| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  **Sold**Custom Built Cherry Tele, VZ Custom**Sold**
Bud Veazey

Lawrenceville, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2011 3:38 am    

Thanks for looking. This guitar has been sold locally. Watch for more from VZ Custom Guitars. Keep on pickin'

Special Price for Steel Guitar Forum Members: $695. (Reduced from $865)Hard shell tweed case available for additional $69. Shipping is $29. (If actual shipping cost is less,the difference will be refunded.)

I built this custom Tele in my shop in Lawrenceville, Georgia. The unfinished body, featuring a figured cherry top and back on a cherry center was crafted by Jeff Neville. Inlaid wedges of beautiful curly maple outlined with a thin walnut border add to the unique beauty of the cherry top and back. I finished the body with clear nitrocellulose lacquer.

The 21 fret one-piece lightly figured birdseye maple neck is from Musikraft. It has a “Fat” C Profile--.99” at the first fret, 1.00” at the 12th fret. It has medium 6105 frets, and dual action truss rod. The truss rod adjustment is at the heel. The nut width is 1-5/8". The fretboard radius is 9.5". The tuners are Genuine Kluson vintage style. I cut and installed a bone nut.

I like the fat profile neck. It feels good and I believe it adds resonance to the guitar. However, the fat profile is not everyone’s cup of tea. Please make sure it’s what you want. If, like me, you appreciate a vintage style fat neck, you know it’s hard to find this profile in a mass-produced guitar.

The bridge pickup is a Seymour-Duncan Jerry Donahue Signature. The neck pickup is a Fender American Standard (If you buy this guitar and have a set of pickups that you prefer over the ones I have installed, send them to me and I will install them and give you a $135 credit. A $35 installation charge will be deducted from that credit. Bottom line: if you provide your own pickups you can deduct $100 from the price of the guitar.)

The electronics on this guitar are fairly standard: CTS pots, Orange Drop Cap, Switchcraft output jack, Fender 3-way switch.

The bridge is a genuine Fender vintage style 3-barrel compensated bridge.

A brand new hard shell Tweed case manufactured by Tradition Guitars is available for this guitar for an additional $69.

I guarantee the quality of all VZ Custom Guitars. I will accept returns if you believe the guitar you received does not meet the specifications outlined in my description. If you are not satisfied, you may return via insured UPS at your expense within seven days of delivery. I will refund the purchase price minus original shipping. Bottom line: if you don’t like the guitar you’re out of pocket only the cost of shipping. If the guitar is defective in any way, I will reimburse you for all shipping charges. I will repair the defect and ship the guitar back to you at my expense. (I don’t consider “I changed my mind” or “My wife won’t let me keep it” legitimate reasons for returns.)[/b]

Last edited by Bud Veazey on 18 Feb 2011 11:42 am; edited 4 times in total
Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2011 11:59 pm     just a bump

WOW! Really Nice! Way to go Bud. Tommy........
Bud Veazey

Post  Posted 28 Jan 2011 5:54 am    

Thanks, Tommy. I hope you're still enjoying your VZ Custom.
Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2011 6:29 am     Telecopy

Hey Bud: Yes, I enjoy it very much. I'm not very good at playing it. I work every other week end with our local Tele Legend, Chick Hall Jr.... He can really play 'the you know what' out of it. I enjoy that even more. Tommy............
Bud Veazey

Post  Posted 28 Jan 2011 8:08 am     Send me a picture

Tommy, the next time you and Chick are pickin' take a picture and send it to me so I can add it to the VZ Custom Guitars Facebook players photo gallery. My email address is budveazey@comcast.net.
Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2011 1:15 pm     You Betca'

Hey Bud: O.K., That will be tonight. I'll take some photos, and then I'll have to get some help in emailing them to you. I don't know how to do that yet. Tommy............
Bud Veazey

Post  Posted 30 Jan 2011 4:51 pm     Make me an offer

Don't be shy. If you like the guitar but don't like the price, make me an offer.
Bud Veazey

Post  Posted 31 Jan 2011 10:03 am     Price reduction for SGF Members

I just knocked $50 off the SGF price. SGF members can now buy this guitar for $815.
J. Wilson

Manitoba, Canada
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2011 2:21 pm    

Is the action nice and low?
Is it possible to get a sound sample of this guitar?
Bud Veazey

Post  Posted 3 Feb 2011 7:17 pm    

I set the action at .070" between the bottom of the strings and the 12th fret, which is fairly standard for a Tele. The action could probably be lowered further before encountering fret buzz. I try to record some sound samples. It may take a day or two.
Bud Veazey

Post  Posted 8 Feb 2011 8:22 am     Cash Flow Crunch Means Big Price Cut

I just reduced the price on the VZ Custom Cherry Tele. It is now available to SFG members for $695, without case. A hard shell tweed case is available for an additional $69. Shipping is $29 (If the actual shipping cost is less, the difference will be refunded.)
Bud Veazey

Post  Posted 18 Feb 2011 11:45 am     *sold*

This guitar sold today (2/18/2011) to a picker in the Atlanta area. Even though the guitar didn't sell through the Forum, I'll be sending b0b a donation as a token of my continuing support for the SGF. Thanks for looking and watch for more VZ Customs in the future.