| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  I Quit Playing Today Until....Thanks Bobbe!
Zane King

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2011 5:57 pm    

Thank you Bobbe Seymour! You have done went and done it again. I seriously at times am one of those guys that walks by my steel guitar and thinks I should take a hammer to you today! Other days are not as dramatic and I just think about using wire cutters to cut off the strings and perhaps cut the pedal rods in half. To say I'm a tortured steel guitarist is putting it mildly to say the least. At any rate, I'm sure many of you have been there and know what I'm talking about.

Today was one of those days where I was discouraged until getting this notification from You Tube that Seymour has posted a comment....here it is...

This "Zane" is a VERY talented guy! He learned this pedal guitar in a matter of moments. There is no instrument he hasn't pretty well masterd!

This one is incredible! Bobbe Seymour

I do thank you Bobbe for always believing in me. However, if you had waited for another day to post this I would have been by to buy more strings and perhaps some pedal rods. Very Happy Very Happy I'm not even sure I own a hammer so we are safe there for now. HAHA!
Elton Smith

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2011 9:48 pm    

I was in Nashville a few weeks back and wanted to go see Bobbe but didn't get to meet him.I had a brand new table saw.I also build houses for a living.Bobbe ur the greatest.Elbo
Fender Telecaster
MSA S10 Classic
ShoBud
Old Peavy Amps
Ron Page

Penn Yan, NY USA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2011 6:29 am    

Great story, Zane. Bobbe has helped a good many players. Just don't let him near any of your tools. He's a proven danger to himself and should only touch guitar stings from here on in.
Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2011 7:51 am    

Cool story Zane. Bobbe's a pretty neat person but he's also a "ladies man" to the max! I sort of suspected it when we visited his shop a couple of times. He gave my wife a CD but has never given me anything......Hmmmmmmmmm!!! .....JH in Va.

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2011 8:51 am    

It's posts from guys like 'yall that make life worth living, and Zane, you are truly a child prodigy. Brilliant your whole life.
Zane Beck knew how to choose his friends, you are a true one to be sure. I still love your piano playing and producing as well as your steel guitar!

Bobbe Very Happy
Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2011 8:51 am    

It's posts from guys like 'yall that make life worth living, and Zane, you are truly a child prodigy. Brilliant your whole life.
Zane Beck knew how to choose his friends, you are a true one to be sure. I still love your piano playing and producing as well as your steel guitar!

Bobbe Very Happy
Bob Vantine

Freeville, New York, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2011 3:01 pm    

you can say that again ....... Whoa!

oh , wait ......... you did Exclamation Laughing
Peavey Guitars
Clete Ritta

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2011 10:44 pm    

Zane, I enjoy reading your threads and listening to your playing. You are obviously very passionate about PSG and music in general! Your innovative ideas and enthusiasm are refreshing. Continuing with the much larger picture of how the PSG came to be invented, modified and customized throughout all these years cant be easy. All my favorite artists are tortured artists anyhow.

I guess I need to thank Bobbe too. Im 48 and have been playing pedal steel about 5 years now. When I was looking for my first steel and a bit apprehensive, it was Bobbe's post on YouTube that convinced me that hey, "Anyone can play steel guitar!" and I went and got an inexpensive used Carter Starter. I had never even seen a pedal steel up close, and wasnt even aware of this forum at that time.

Bobbe didnt say "Anyone can play the steel guitar well", but a year and a lot of practice later, I discovered singlpilot's (Mickey Adams) lessons on YouTube. He mentioned this forum in one of the vids, and I soon became a member here, and also went and got a Mullen. I found this forum to be an incredible resource for anyone interested in playing PSG. Since then Ive acquired an amp, an extension cab, chip mods, a reverb pedal, a U12 and a D10, all from fellow forumites with no issues whatsoever.

Its folks like Bobbe, Zane, Mickey, and everyone collectively on the forum here that have inspired, and continue to inspire me to take up this instrument, so yes, thanks Bobbe, for getting me started, and for keeping Zane sane! Zane, please treat that Jackson like its your baby.

Clete
Zane King

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2011 6:09 pm    

Bobbe, thanks for posting that! Myself along with many others here love you man! You are one of the greatest inspirations to so many of us pedalers. I can't wait to see you in St. Louis this year!!!! That's going to be just awesome.

Clete - thanks so much for your post too! I appreciate you saying those things. Keep picking! I'm sure you are doing great.

Stay tuned,

ZK