| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Jake Hooker - Faded Lights = wow
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2006 12:03 pm    

Jake's new album, produced by Jim Loessberg and with steel by Dicky Overbey, was received by me two days ago. It has not left the CD player since that time.

Jim's best production to date, and Jake sings incredibly. Think Johnny Bush in 1970... that's Jake Hooker today.

Wow!! He's my friend, too!!

Y'all will NOT BE DISAPPOINTED in this CD. You owe it to yourselves to get it.

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

Ron Page

Penn Yan, NY USA
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2006 12:12 pm    

Right you are, Herb. You can't listen to Jake and not be remided of Johnny Bush. Although Eddie Rabbitt penned and had the hit on "Drinking My Baby Right Out of My Mind", I remember Johnny's version... and I see Jake did too. And Green Snakes is verbatim from Johnny's original hit. Great music!

It's my 2nd Jake Hooker CD and certainly won't be the last. The last thing I did before leaving the house this morning was to grab that CD out of my player at home.

I appreciate the quick delivery but they need to better protect the jewel case. Mine was slightly cracked in a couple of places. That I can replace, but I suspect with a little more effort the USPS can crack the CD too.

------------------
HagFan

[This message was edited by Ron Page on 05 July 2006 at 01:14 PM.]

Janice Brooks

Pleasant Gap Pa
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2006 2:22 pm    

These guys are kickin. Love that intro on Imagination.
Jim Loessberg

Austin, Texas U.S.A
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2006 11:03 pm    

Herbster,

Thank you for the nice comments about Jake's record. I was honored to produce it and we had a ball making it. We are really lucky down here to have such talented musicians and singers.

Ron,

I am sorry the jewel case got cracked. I'll be happy to replace it. I always have the post office stamp those envelopes "Fragile" but I guess sometimes that doesn't help.

Janice,

Thanks for the nice compliment on the "Imagination" intro. It's one of my favorite parts of the album too.

I appreciate all of your support of traditional Country music!

Best,

Jim
Mark Metdker

North Central Texas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2006 5:00 am    

I just received my copy of Jake's new CD. It is GREAT! If you haven't ordered your copy yet, do so today.

There is a great lick in "Drinking My Baby Right Off of my Mind" that just blows me away. I'm assuning that was the greatness of Mr. Oberby.

------------------
Zum U-12 w/True Tone pickup thru a Nashville 112
Strats thru a VHT Super 30
http://community.webshots.com/album/176544894AuXSmi
jonchristopherdavis.com

www.lonestarattitude.net

Larry Hamilton

Amarillo,Tx
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2006 6:16 am    

Yep Jim, You did it again, another masterpiece. Received my copy a couple days ago and have been playing over and over. Jake is a great singer and the line up of musicians is hard to beat. Keep them coming my friend.

------------------
Keep pickin', Larry
Ron Page

Penn Yan, NY USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2006 7:30 am    

Jim,

Don't worry about my case. The damage is cosmetic. Besides, I'm sure I have some spares. I just wouldn't want someone to get a busted disc.

It's great to see the songwriting and musician credits handily displayed on the back liner. I love Jake's earlier CD titled "You Had a Call", but I can only guess as to who wrote/recorded some of those great songs. In some cases, Jake's cuts were the first time I'd heard the songs.

What a singer. Johnny Bush has to be proud of his obvious influence when he hears Jake sing.

It was also great to have the PayPal option of payment available.

------------------
HagFan

Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2006 9:10 pm    

Jake is one of the best vocalists out there. Not a bad acoustic bass player. Jody.
Mike Gross

Manchester, Connecticut, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2006 3:04 pm    

I have written a detailed review of Jake's wonderful new CD and it can be found on the top of the review section of my "Swingin' West" web site. www.swinginwest.com

------------------
Mike
Danny Letz

Old Glory,Texas, USA 79540
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2006 5:38 pm    

Great Cd, and if you get a chance, get the recorded live Cd's. These things are great. One song after another just like at Jakes dances. You can take these things in to a DJ dance where people are standing around and have them dancing immediately. Jake, Dicky, and Anthony all on frettless instruments and all in perfect pitch. Add Smiley or maybe Loesburg on drums and you've got perfection. I went up one night and ask Jake if he knew a couple of particular songs, and he said "Hell yah, all of them." I believe he really does know every good honkey tonk song ever written.
Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2006 5:46 pm    

This is the kind of music we need to hear on Country Music Radio Stations. The stuff I am hearing on Country Music Radio Stations is not even close to being Country. I don't hear any steel guitar, only distorted standard guitars. Jake Hooker plays REAL country music that features pedal steel guitar. We love you Jake!
Randall Palmore

Albany,TX USA 76430
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2006 2:09 pm    

WOW is right! I can't seem to get the tune, Faded Lights out of my mind. I purchased my copy direct from the great Jim Loessberg(who I believe is one of the best overall musicians out there and on my list of top 10 Texas steel players)Kudos to Jake and all concerned! All My Best Randall
Jeff Bradshaw

Leslieville, Alberta - Canada
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2006 4:13 pm    

I just received my copy of Jake's album a week ago and it is indeed fantastic country music...great steelin'...great singin'...great drummin'...great songs...heck the whole thing is great. With the same order, I received a copy of "Walkin' on New Grass" by Curtis Potter which was also produced by Jim Loessberg, this album is also fantastic...Jim plays absolutely superb steel guitar on this CD and it is not to be missed. Thanks. ..jeff