| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  West Texas Steel Guitar Jam****Merkel, Texas****January 16th
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 27 Dec 2010 9:00 pm    

The West Texas Steel Guitar Association is kicking off the new year with our first event. We will have a nice afternoon of Pedal Steelin' in downtown Merkel, Texas on January 16th, at 1:30pm. There will be Randall Palmore, Danny Letz, Shady Mitchell, Larry Toliver, Charlie Shiflett, and more for sure. If you want to JAM, then show up with your axe! We will have the backup band ready to do your stuff! We will stay as long as you want! If you would like more information, you can email me at larrytoliver@windstream.net. Leave a post on the forum if you need some info! Spread the news and lets get our Steel Association Going Strong!
PS..We will be in the old Senior Citizens building across from the drug store!
We'll see YOU there!
Danny Letz

Old Glory,Texas, USA 79540
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2011 12:07 pm    

I can no longer find the post about this that everyone was responding to. Does anyone know what happened to it?
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 8 Jan 2011 4:20 pm    

Danny
I guess it got deleted somehow. Anyway, the address is easy, downtown Merkel is easy. There is a bank, and the drugstore next to it. Merkel is not that big, and the senior citizens building is just across the street. I'll have flags and signs on the main (only) drag. Junior knight sent me a message and he will be there for sure.
Tell everyone!
Larry T
Charlie Shifflett

Colorado City, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2011 4:24 pm     Steel Jam

Hello Larry, Charlie here I plan on being there come
high water or snow Thanks Charlie
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 9 Jan 2011 10:17 pm    

Hey Guys!
I've talked to several different steel players again today, and they are all planning on being there. Charles Shifflet, John Rhoda, Dwayne Burns, Clent Kniffen, Bobby Rains, and James Foster to name just a few more. It's gonna be a Steelin' hot time in the old town this night! ALso, a couple of guys are bringin' steels to sell, and some odds and ends! It's really shapin up to be something special. AND don't forget........Junior Knight!
More to Come!

Larry Toliver
Zum D-10 with 9 & 8, Fender Steel King w/ Black Widow upgrade!
Doyle Mitchell

Loraine, Texas
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2011 11:39 am    

Larry and Danny...... I promise I did not delete or erase the other post..... Just because I am known to crash my computer most every time I try to do something, it was not me this time! Probably Fred Shannon did it.. Rolling Eyes
Charlie Shifflett

Post  Posted 10 Jan 2011 2:37 pm     Steel Jam

Howdy dode, Charlie here, boy it sure looks like its going to be a hot time in good ole Merket Town This Sunday. See ya Charlie.

PS Larry I might be a little late Church dont let out till 12:15. ?????????
Charlie Shifflett

Post  Posted 10 Jan 2011 2:52 pm     Steel jam

You no ole Phred did it? Ha Ha LOL. C.J.S
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 10 Jan 2011 6:28 pm    

Hey West Texas Steelers.....I just talked to 3 more new steelers that I did not know. Josh Hazelip from Stanton, Victor Molinar from Odessa, and left a message with Leon Langley from San Angelo. I believe at least 2 of them will be there this Sunday at the JAM in the BIG city of Merkel. Spread the word about the JAM and we'll have a great time.
Charlie....we'll be there when you get there!

Larry Toliver
Zum Steel D-10 with 9 & 8, and Fender Steelking with Black Widow Upgrade!
Danny Letz

Post  Posted 10 Jan 2011 9:01 pm    

Larry, I have a new steel guitar good buddie. Mr. William Mayville from Hawley, Tx. He is very knowlegable in steel and is also a steel teacher. He's gonna do his best to be there. Also I know Leon Langley. He's a dandy, but my problem with him is that he always wins the dobro raffle at Dallas. I told him to go home Sunday so someone else could win the pedal steel. He didn't go home, but evidently his luck only works on dobros.
Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2011 9:28 pm    

Larry, where in "Down Town Merkel?" My girlfriend is from "Noodle", and has relatives in Merkel. If we were in Texas I would come and play. Very Happy
Fred Shannon

Rocking "S" Ranch, Comancheria, Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2011 9:05 am    

Just got off the phone with Jim Keeney from Brownwood and Bobby Rountree from San Angelo. They both are gonna' try to make it to Merkel on Sunday. Bobby Tuttle also told me he would do his best to be there also. Looks like a blowout if everyone comes.

As you may or may not know I've had to quit playing totally because of my hearing loss and I'm gonns' bring lots of goodies to get rid of "SUPER CHEAP" and we're making a list now and it will include the prices. I'll make sure b0b gets his donation from the sales.

We're gonna' make the list up today and if you want to turn loose of some bucks for some good equipment at certainly the right price you can email me at fjshannon1@suddenlink.net and that will save b0b some bandwidth. Too, we're making a big donation to the Indian School in South Dakota, a darn good cause.

The list should be ready by late today and it will only be available to those attending the show on Sunday. I would make it available to the entire forum but healthwise I'm just not up to packing and shipping these items.

Phred

Think about it!!
Danny Letz

Post  Posted 11 Jan 2011 10:56 am    

Keith, Larry is having the meeting in the senior citizens building across from the drug store. Merkel is kind of like Old Glory in that it wouldn't take but a few minutes to drive around the whole town and find the crowd. I know for a fact that there will be at least one of your volume pedals there. I will pass thru Noodle on my way there.
Fred Shannon

Post  Posted 11 Jan 2011 11:39 am     The List Is Ready

The list of items that I will have available at the Merkel Jam is now ready. If you'd like to see what's on it send an email with your email addy on it to fjshannon1@suddenlink.net . It's in a txt file

phred

Think about it!!
Randall Palmore

Albany,TX USA 76430
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2011 7:29 pm    

Bumping this up! Looking forward to Sunday! RP
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 11 Jan 2011 8:48 pm    

Hey Keith,
I sent you a private message also, but I've talked to Jeanette Pursley, and she told me you were dating her niece. They are also my relatives. I also have one of your pedals. It works flawlessly! I don't think you'll have any trouble finding downtown Merkel, or the Steel JAM. Anyway, I'll have some posters on the streets pointing the way.
Fred, I would like a list too!

Larry Toliver
Merkel, Texas
Hilton Volume Pedal, ZumSteel D'10 w/9 & 8, and SteelKing w/ Black Widow upgrade.
Bobby Rountree

San Angelo, Texas, USA - R.I.P.
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2011 11:05 am     WTSGA Meet

Looks like Coy Moses and I will be there. Looking forward to seeing everyone !!!
Bob Tuttle

Republic, MO 65738
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2011 12:50 pm    

I'll be there.......Does anyone know if this is open to the public? I've got an aunt and uncle in Merkel who would like to come if it is.
Danny Letz

Post  Posted 12 Jan 2011 4:08 pm    

Bob, Bring your folks. Maybe Larry will respond with how much room or chairs he has, but its wide open. We haven't taken memberships since we first started. We may talk about doing it again, but as long as we can keep the expenses low we'll just continue as usual. We've had real good response for this one and Larry really worked at gettin the word out.
Fred Shannon

Post  Posted 12 Jan 2011 4:14 pm    

Man I just knew those two nuts from San Angelo would come through for us. Great, having the Bobsi twins back singing and pickin'

phred

Think about it!!
Danny Letz

Post  Posted 12 Jan 2011 6:23 pm    

Dovie may have to bring the battery off your car in to keep the camera running to get all these guys.
Fred Shannon

Post  Posted 12 Jan 2011 7:02 pm    

Danny, she's more anxious than I am about this one. If everyone shows up this will be the largest turnout we've had. I'm really looking forward to it. All you guys have done a terrific job promoting this one.

phred

Think about it!!
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 12 Jan 2011 7:36 pm    

Hello Bobby Rountree and Bob Tuttle! It's great to hear from both of you! I sent you an email Bob about your kinfolks....of course it's open! C'mon Down! Fred, you said it right....this looks like a Nice Sized Turnout! I've heard back from Leon Langley, he's comin' and he may bring my old Roanoke (3 yrs on the road with) Keith Duryea, good fiddlin buddy too!

We may be there awhile!!! Pedal Steelin' all afternoon...That's Mighty Fine!

Larry T.
Merkel, Texas
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 13 Jan 2011 8:37 pm    

One more post about the JAM on Sunday!!! I've just heard from Dwayne (Rabbi) Pack who will be drummin' for us, Kacey Toliver will be playin' lead guitar, Brit Pursley will be pickin' bass a little bit, and Randall Palmore will be bringing his bass player also. Bobby Rains told me he and Larry Rains will be there, and Larry picks good lead too. I'm so excited, I've been waking up early every day...just thinking about it!
See Ya'll Threre!

Larry Toliver
David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2011 3:39 am    

Larry,
Sounds like a great time, Lets get some pictures!!

Keep a GOOD eye on Jr!!!...he is one of my all time favorite players!! I remember hearing him when I was just a Kid, Whoa! Very Happy ....here in Tx...