| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Saluda Great Show
Ernest Cawby

Lake City, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 May 2006 6:21 pm    

We just got home only 12 hours to go 400 miles, the girls wanted to take the Look at everything on the way home, and stop at all the u know what, and cracker barrels,s,s,s
They had great fun and ready to go again.
Already talking about Hollinville. Traveling with 3 women you just sit and listen. They love country music, with more like them and every show would be full house. Rest up and get ready for the next show. Wayne and Johnny I will play those 2 songs on next show. Be ready.

ernie

[This message was edited by Ernest Cawby on 23 May 2006 at 06:03 AM.]

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 23 May 2006 6:55 pm    

What a great show! We had so many great players. The show was the third show I played this year. Brett, Emmons S-10, Morrell lapsteel, GFI Ultra D-10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Larry Moore

Hampton, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 23 May 2006 7:27 pm    

You are right on Brett,
Good afternoon of good players, it was good to see Herbie out again.
Brett you did a killer job on "Statue of a Fool"
See you in Hollonville my friend,
Larry
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 23 May 2006 8:12 pm    

Larry, I can't make it to the June show because I'll be in Columbia, SC, because my cousin's getting married, but I will be at the Hollonville show in December and the August and November Saluda shows. Brett, Emmons S-10, Morrell lapsteel, GFI Ultra D-10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 24 May 2006 4:46 am    

Guys, you all did a SUPER job, making this one of the best Saluda shows I've been blessed enough to have been part of! Sorry I had to leave early---I heard Brett warming up, and I knew he was gonna knock everybody's socks off singing "Statue of a Fool!" Even Rob Parker's red socks .
Doug was on top of his game, and we look forward to seing everybody in August!

[This message was edited by Stephen Gambrell on 24 May 2006 at 06:37 AM.]

Ernest Cawby

Lake City, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 27 May 2006 3:52 pm    

If I heard it right Bret is singing at the wedding, go for it partner, I know you will knock them out, great singing.

your pal
ernie
Donna Dodd

Acworth, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2006 4:46 pm    

Ernie - It was great seeing you and your "GIRLS" again. All that hard work you're doing 7 days a week is starting to make you look younger. You really should act your age, you know!! I enjoyed visiting with Nan and Linda!!! Two great ladies!

Yes, it was an awesome show - as always. It's like visiting the old homeplace, seeing cousin Steve and the gang. Steve, once you get good directions to Hollonville, bring the whole gang with you to the Georgia Peach Jam.

It was good to see Herby after the big scare he gave us all. We're still praying for you, Herby!

Brett and I talk on the phone a good bit, and I can tell you he is NOT shy when it comes to singing. Last Thursday I was talking to him on my car phone driving home from work, and I asked him if he knew any Brooks and Dunn. He sand every single word to Workin on my Next Broken Heart. The guy has great twang!!!

Thanks again to the Saluda gang for a wonderful show and the best hamburger and french fries I've ever had!!!

Donna

------------------
Donna Dodd
Secretary, Georgia Steel Guitar Association
www.GeorgiaSteelGuitar.com

[This message was edited by Donna Dodd on 27 May 2006 at 05:49 PM.]

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 27 May 2006 8:08 pm    

Thank you for the comments, Donna. Yeah, the Saluda show was wonderful! I still wish I could be in Hollonville with y'all in June, but I'll be in Columbia, SC after my cousin gets married. So, I'll definitely be in Hollonville in December. Brett, Emmons S-10, Morrell lapsteel, GFI Ultra D-10