| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  http://www.pedalsteelguitars.org/ Any info on this site?
John Russell

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2011 5:59 pm    

I've come across this site that offers lots of pretty nice instruments for sale. When I find one I'd like more info on I click on a large yellow button labeled More Information which opens a new browser window at the Guitar Center site for "steel guitar" related items. There is no reference or link to the instrument I'm interested in but items like strings, instruction manuals and a few lap steels. Anyone know who runs this site? Is it like EBay where you bid on an item? There's another link titled "About" which opens a blog type format where you type in a message and your email. I've filled out this a couple of times and gotten no response. What's up? --John
Steve Whetstone

Burnt Prairie, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2011 11:43 am    

John,

Sites like this are set up by John and Jane Doe or others like you and me. They offer a little information about an item of intrest (steel guitars, instruction, books, DVDs, ect) and then have a click through tab for more information. This tab will take you to a retail web site that offers the product or a similar product for sale. If you make a purchase, the web site you clicked through to get to the retailer will receive a small commission on the sale. There are a lot of sites like this. They are farely safe and offer John Doe a way to make a few dollars (if there a lot of click throughs) and give the retailer additional traffic.

Steve
John Russell

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2011 12:28 pm    

So it's just a teaser for something other than what's advertised? So far the link has nothing to do with the item depicted. Talk about bait and switch!