| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  MASGA Jam Update - Thomasville, NC
Glen E. Lanning

La Grange, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2011 5:36 am    

Motel information to be added!

DIRECTIONS TO EVENT: For those that will be headed West on Rt.85 towards Thomasville NC. Take exit #103 (NC-109) north. Turn right onto Randolph Street (NC-109). Go approximately 1.4 miles to 101 Randolph Street. Auditorium is behind Sanctuary.
DIRECTIONS TO EVENT: For those that will be headed East on Rt.85 towards Thomasville NC. Take exit #103 (NC-109) north.
Turn left onto Randolph Street (NC-109). Go approximately 1.4 miles to 101 Randolph Street. Auditorium is be-hind Sanctuary.
FOOD--Great food will be made available on premise.
We are checking for motels for special MASGA rates. Stay in touch with the MASGA web site for updates.
Www.masga.org
Peavey Session 400 Limited/Nashville 1000/Zoom RFX-2000/Peavey EQ-215 Equalizer/Nashville 112
Glen E. Lanning

Post  Posted 17 Jul 2011 5:04 am    

Who is coming to Thomasville? We always have a good time at a very nice place!
Peavey Session 400 Limited/Nashville 1000/Zoom RFX-2000/Peavey EQ-215 Equalizer/Nashville 112
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2011 5:45 am    

Looks like Anna and I are set to go. I have been practicing and I should do a lot better than last time. I do not want any one to walk in back of my Steel and gear so nothing gets broken like last time.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Ray Walker

Smithfield, NC, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2011 2:53 pm    

Well, Glen, guess it's the same ole thing for me.....Gotta play Friday night and Saturday night gigs up this way. Will be at the Ice House Friday night and down in Clinton Saturday night. One of these days I'm gonna get to come to a MASGA deal. Hope you guys have as much fun as you always do there.

Ray
Glen E. Lanning

Post  Posted 17 Jul 2011 6:30 pm    

Ray, I hope to see you sometime - either at the Ice House or Becky's Log Cabin. Keep us informed!
Glen E. Lanning

Post  Posted 19 Jul 2011 6:21 am    

The best motel is one block off Randolph St.

Quality Inn
7 Laura Ln. Thomasville, NC 27360

336-472-2310
Ray Thomas

Goldsboro North Carolina
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2011 2:27 pm     Thomasville

Glen, looking fwd to attending, have been there before, very nice place.
Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2011 4:32 pm     Steel buddy

Looking forward to seeing and hearing my steel buddies.
Jim Hartley

SC/TN
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2011 7:03 pm    

Hey friends,

I sure am looking forward to this one. I've got alot of family in NC, maybe I can get some of them to get off the golf course long enough to come hear some good music. I've been at the Kanapolis show several times, but this will be my first time in Thomasville. I've heard great things about the facility, and as hard as ER, Kevin, and all the others work to make everything just right, I know we're in for a big time.

Ray Walker, I was hoping to see you again, it's been way too long. Maybe next time.

See ya soon,
Jim
Kevin Robbins

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2011 3:06 pm     T'ville

Hi to all of you picking friends and listener supporters too!
We are really looking forward to the music and fellowship.

Ray Walker, sorry you're not able to be here.As for Glenn, Allen, Sam, Ray it will be great seeing all of you.

I'm told Delores Simmons will be there with shoes kicked off doing her thing. I saw her a few months ago and she did a great job.

The band alone will be worth coming out for. I can't wait!
Anybody else put there coming shoot us a note.

In the mean time.
Blessings to all,
Kevin

Smithfield, NC, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2011 3:50 pm    

Hey Jim,

Yep it's been way too long and a lot of water under the bridge since we saw each other. Hope you are doing well my friend. I hear all the folks complaining that there's no work for musicians so I feel very fortunate to have gigs lined up....but it does come with a price. I will think of you guys and hope I can get to the next one. Hey Kevin, hope this finds you doing well. Tell all the gang I said a great big howdy

Ray
Jim Thompson

Washington, Pa. USA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2011 9:10 am    

I'm in the same fix Ray, I have to play and can't get away. I sure enjoyed meeting the guys at Kannapolis and playing there. Hope I can make the next one. Y'all have fun now, ya hear.

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2011 10:44 am    

Hey Glen, I just talked to Kay and it looks like we'll be able to make this one as I'm not booked on Friday night that week. Is it OK to bring my Telecaster too?

Ray, sorry you won't be able to make it to this one, it'd be great to see you again and let you see how your great pack seat is holding up, I love it....JH in Va.

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2011 10:50 am    

I'll be there for sure, I just confirmed my reservation at the Quality Inn.....JH in Va.

Post  Posted 23 Jul 2011 11:55 am    

Jerry, It will be good to see & hear you again.
Jim, I was hoping to hear you again! Maybe you are not coming since I will be there!
Jim Thompson

Washington, Pa. USA
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2011 6:02 am    

You stood me up the last time, but I forgive you. Maybe the next one will be when I'm not working.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2011 5:47 pm    

Just a little over a week away. I have been practicing my butt off and I will keep practicing and hope I don't get nervous and mess up.Anna is helping me buy telling me to slow down and don't look at people when I'm playing and I should be OK.Maybe I should ware a blind fold. No that would be no good I won't be able to see were to move the bar to.Can't wait to see a lot of friends we have in MASGA
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2011 7:26 am    

Sam, it'll be good seeing you again. I think the last time was a few years ago in Wilson, NC....JH in Va.

Roanoke, Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2011 5:39 am    

I plan on attending. I look forward to seeing and hearing all my steeling buddies.

Jerry
Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2011 6:09 am     steel buddy

Be glad to see Jerry, my steel buddy!
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2011 2:59 pm    

Hey Jerry Flemming it will be nice to see and hear you play Steel Guitar again. Maybe you can show me how to play real smooth.Anna likes the way you play also.See Ya There.

Jerry Hayes It will be nice to see you again.It has been awhile since I seen you in Wilson .
Sam White
Glen E. Lanning

Post  Posted 1 Aug 2011 1:24 pm    

Boy, with the lineup that appears to be happening, I may not even set up. We are in for a good steelin' time. Come on out!
Glen E. Lanning

Post  Posted 1 Aug 2011 1:25 pm    

Boy, with the lineup that appears to be coming, I may not even set up. Come on out for some "steelin'" good time.
SORRY for the double post!
Glen E. Lanning

Post  Posted 2 Aug 2011 3:21 pm    

Here are the players we have so far confirmed:
Joe Turner, Arnette Mills, Mike Calloway, Bryan Adams, Delores Simmons
Jerry Fleming

Roanoke, Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2011 8:38 am    

Glen, what do I need to do to get on the list Smile

Looking forward to it.

Kind Regards,

Jerry