| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dallas 2011
Mike Mantey

Eastern Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2011 8:06 am    

Well with the phoenix show all wrapped up, looks like Dallas is what we have to look forward to. I can't wait. I wanted to go to Phoenix, but could not pull myself away from production, but Dallas, thats a different story. Can not wait.

Mullen will be there with their normal room location and we are supposed to have our new economy model there.

How come Dallas does not get a Forum Section? It is a great show, put on by some great people. I know every show around the country probably is, but Dallas and St. Louis seem to be the big shows that get Worldwide attention. MAKE YOURS PLANS NOW!!!

THE NEW HOTEL IS GREAT AS WELL.

Jamboree
March 10 - 13, 2011
The 27th Annual Texas Steel Guitar Jamboree. This 4-day show features performances by many of the top steel guitarists from Texas, Oklahoma, Tennessee... all over the United States. The 2011 show will be at the Sheraton Grand DFW, Irving, TX, 972-929-8400.

Order your 2011 Tickets Today
Info on the Upcoming Event:
The Sheraton Grand DFW is full! Special TSGA rates at the Holiday Inn Express, Irving DFW Airport

Bob Craven

Columbia City, IN, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2011 8:13 pm     I'm a rookie....

After so many years of reading and hearing what a great show you have in TX, I'm finally planing on attending! What I need is a little help with the logistics. I'm flying in from Indiana, probably from Indianapolis. Which airport do I want to come in to? How close is the airport to the hotel? Everybody stays at the hotel where the show is held I asume.
I just need a little help.
Bob
bobcraven@mac.com
Jim Cooley

The 'Ville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2011 10:44 pm    

Bob,

The hotel is about 10-15 minutes from Dallas/Ft. Worth International Airport, if there are no traffic tie-ups. Take the north exit from the airport to 114/John Carpenter Freeway. Go East on 114. The hotel is at the intersection of 114 and Esters Blvd. Enter the hotel property from Esters. As I recall, there is no entrance on 114.

Most stay at the hotel. However, the event is very well attended. I would call immediately about reservations or cancellations. I have heard that they are full. Good luck.

Y'all come

"The worst an honest man can do is make an honest mistake" - Augustus McCrae
"From the sweet grass to the packing house, birth 'til death, we travel between the eternities" - Prentiss Ritter

Too many steels, amps & other stuff, and an open mind. I have tube amp bias.
Bob Blair

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2011 9:42 pm    

Bob, the logistics are about as easy as they come. The Sheraton is currently full, but the overflow hotel is the Holiday Inn Express just down the way - I got a room there for $89.00 a night. Sometimes I rent a car, so I can go into Fort Worth or Dallas or wherever, but there is no need - I'm sure there is a shuttle from the airport or else it is a short (but reasonably pricey as I recall) cab ride. Once you are there there is no need to go anywhere else, and if you do wind up at the Holiday Inn it is more or less just across the road so you can just walk it in a couple of minutes, and go back and forth whenever you want.
Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2011 9:57 pm     Dallas 2011

Yes, you are right Mike. Dallas and St. Louis are the biggest shows in the Country and Dallas seems to be growing every year. I have played the Dallas show every year since it started in 1985 and always look forward to going back. Some of my very favorite steel players, musicians and singers live in Texas and are at the show. Curtis Potter who is one of my all time favorite singers usually sings on my set, but this year in addition to Curtis, Tony Booth and Johnny Bush will also be on the show. Actually, you never know who else may drop in. Again, I will say that the Texas players and singers have a feel that can't be found any place else. If you've never been to this show, I highly suggest it. Of course, speaking of Mullen, Mullen is my personal choice of guitars and I think the finest in the business. I am anxious to see the new Mullen economy model steel guitar as I know it will be fantastic as are all of their products.

I hope to see many of you there.

Herby Wallace
Ray Harrison

Tucson, Arizona, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2011 1:59 pm    

Dang Herby, you told me one time that I was your 2nd favorite singer.
I'm looking forward to seeing you. Take Care
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars
Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2011 5:41 pm     Dallas 2011

Ray, I sincerely apologize as I must have been having a senior moment as they say. You are at the top of my list, but don't tell Curtis Potter I said that.

Herby Wallace
Karen Sarkisian

Boston, MA, USA
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2011 6:57 pm    

I'm in !! Mr. Green

Eastern Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2011 8:54 am    

TTT
Mike Kowalik

San Antonio,Texas
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2011 10:09 am     steel show....

I agree with Mike about a Forum section dedicated to steel shows....a place where members could post pics,discuss travel plans,etc.

If a section needs to be removed to make room for one on steel shows I suggest the section entitled "Dnt Undrstnd".

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2011 2:06 pm     Dallas!

Every year the Dallas show seems to get better and better..Some of the finest players in the world live right here in the DFW area. In the Stockyards of Fort Worth, you can find REAL Texas Swing, Nashville acts, and everything in between...I for one am looking forward to a BIG weekend!!...Come visit us in the Mullen room and play the G2, and Royal Precision model Mullen Guitars....make a few new friends and get inspired to play all over again!! I know every year...I sure do!
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Ernest Cawby

Lake City, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2011 4:23 am     hi

Micky I remember 2 years ago you and I and Roger singing in the Mullen room, I never made tv as you said I would but may have a good time this year , we are comming back thew Florida bunch see you there. You did a great job playng the breaks in our songs.
SEE U THERE.

ERNIE
Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2011 4:33 am    

Yes Ernie we had a great time...!!>..and this years going to be that much better!!
Im all geared up!. Cant wait!
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Richard Ingley

Bowie, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2011 9:49 am    

- - - T T T - - -
Richard Ingley

Bowie, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2011 7:19 pm    

TTT
DeWitt Scott

St. Louis, Missouri, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2011 1:29 pm     Dallas

I may live in Missouri and host the longest running steel show The International Steel Guitar Convention in St. Louis but I never lose track of my roots. I was born in Amarillo, Texas and am proud to be a Texan. I have been to most all of the Texas shows only missing a few when Jerry Byrd had something going on in Hononlulu on the same dates. I will be back again this year and have a few new tunes to play for you on my Frypan. And Herby, don't forget it might be your turn to buy dinner this time. Or is it mine? We will work that out in Dallas. Scotty
Roy Rosetta

Nederland, Texas.. On the Texas Gulf Coast
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2011 10:17 pm    

Remember Scotty....leather menu's. Herby likes nothing but the best.
Looking forward to seeing you both,
...Roy
David Hartley

Post  Posted 27 Feb 2011 8:53 pm     Leather Menus

I found they were a bit chewy myself. Confused
Ken Metcalf

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 28 Feb 2011 6:10 am    

Use the English recipe... boiled for 6 hours.
No good on the BBQ Grill Laughing Laughing