| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Part and question for ShoBud from newbe
Dustin Farnum

Montana, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2011 10:17 am    

I have been playing Dobro. A friend had and old ShoBud 10 string, 3 pedals and one knee lever, in his barn. He let me have it. I set it up and tuned it and it plays. The pedals work, but the little T connection from the knee lever is missing. If anyone knows where I can purchase one, please let me know. Also there is noticeable noise at volume when connected to my Fender Deluxe??? I tuned it to the Standard E9 tuning and have been able to play a couple of simple tunes. I am excited to get it fixed up and learn to play it.

Bakersfield, California, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2011 10:58 am    

Hi Dustin, I'd get a hold of Forum member James Morehead to see what he's got in the way of parts. Email him Here
Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2011 4:29 pm    

Dusty Farnum from Alaska? Winking
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Mark van Allen

Watkinsville, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2011 8:12 pm    

Quote:
the little T connection from the knee lever

Sounds like it might be a Maverick... I think you might be able to find that part in a large hardware store.
Dustin Farnum

Montana, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2011 9:10 pm     Part and question for ShoBud from newbe

Yes, Dusty Farnum from Alaska, Hi Stu. Been in Montana for 4 years now. Love it here. I think the person who provided me with the Sho Bud, has the part, it is broken, but I am sure I can fix it or rig something up. Trying to figure out how to play something on it will give me something to do in my old age. Stu, I hope things are going well for you. Duster

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2011 12:51 pm    

Hi Dusty,Ihad astroke onMay21st.getting back to playing,things are starting to go to their right places?Going to plaay a wedding in Girdwood today,somethings never change ..DocSchultz passed a few days ago.Hopw you are well,Stu Winking
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Dustin Farnum

Montana, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2011 9:04 pm     Hi Stu

Good to here from you. I am sorry that you had a stroke, but I am glad that you are recovering well. I heard about Doc. I am sorry. I hope Kathie is alright. Lynn and I have been playing music. We are doing a Duo and also playing in a five piece string band. I am feeling good. Lynn had some intestinal problems we went to Mayo Clinic and she is doing much better. I have been paying dobro for about a year and just ran across the old Sho-Bud. I am starting to pull a few decent sounds out of it. Let's stay in touch. I am on "Facebook" Dusty