| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Davis Amps?
Roger Shackelton

MINNESOTA (deceased)
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2010 10:56 am    

Are Any Forumites Using A DAVIS AMP?

They Were Made In Denver In The 1960s & 1970s.
There Were Two Models Made, One With 2 10 Inch Speakers And The Other With 1 15 Inch Speaker.

Roger
Richard Tourville

Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2011 4:14 pm     Davis Amps?

Roger: Was just browsing on the forum and I saw your posting. I have 2 of them, bought new in 1980 and used every weekend since then, up until a few years ago when I sorta retired.. Love them. I'm running JBL D-130Fs in them, and the only thing I have ever had to do was replace the power supply filter caps in both earlier this year, and replace a bad reverb tank about 3 months ago in one of them. They both look and sound great.

Only wish I could find a schematic so I could install an effects loop for my Behringer rack unit.

Any other info I can help you with?

Dick Tourville
tourviller@bellsouth.net

Kansas
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2011 12:32 am    

I have 3: 2 with the 15 and 1 with the 10s.

I think they were made in the 70s and 80s. I have a tone more info that I will have to dig out. A.F. Davis made them and eventually sold the company to another guy who still made them under the A.F. Davis name.

Great amps...killer for being solidstate. Fantastic reverb, awesome for surf guitar!!! Very reliable, very light-weight and surprisingly hard to find.

I have a source that claims they might remake them again.

I have another source that can build me a Davis on Steroids...a Super-Davis if you will.

At some point soon, I will be posting all the info that I have about them...I happen to be in contact with some of the folks who actually made them!!!

If you find one for sale, for a reasonable price buy it. Or tell me where to find it and I'll buy it. THEY ARE GREAT!!!

Casey
Jerry Erickson

Atlanta,IL 61723
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2011 6:18 am    

Bob Diedrick(sp?) was the person who bought the company from Arkie(sp again?)Davis. I used to teach at Guitar City in Lakewood,CO and sold a few of those amps. I remember there being a 2-10 model with a 2-10 powered cabinet in the lesson room. Nice amps.