor of love and we appreciate it! Smile
Jan Jonsson

Gothenburg, Sweden
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2011 6:22 am    

I ditto the thanks to Jim and Barbara, and extend an extra thanks to you, Jim C, for helping make this happen for me. I felt very honored to be invited to play at this event, and I hope my Swedish smörgåsbord added something to the culinary menu in the Jazz Room. Playing the Desert Rose and wearing a snazzy T-shirt was a good start, but what really helped me through this were the amazing musicians in the band. Bob DeBoo ... what a bass player!

It was wonderful to be able to enjoy all the great players in the Jazz Room, and I cannot hide my near-childish delight of finally having heard and seen Dave Easley live. On my drive down to Austin to catch my flight back home, I spent most of the time listening to Dave's "Live at Scotty's" CD. This made the 800+ miles long drive much more bearable.

-- Jan
Paul E Vendemmia

Olney Maryland Mongomery
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2011 6:39 am    

The best part of the jazz show is the people
I take my hat off to you and I thank you for your hard work. As always you did a great job.
Jim Stahlhut

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2011 8:31 am     Our Thanks to Everyone Involved!

Thanks for your help Jim C. Barbara and I appreciate the positive comments that we got. We just want to add our thanks to all the players: Russ Wever, Doug Jernigan, Jim Cohen, Jan Jonsson (Barbara & I appreciate that you came all the way from Sweden to play), Mike Sweeney, and Dave Easley. Of course we also want to thank Kyle Honeycutt and Bob DeBoo for making our rhythm section smoke. The other group we need to thank is the audience. Without them there would be no show. Finally we want to thank Scotty and the whole Scott family for making this possible and for getting it on SteelRadio.
Jim and Barbara Stahlhut
Jim Stahlhut

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2011 8:40 am     Oops!

I forgot to thank Colm Chomicky for video taping the Jazz Room for Scotty's archives. Thanks Colm!
Jim