| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bruce Zumsteg's new CD
Mike Sweeney

Nashville,TN,USA
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2011 12:26 pm    

Just wanted to let everyone know that Bruce has released his first CD, "Just Kickin' Back". All I can say is "Wow!". It's a great CD. Anyone who has played one of Bruce's guitars knows he is a great craftsman but he is also a great player. Every song is played well with great tone and taste. This CD is available from Bruce. Just contact him at his shop. The price is $15.00 plus $2.00 shipping in the US. What a deal! Every steel player should have one.

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2011 3:35 pm    

Bruce's picking skills are well known in the KC area. I was at a KC steel jam two years ago, that Bruce was also at. He was playing as well or better than the first time I heard him at the old "Club 95" in south KC back in mid 80's.
Russ Wever

Kansas City
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2011 12:02 am    

Bruces address for
ordering his CD is:
Bruce Zumsteg
25625 S Brush College Rd.
Harrisonville MO 64701

Russ Wever

Kansas City
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2011 12:19 am    

Randy Beavers

Lebanon,TN 37090
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2011 5:30 am    

Looking for a CD that will give you some new ideas to play? Well, this is it!

Most folks know him as "The" steel guitar builder, and have never heard him play. Some of us lucky ones have got to set around and pick with him at his house. My time dates back to his basement and garage in Raytown, MO, in 1978. I always felt like I took away more new ideas and licks to learn, than I left. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever listened to him play without hearing something new I wanted to learn, and that goes for this CD.

So pick one of these up and be prepared to do some head scratching, then get to your guitar and go to work. Very Happy

Randy
C.D. Richards

Owasso,OK
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2011 5:35 am    

For several years I have heard that Bruce is an excellent steel player. While talking to Bruce at the Branson show I learned about his CD so I immedatley bought one. I had never had the opportunity to hear Bruce play. Folks let me tell you this CD is a must have. Bruce does an excellent job and is (as I was told) a very accompolished player.
Clovis Richards
David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2011 6:24 am    

This is why Bruce builds a GREAT Steel, he knows how to play it, and well!!! Very Happy
Michael McGee

Everton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2011 7:07 am    

I was allowed the humble privilege of hearing these songs several weeks ago. Mr. Z swore me to secrecy (you know how it is... if you spill the beans he detunes some of your tuning keys and won't tell you which ones he touched), but it was hard to keep this fantastic project a secret. So I'm glad it's done and I can say GREAT JOB BRUCE!

A master builder showing that he's a MASTER player.

He only charged me $25 extra to autograph it! Smile Bruce, ya know I gotta rib you a little.

My sincere thanks to you my friend for a great CD, and for building the guitars of my dreams!

jmm
Billy Easton

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2011 11:32 am    

Just got my copy in the mail.....I knew it would be great, and I was not disappointed....Bruce is very humble when he need not be and I am proud to call him friend. Great job Bruce! You owe it to yourself to buy a copy of Bruce's new CD.....you won't be disappointed either!

Billy Easton

Last edited by Billy Easton on 6 Aug 2011 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Tommy Detamore

Floresville, Texas
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2011 4:40 am    

Man Randy, you are so right! Bruce sent me a pre-mix copy and I couldn't get through a whole song without rewinding to hear some lick over and over. Like "How is he doing that????"

Great playing by a great guy...

www.cherryridgestudio.com
www.steelguitartracksonline.com
Dave Grothusen

Scott City, Ks
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2011 3:45 am    

About twenty years ago Bruce invited me and my buddy Victor out to a club where he was playing. Wow, I have known for a long time what a great player he was. I will indeed have to have this CD.
Ronald Bailey

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2011 10:46 pm    

I've been hearing this CD in the making but swore to secrecy about it. Wow, what a finish. If you know Bruce you know what an awesome player he is. Get you a copy and you'll really enjoy it. Good luck on the CD Bruce.
Roger Hurst

Independence, MO, USA
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2011 8:54 am    

I just got a chance to really listen to Bruce's new CD and it is awesome. His version of Buddy's "Blue Jade" is worth the price of the CD. It will make your eyes roll back in your head and your ears hang low. Bruce's relentless quest for perfection is as obvious in his music as it is in his guitars.
Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2011 6:43 pm    

Fantastic!!!!
BOBBY JACKS

Fort Madison, Iowa
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2011 11:44 am     Bruce's New CD

WOW is right, since I work on cars and build racing engine's for a living I know how important it is to road test a car or put one of my 700HP small block Chevy engines on my dyno, well I can hear that Bruce has been road testing those beautiful guitars he builds for a long time as it comes out in his playing !! WOW Great Job Bruce you made us ALL Proud to be ZUM Owners, BJ
Thiel Hatt

Utah, USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2011 5:57 pm    

I hereby wish to echo everything that has been said about this CD . What an impressive job of showing what the pedal steel guitar can do for 15 diverse songs and how nice Bruce makes his ZumSteel sound. Nice touch and execution . That's as good as it gets.
Bobby DeMoss

Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2011 9:33 pm     Wow

Bruce, that CD is definitely the WOW factor.
TOTALLY AWESOME.
We are all going to want another one soon so get busy.
PS, you can hang on to the monitors cause I wont have
time for them with trying to learn all those licks and
all.

Bobby D.

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2011 11:08 am    

Was the guitar that Bruce is sitting behind in the photo formerly owned by Buddy Charleton? Took some C6 lessons from Buddy around five or so years ago and seem to remember him playing that guitar or one very much like it.
Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2011 10:37 am    

Want to give a bump to Bruce's CD. If you are a steel player of any sort, you need this CD. A very refreshing and a different approach to a couple tunes and I bet each song you are going to rewind to listen to certain licks. I might add that even if you aren't a steel player, this CD needs to be in your possesion. Very good Bruce and especially like your trubue to John and Hal.---Henry

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
JERRY THURMOND

sullivan mo u.s.a.
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2011 10:59 am    

I got mine while we was at the Heartland Steel Show, because I have have had the luck to pick with Bruce many times, I was not suprised how good he picks.Bruce is one of a kind, great player great builder an great friend.

Jerry
Daniel McKee

Corinth Mississippi
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2011 4:06 pm    

how can i order a copy of this cd.
Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2011 8:47 am    

Bruce Zumsteg
25625 S Brush College Rd.
Harrisonville MO 64701

$15 plus $2 shipping

What I don't understand is how Bruce builds such great guitars when he must spend all his time practicing for a CD to come out like that.

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Johnny Cox

Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2011 1:49 pm    

It is now very obvious why Bruce is such a great steel guitar builder, it's because he is a great player. I've been waiting to hear this cd since Bruce told me sometime ago he was working on it. I love the song selection and arrangments. Bruce's tone is killer and he plays his fanny off. The thing I like so much about it is it's real, it's just Bruce being Bruce. I also love the fact that you don't have to wade through five guitar of fiddle solos to get back to the steel playing. Great record Bruce.
Marvin Born

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2011 7:55 am    

I got mine today and wow.

Marvin
Marvin Born

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2011 10:33 am    

ttt