| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Keith Hilton's products info???
Chuck Snider R.I.P.

West Virginia, USA - Morgantown, WV
Post  Posted 22 May 2011 8:37 pm    

Could someone please describe the Keith Hilton products named "Hil-Tone" and the "Digital Sustain". WHat do they add to the sound? Can they be used with a Hilton volume pedal, or does the Hilton volume pedal do some of that already? Is using one or both of these with the Hilton pedal redundant? Can both of those be used together? What might that sound like?

-Chuck
GFI U-12 Ultra Keyless, Carter Black U-12, both with Alumitones, and a sweet '70 Sho-Bud Permanent D-10, NV400 in Rick Johnson cabs, NV112, '73 Vibrosonic in Rick Johnson cabs, Hilton pedal, Steeler's Choice seat, Bessdang Gizmos from Dale Hansen, and a few other widgets and doodads.
I may not sound good, I just don't wanna sound bad.
Chuck Snider R.I.P.

Post  Posted 25 May 2011 7:32 am    

By the way, I have looked on the Hilton website, but there do not seem to be any descriptions for the stuff.

-Chuck
GFI U-12 Ultra Keyless, Carter Black U-12, both with Alumitones, and a sweet '70 Sho-Bud Permanent D-10, NV400 in Rick Johnson cabs, NV112, '73 Vibrosonic in Rick Johnson cabs, Hilton pedal, Steeler's Choice seat, Bessdang Gizmos from Dale Hansen, and a few other widgets and doodads.
Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 25 May 2011 10:13 am    

Chuck, thanks for using my pedal. To answer your questions: The Hil-Tone is a fuzz box similar to the old Boss Tone units. If you don't know what that means, it means that it makes a guitar sound like a buzz saw hitting a rusty nail. Or--if you know how--it can produce a cello, or violin effect. The Digital Sustain is already in your Hilton pedal as the first stage on the circuit board--so it would be redundant to use a Digital Sustain with a Hilton pedal. The Digital Sustain was designed to be used with an old pot pedal. It is a pre-amp that helps your pickup work better and overcomes capacitance in an old pot pedal. Hope this information helps.
Chuck Snider R.I.P.

Post  Posted 25 May 2011 11:18 am    

Hi Keith, thank you very much for that response, very helpful! I love your volume pedal!!!

-Chuck