| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hilton Pedal
Alexander Rehfeld

Aberdeen, Scotland
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2011 7:32 am    

Can somebody tell me a technical difference between these two Hilton Pedals (an older model and the lastest Hilton Low Profile)?

Thanks
Alexander

Storm Rosson

Silver City, NM. USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2011 8:51 am    

Smile Keith rebuilt my hilton l/p bout a year ago and it seems I remember him sayin the newer pedals use a 24v power supply and upgraded components.Maybe Keith will see this post......Stormy.. Mr. Green
Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2011 1:46 pm    

The circuit is the same in both pedals. The circuit--the thing that makes the sound----, has not changed since I started building pedals 15 years ago. Both these pedals run from a 24 volt power supplies. The difference is one power supply is attached, and the other power supply plugs in. One pedal is made by casting metal, and the other pedal is cut out and bent by a lasier and CNC bending machine. Each pedal will operate and sound the same way. The taper, or the way the pedal comes on is the same in both pedals. Hope this information helps.
Alexander Rehfeld

Aberdeen, Scotland
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2011 2:32 pm    

Perfect, Keith thanks for your reply!
Storm Rosson

Silver City, NM. USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2011 4:38 pm    

Very Happy Just a little plug for Keith, as before stated he completely rebuilt and tuned my pedal and sent me a new power supply for a mere pittance of 60$ and that includes s/h....this was part of my reason for favorite/best vol ped thread was my Hilton...great pedal made by a great guy....Stormy Winking
Larry Bressington

Nebraska
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2011 11:26 am    

Keith, i heard that you did a power supply that wasen't a wart, and the transformer was further down the line, is this true? Thanks.
p;s, Iv'e had your pedal for about 5 years, bulletproof and beautiful, never had to open er up, been to hell and back in all conditions and climates, including rodeo dust and mud,might be buying a new one and retiring this one home, for no good reason, other that i don't like the pot pedal at home. weldone!

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2011 1:36 pm    

Larry, thanks for the kind words. I used the attached Motorola power supply from 1996 until January of 2008. In January of 2008 I started using a Phihong switching power supply that can be plugged in and unplugged. The sound part-circuit- of the pedal has never changed, only the power supply. The main differences in the power supply is the following: The new one can be unplugged. The new one is lighter. The new one will work on any voltage in the world, and can be plugged into the wall anywhere in the world. There are thousands of pedals out in use with the old power supply still working. I personally have one with the old power supply I use when I play out. Hope this information helps.