| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel Jam in Meridian MS
J PARKER

Meridian Miss
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2006 6:12 pm    

We will be having a fun free steel jam in Meridian Ms saturday the 22nd of april.
We will start at 10 30 am and go to whenever and all is invited from beginners to advanced and bring your steel and CD music tracks and lawn chairs and people lets have some fun. For more info call Jimmy at
601 626 8960 or 601 938 3478
Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2006 11:55 pm    

Is this inside or outside. I may drop in on you Saturday afternoon before I have to leave to go Jackson to play at 9:00 pm. Hey JP, did you ever get the red Rains guitar?
Andy Jones

Mississippi
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2006 4:02 pm    

Hey Jim,I'll be there for sure.Did you find a drummer? Billy Carr,If you show up,I'll pay for your gas,wash your car,and buy you dinner.I badly need a steel fix!Bring some strings if you come.Hope to see you soon so I can learn something.
J PARKER

Meridian Miss
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2006 6:10 pm    

Yes Billy it will be inside and call the numbers that i listed and they can give you the directions and all.This will be a jam and learning session for all who comes. Andy bring that steel and we will see what you need JIM
Lana Rosselli

St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2006 7:47 pm    

Now Jim, there you go planning a jam when I I'm gonna be at another. Next thing you're gonna tell me is that you've finally made a CD but it will only be available at this event.

Ya'll have fun and maybe I can join you on the next one.

Miss Lana
Derrell Stephens

Shreveport, La. USA
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2006 11:08 am    

Go gettem Jim ... I was at the first one you had in 1977. Best wishes
D
Andy Jones

Mississippi
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2006 11:10 am    

Jim,there's nothing wrong with my guitar.I just can't put what's in my head into the steel.I need to hear the real pickers to get my steel fix.I'll probably settle for singing,but I really want to play.As b0b says,everyone sings,but I want to play!
Tyler Hall

Mt. Juliet, TN
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2006 2:19 pm    

Jim, I'd love to make it, but I finally got me a job playing on Saturday night. I wish I could come, but we start at 8:00. I'll be thinking about you though...
------------------
"The Kid"
8&7 Fessenden, Nashville 112, Session 500, BJS, Goodrich LDR
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2006 3:25 pm    

Hi Jim, glad to see you guys warming up there in Meridian. I will do my best to drop in for a visit up North. Will let you know later this week if I can make it or not. Hope you have a great time...
Bill Stafford
Tom Harris

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2006 4:45 am    

Jim,,sounds good,Meridian is my old stompin grounds,is Leroy White still around?,,He use to play at the "Evmar Club",hopin to be there,and if Mr. Billy Carr is gonna be there,i sho nuff wanna be there lol,use to be a lot of good musicians in Meridian..I remember when "Danny and the Dudes" was hot..
Lookin fwd to it..
Tom Harris
J PARKER

Meridian Miss
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2006 4:21 pm    

Hey guys thanks for all the interst and all and i am in georgia but will be there for the show. MS LANA well hopefully it wont be long off before i do that and youll be the first to know about it.Looking forward to seeing everyone. Jim
Roland Buras

Kiln, MS, 45 miles east of New Orleans off I-10 USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2006 5:54 pm    

Hi Jim, i will be in Laurel this weekend, i will try to drive up and be with you this saturday. Billy Stafford told me today about the jam.

Jim the best way to get Miss Lana down is to have miss Dot Furgeson make some of those peanut butter swirled together with some jelly sandwiches,, man works every time.
Got my attention about 45 years ago.. wow has it been that long..

Your friend;

R J Buras
J PARKER

Meridian Miss
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2006 4:42 pm    

Hey RJ hope that you get to come and hey thanks guys for all of the interests so far and the directions is posted here so all will no how to find it.Make sure you bring your music tracks to steel by and looking forward to seeing everyone there. JIM
Roy Ayres

Riverview, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2006 5:45 pm    

Hey, you Mississippi guys and gals,

I spent about a year playing in Meridian with Red Stanton on radio station WCOC back in about 1945. To the best of my recollection, there were only three steel players around that area when I was there: Dr. Hugh Jeffreys, Barney Y. Miller and me.

Sure wish I could make your jam. And if any of you haven't heard my buddy, Bill Stafford, play steel -- then you're in for a great treat if he can be there. Jerry Byrd said that if he played pedals, he would want to sound just like Bill. Jerry insisted that Bill receive the coveted Jerry Byrd Lifetime Achievement Award a few years ago.

If you can locate Hershel (Pap) Williams, ask him to play bass for your jam. He was in Stanton's band when I was there and is a top notch bassist.

------------------

Visit my Web Site at RoysFootprints.com
Browse my Photo Album and be sure to sign my Guest Book.

Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2006 8:51 am    

Hello Mr. Roy,
Good to hear from you here in Mississippi. Met you at one of the Gulfport shows the last time you were here. Yes sir, your right about Bill Stafford. He's the man for the Jerry Byrd stuff and anything else. Bill's done an excellent job with the coast steel jams. He's also got some fine help down there with Ben O'Dell and others. Don't know if I'll be able to make the Meridian show or not. My steel guitar shop I opened last month is really keeping me busy. Take care Roy, we'll see you somewhere down the road.
J PARKER

Meridian Miss
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2006 11:35 am    

Hey Mr. Roy sorry you cant make the show but im looking to see you again at the gulfport show sometimes real soon. You said it right about Bill Stafford mr smooth a great player and nice person.I will also tell pap williams you said a big hello to him and i will be looking forward to seeing everyone that is able to attend the jam saturday.
Andy Jones posted the directions to it on the post here. Jim
Ernest Cawby

Lake City, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2006 6:58 pm    

Roy we sure miss you here in Fl. remember the Connie smith song,"Darlin are you ever comming home" just to let you know you are missed. your friend

ernie
Roy Ayres

Riverview, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2006 1:45 pm    

Ernie:
We will be back in Florida in October. Say "Hi" to all for us.

J Parker:
Be sure to say "Hello" to Pap for me. He's a real nice guy and one of my old buddies.

------------------

Visit my Web Site at RoysFootprints.com
Browse my Photo Album and be sure to sign my Guest Book.

J PARKER

Meridian Miss
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2006 5:05 pm    

Sorry folks for the late post but we sure did have a great time at the meridian jam and thanks to all that came and played and gave there support. Looking forward to seeing everyone soon. Jim
Lana Rosselli

St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2006 9:13 pm    

Jim

Glad you had a great time. When you get ahold of Dot ask her to use wheat bread on those PBJ's and I'll be there for sure!!

Seriously though, let me know when you start thinking about your next jam so I can put it on my radar. I'd love to hear you play again. SWEET!

Take care

Miss Lana
Dr. Hugh Jeffreys

Southaven, MS, USA
Post  Posted 29 Apr 2006 7:05 am    

If you'd like some air publicity, call my good friend, Carl Fitzgerald at WYSL, Meridian; he is on 4 hr in the mornings; he is really a steel lover (plays tracks from my album frequently)--a real nice guy, and he'll do it free.-----j-----
Jack Griffith

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 4 May 2006 7:00 pm    

Will you have another show in Meridian MS
J PARKER

Meridian Miss
Post  Posted 6 May 2006 6:23 pm    

We will be having another jam in the near future and will make a post on it.Thanks once again for all the response to everyone.
Jim