| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Paloma Stone Slides Product Line-up Change
Jay Seibert

Woodland, WA, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2011 3:14 pm    

I recently made a change in Paloma's round/bullet bar product listings by taking the smallest diameter bar, my RB1 model, off my web site listings. It seemed that 85% of the players when presented with a choice between the RB1 and RB2, chose the RB2... a bit more diameter, and easier to hold for some, and a tad fuller tone. Since it's my primary goal to make what players want to play, I had decided to focus on the RB2 and RB3 production and just drop the RB1 for 2011.

Well this past weekend, I had a vendor room for Paloma Guitar Slides and Bars at the River City Bluegrass Festival in Portland, OR. The Time Jumpers were the headliners and had legendary icons like Peter Rowan, Dave Alvin, Cindy Cashdollar, and Rhonda Vincent performing on stage.

To try to shorten the story, both Andy Reiss and Paul Franklin of Time Jumper and Nashville studio first-caller fame spent a bunch of time in my booth and walked out with Paloma bars and slides!

I still had some RB1's left in stock so I took them with me to the show. Paul wanted a couple of those RB1's. I explained that I was discontinuing them and he said that would be a pretty stupid thing to do. He said that studio players need to have many tonal options available to them at all times and that these bars gave him some options he didn't have before! He took all three models, RB1, RB2, and RB3, with him and said they'll be in use this coming week in Nashville studio sessions! So if Paul Franklin says to put them back in the line-up, then that's just what I'll do! The little RB1's are back!

BTW... Andy Reiss took my bottleneck slides with him. Peter Rowan took four PFS models with him, and Jody Specher took two PFS models and used one of them on stage that night with his mandolin! If you'd like to read Jody's endorsement email, let me know.

I was reminded that my early goal with making Paloma Stone Slides and Tone Bars was to give players new options. I must remember that goal.

Yes... size/ mass and glaze/ surface/ finish all affect tone. I'm heading out on the road from the 15th of January to the end of the month but I'll have time to make some more bars for folks before I head out.

Special offer to Steel Guitar Forum members... 2 bars $35... no shipping charges. Anywhere on the globe. From now until Jan 15, 2011. Here's your chance either to try a couple Paloma bars if you already have one, or to add to your tonal collection.

There are other tone bars one can use to play steel guitar than a just steel bar... try Paloma!