| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  How many upgraded to the 2011.5?
Don Brown, Sr.

New Jersey
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2011 11:28 am    

Just putting a thought here, since I've been wondering exactly why it was that I just purchased the "Everything Pack" 2011 (on the HD) back in Dec 2010, and already, there was an upgrade to 2011.5 for another $165.00, with tons more real tracks, tutorials, etc, etc. Actually, $145.00 plus $15.00 shipping.

So just wondering how many others might have made that same move?

I'm still wondering why I went for it myself, when in fact, I'm just a beginner to BIAB.Confused

I guess I'm wondering if I made the right decision, to stay on top of things Embarassed

Thanks

Don
Gary Shepherd

Fox, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2011 1:59 pm    

You bought the upgrade because you wanted the new Paul Franklin tracks.

Carter D-10 & Peavey Nashville 1000

www.16tracks.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Don Brown, Sr.

New Jersey
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2011 4:52 pm    

No, nothing at all against Paul, for certain, but I'm only going to be using it for making my own backing tracks. So I sure don't want to use steel (other than myself) on the recordings.

That's my reason for asking the question of whether or not, I really needed to upgrade. I suppose the reason I did, was because I was seeing it was my last day to take advantage of that special price.

The above as well as, a whole lot of added features to make things lots better (easier) to work with.

I probably could have gotten away with just a plain old jane first edition they made, for what I'll be using it for.. But I do like the live tracks, as opposed to the sound of midi.

Don
Leon Carpenter

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2011 6:29 pm     2011..5

$164.00 is the same as 2 months of the garbage on Dish network. That makes keeping up to date seem like a bargin, Very Happy IMHO of course. ELC

Mesa, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2011 4:42 am    

I seem to upgrade sporadically, depending on what the new features or Real Tracks are. I love Real Tracks, and the new stuff with Brent Mason, Paul Franklin, etc just make it better. I did not get the 2011.5 upgrade maily due to money being tight, but I probably will do the 2012 if and when.

The reason being that the 2012.5 will encompass all the feature upgrades of the 2011.5 plus the new RT sets plus some even newer ones and some new features. The bugs in the 2011.5 version will have been worked out, and while the 2012 may have a few of it's own, I won't have to spend time dealing with two sets of bug in less than a year.

Congrats on the upgrade though, it's a heck of a deal.

Rob

http://www.reverbnation.com/roberttrippgospel

I might be a beginner now, but someday I'm gonna steel the show.
Mitch Crane

1000 Oaks, CA
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2011 8:07 pm    

I gotta have the latest and greatest so I upgraded. Have not used any of the new RT yet but I love the new floating mixer !
Leon Carpenter

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2011 6:54 pm     2011.5 upgrade

I did,from 2011 to 11.5 and is the best money I ever spent with P.G. Music period. Very Happy Leon

New Jersey
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2011 6:07 am    

Thanks for all of the replies. And yes, now I don't feel bad about upgrading. I Agree, excellent value for the small cost.

Thanks again to all,

Don