| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Deep South Steel Guitars & Friends
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 15 May 2006 4:01 am    

June 3 is coming UP, and so is DSSGA! Watch this slot for more information. "Storms Never Last" will be our theme for this show. And we will be giving a rousing welcome back to our dear friend and great player, Royce Tarver, recovering from a major heart surgery. More info later.
Bill Stafford
Tom Harris

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 15 May 2006 5:03 am    

Sounds good Bill,,I saw Royce friday night,,he said he felt better than he ever has,he lost a lot of weight,and he looks good,,and his playing is second to none,,lookin fwd to June 3rd......
Tom Haris
Buck Grantham R.I.P.

Denham Springs, LA. USA
Post  Posted 15 May 2006 6:36 am    

That's great Bill!!!! Let's do it up big. Sure glad to hear that Royce is doing good. Buck & Mitzi
J PARKER

Meridian Miss
Post  Posted 15 May 2006 12:42 pm    

Well hello guys and im sure glad Royce is doing ok and ill be looking forward to seeing everyone there at the show. I sure hope Bill gets a saddle for that durn horse if ive got to ride it this time before i get there. Jim
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 15 May 2006 2:21 pm    

WOW again! Thanks so much guys. Let me know if there is a special time frame you must have. The schedule is beginning to take shape and I want to ensure that you can meet your commitments and be able to honor us all with your presence and talents. You are most appreciated.
Looks as if the greatest Bob Saxton will be here this time too. Will know more about that later this week. He has been all over the world with his guitar since we last enjoyed his presence and playing on our show and he is making special efforts to be here to play with us again. One busy guitar picker.
Bill Stafford.
Lana Rosselli

St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 15 May 2006 4:46 pm    

Boy am I glad to see this post! It's always a great show in Gulfport. Come on down, or over and enjoy the day. Great people, awesome food, and spectacular music. Once you attend a DSSGA show, you'll be addicted I'm sure!

Miss Lana
Danny Harrell

Livingston, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2006 5:33 am    

Man, already looking like a great line up. My teacher and friend Royce Tarver, Bill Stafford,Buck Grantham, and all the other great players of the DSSGA will make this one of the best. I am coming just to watch and learn from some of these great players. Hope to see my friends R.J. Buras, Bert Courrege, Billy Carr, and Jim Parker there as well. Looks like a great day of fun and fellowship. See yall there!
Roy Rosetta

Nederland, Texas.. On the Texas Gulf Coast
Post  Posted 16 May 2006 12:11 pm    

Hey Bill, sounds like a great show.
How is the hotel/motel situation in Gulfport ??? Is there availability without it being on a day to day basis ??
....Roy

------------------
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2006 12:26 pm    

Danny, you are going to do more than listen as Bob Saxton just called me with the good news that he wants to be sure and be on your program. Bob Saxton gives us all something to look forward to with his great talent and wonderful friendship.
J.R. Jones, DSSGA member, singer, songwriter, has two great new songs just recorded about the events going on in our world. Both events hit close to our homes-"She's A Soldier" and "Damn You, Katrina". John Heinrich engineered and arranged the session at Gene Breeden's studio. Both are destined for some special attention. A video is currently being made of "She's A Soldier".
And wait untill you hear the steel, dobro,and harmonica that John Heinrich put on these songs. His touch is the best. J.R. will debut these songs on our show on the 3rd. I have heard both of these songs and could only just sit there and silently be touched to tears from both of them. J.R. Jones is another singer/songwriter on his way to the good, and big, times. DSSGA is so proud of this association with him and all our friends.
Motel situation is openeing up here on the coast. I will submit a few phone numbers in my next posting. Thanks to all for this wonderful support.
Bill Stafford
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2006 12:41 pm    

Roy, just sent you email with a few phone numbers.
The Holiday Inn on hiway 49, I-10 Gulfport exit ,is taking reservations now. Phone them at 228 868 8200. The Imperial Palace at the Biloxi exit is also taking reservations. Their no. is 228 436 3000.
I have seen the sign at the Best Western, Gulfport exit (Seaway Inn) that they are also taking reservations. Will get that no. for you all later today.
Bill Stafford
Andy Jones

Mississippi
Post  Posted 16 May 2006 2:25 pm    

Danny Harrell,coming to the show"just to watch and learn"will not do!You better be hunkered over that Emmons ready to play.Some are meant to watch and some are meant play.I'm coming to watch and learn from you!
Jack Griffith

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2006 3:35 pm    

HEY ANDY I KNOW YOU HAVE THE STEEL FEVER ARE YOU GOING TO GO DOWN IF SO LET ME KNOW ARE YOU GONNA GO DOWN TO WATCH OR PICK ????

------------------
Jack Griffith

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 17 May 2006 3:59 am    

HOPE JIM PARKER AND BILLY CARR IS GOING TO BE THERE TO PRESENT THEIR YEARS OF FINE SKILL AND PRACTICE CANT WAIT TO HEAR THOSE STRINGS SING

------------------
Howard Tate

Leesville, Louisiana, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 17 May 2006 6:01 am    

Dog gone it, I've been waiting so long for this one, and it turns out I'll be playing at the Sugar Shack in Leesville that day. Sure hate to miss another one, Bill and Miss Betty and Ben and every one does such a great job putting it together. Always a good show, and wonderful people there.

------------------
Howard
Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 17 May 2006 10:24 am    

Thanks Jack. I may try to drop in for a little while Saturday afternoon.
J PARKER

Meridian Miss
Post  Posted 17 May 2006 6:09 pm    

Hey thanks guys for the kind words and i will be at the show there in june. I am looking forward to hearing some great steel playing that day and getting to once again to meet and make some new friends and see some old ones as well.Wow what a show this in turning out to be. If anyone up my way needs a ride email me and i will see what i can do.Jim
Pookie Anselmi

Galliano, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 18 May 2006 10:22 am    

Hey Bill, is this going to be at the same place? American Legion hall on Dedeaux Rd.?

Thanks
Lana Rosselli

St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2006 8:52 am    

TTT

Miss Lana
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2006 5:34 pm    

Pookie, same place but it is the VFW Hall. Loking forward to seeing you too. (I am a little late getting more hotel phone numbers posted here-just got back from a session in Nashville). I want to visit the motels close by for some first hand information that is reliable and will do that tomorrow.
Thanks again to all for this wonderful support.
Ms Lana is still the best MSSGA ever!!! Support her show and efforts guys and gals -as she plays all the music for all of us.
Bill Stafford
Lana Rosselli

St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2006 7:34 pm    

Thank you Mr. Smooth! Let me know about that hotel information as soon as you can. You know it will be VERY hard for me to stay away from THE SOUTH! And those special PBJs! Sorry RJ, I got my order in first.

Mr. Parker - you gonna have your CD ready for this show?

See you in Gulfport!

Miss Lana
J PARKER

Meridian Miss
Post  Posted 21 May 2006 12:37 pm    

Now Ms. Lana you are just to nice to everyone on here. Sorry but i dont have a CD out yet of any kind but i have decided that i will play the show there. Hope you get to come cause i know there will be some good playing there that day.Looking forward to all of you and ill be playing a tribute to Hal Rugg on my part of the show there. Jim
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2006 2:33 pm    

Gets better every day folks. Good news in that Joe Wright will be in town and he will grace us with his wonderful talents. Surprises never stop as Sera will have a slot on the program. She and Joe will excite all of us one more time.
Plus, hopefully, I will be able to announce two more big time, really, really big, players will be here. And add MSSGA MS Lana to the list and nothing is better than that.
Buck Grantham and Mitzi, previously added to this list and all here on the Katrina devastated coast line will be a little bit happier this day.
Thanks again.
Bill Stafford
Jim Walker

Headland, AL
Post  Posted 21 May 2006 6:24 pm    

How about some directions, from I 10? I might be able to make it.... I have heard lots of good things about this show, would like to experience it for my self!

------------------
Clark Custom D10 8&5
Fender Steel King
B-bender Telecaster
Line 6 Flextone II Plus
www.jimwalkeronline.com

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2006 2:24 am    

Hi Jim, glad you will be here. Thanks so much. Take the Gulfport exit north (towards Hattiesburg), turn right at the third red light on hiway 49 onto Dedeaux Rd. The VFW building will be on your left. Less than a quarter mile from hiway 49. Big blue building. Very easy to locate. We will start at high noon.
Just heard from "Big" Will Stewart and he will be on the progrram. Not one steel player in this world has this man's perserverance and love for the steel guitar. His playing matches his desires too. If Will was the only one anyone heard play, they would leave very happy. We are so proud of him and the time and music he gives to us.
More to come on the additional players.
Bill Stafford
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 22 May 2006 6:36 am    

Bill and the rest of the gang; Sure sounds likee it's gonna be a great show.....sure is a nice lineup so far.....but I have a previous comitment in Hughes Springs, TX with "Philadelpheia", so I'll not be able to attend this one.....tell all hello for me on that day, please.....and have a great time.......HMMM......I'm curious as to who the surprise steelers are gonna be....guess I'll have to find out at a later post..HAL

------------------
Be Blessed........HAL
'03 Carter D-10,(8 & 5) 95 Carter 9 & 7 Hilton Vol. Pedal, BJS Birthstone bar, 2 Racks w/Evans Pre-amps, Lexicon MPX500 & MPX550; (1) Nashville 400, (1) Webb 6-14 E Amp(2)1501-4 BW's in custom built cabs by T.A. Gibson, & Sound Tech PL802 Digital Power Amp; Steelers Choice seat with back rest and side-kick. Walker Seat w/o Backrest
Hal Higgins....Be blessed and "Keep Steelin'.....