| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Thanking everyone again
Bobby D. Reed

Hendersonville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2006 3:50 am    

I want to thank all who help makE the Benton, Il show so great this year. First the players, Ron Elliott, Don Helms, Russ and Laney Hicks, Randy Beavers, Joe Wright, Lynn Owsley, Dob Curtis and all the local players who even gave up gigs to come and perform for us. I want to give special thanks to the backup band, Earl Erb, Rick Boyer and Rick Vanaugh. What a great bunch of guys who are three of the very best.
Special thanks also to all the staff of Southern Ill Productions who puts on this show.Don Lampley and wife Shelia along with Joe Arview and daughter Shelia went far beyond the call of duty and I am extremely grateful. Thanks to all the fans who attended and the local bands who performed.
S.I. Productions is a non profit corp set up to promote the steel guitar in the southern Il area as well as other musicial functions. There is not one penny paid to any of the officers or staff. We do it for the LOVE OF THE STEEL GUITAR! hOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT YEAR IN bENTON....Bobby Reed ..president
Gene Piper

Olney, Illinois
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2006 6:32 am    

Bobby, Thank you for all the hard work you have done bringing us this great venue of steel players and thanks for the inclusion of local steel players, all were good players some were real good. I enjoyed your lead guitar and steel playing, but didn't hear you sing. I wondered if you have rested yet? It seems to me you were constantly attending to things with no down time at all, my hats off to you.

Gene Piper

------------------
Earl Erb

Old Hickory Tenn
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2006 9:25 am    

Bobby, thanks so much for letting me perform.Everyone made me feel like family so the only pressure I felt was my own. I really had a blast. I want to thank Don Lampley for making me sound good and my friend Rob Parker for the kind words. Rob, your check is in the mail.
Don Lampley

Thompsonville, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2006 5:29 am    

Earl Erb is a great guitar player and can play at our show any time he wants and talk about a nice person none better making him sound good was easy work he did it all along with Rick and Rick drums and bass what a combination. This years show I thought was the best thanks to Bobby for letting me have a part with putting it on looking forward to next year.

------------------
www.southernilproductions.com

Dan Dowd

Paducah, KY, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2006 6:53 am    

Thanks Bobby for having me on the show. My long time friend from Florida Happy Mann enjoyed getting up there with us and it was his first steel show he ever attended. Also Harold Daniels who plays Bass and sang along with Hap on our portion enjoyed it also. Thanks Bobby for your great guitar playing with us.

I bought a CD from Tresa Street at the show and was listening to the cut When He Leaves You and saw that your son Mike Reed helped write it. Great song and great lyrics.

As usual there was a great line up of players. Ron Elliott playing for the veterans was extra special. Russ and Laney, Randy Beavers, Don Curtis, Lynn Owsley and Joe Wright as well as all the pickers did an exceptional job. Don Helms and Chris (who I think will be a super star)were fantastic. This is fast becoming one of the great shows in this part of the country thanks to you, Don and Shelia Lampley and all the folks that help.

[This message was edited by Dan Dowd on 27 April 2006 at 07:57 AM.]

[This message was edited by Dan Dowd on 27 April 2006 at 07:59 AM.]