| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  As if; Susan Alcorn writes that she has musical flaws
Sherman Willden

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2011 7:09 am    

Good one, Susan. I laughed at that statement. Thank you for all you perform as it is great. See the text on this web page.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvtVs47AHp0&feature=related
Dave Grafe

Hudson River Valley NY
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2011 9:08 am    

It's a real bitch being mortal,eh?
David Mason

Cambridge, MD, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2011 10:33 am    

She sounds great, it's those pedal rods that sound mortal... Laughing She forgot to crank her amp up loud enough to make all opposition futile. Alien
Susan Alcorn

Baltimore, MD, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2011 6:26 pm    

Sherman - wow, thank you so much. And Dave and David Mason (though my pedal rods would say that they were just trying to get into the act along with the passing garbage truck), I really appreciate the kind sentiments.

However . . . the truth is that I have many musical flaws (as my vocal detractors continue to remind me). I think the reason I wrote that in the video explanation was that my rendition of Adios Nonino was far from perfect. There were a few notes where the intonation was off, and there were some chords where some of the voices were incorrect. I feel funny hanging my dirty musical laundry in public, but at around the 3:00 when I was about to start the improvisation, I totally spaced out on where I was, and tried desperately to recover some fragment of melody and musicality. These are mistakes that, I thought, someone familiar with Piazzolla and his most well-known song would have noticed. Sometimes I wonder about myself when that sort of thing occurs.

I'm glad that you liked the song, and I'm honored and humbled by what you wrote (if only it were true).

Thanks again,
Susan

"So this is how you swim inward. So this is how you flow outwards. So this is how you pray."
- Mary Oliver
chas smith R.I.P.

Encino, CA, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2011 9:05 am    

Quote:
I totally spaced out on where I was, and tried desperately to recover some fragment of melody and musicality....Sometimes I wonder about myself when that sort of thing occurs.

The never-ending existential dilemma....