| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  How to move the Pedals on a GFI Expo S-10 to the right
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2011 6:53 am    

Easy way to move pedals on a GFI Expo (and maybe other GFI models). My wife's GFI Expo S10 came (stock) with the pedals too far to the left, especially for a woman and their narrow shoes (and really too far for me too). The "B" pedal location is where the "A" Pedal should be. Thanks to Mike (Martin) Weenik it was an easy fix to move them to the right and more in line with the left knee levers.

The first thing that needs to be done is change the pedal rod attachment studs on the pedal to the opposite side of the pedal. Remove the nut on one end then unscrew the stud assembly and then screw it in from the opposite side (see picture below) tighten the screw and then screw the nut back on and tighten it. Do this for all three pedals.
Second loosen the allen screw on the collars (they were very tight on mine) on each end of the pedal assembly so it can be moved about 1 1/2" toward the center of the pedal bar. Leave the assembly loose and connect the pedal rods - from the inside of the pedal rod hook slot (see picture below). Line up the pedal assembly with the pull rods so they are straight and then tighten the set screw on each collar.

There are some pictures below, showing the attachment of the pedal rods at the puller "hole", at the pedal end and the pedal assembly with the collar (on each end) with a set screw and the new position of the pedals on the pedal bar.

Roman Sonnleitner

Vienna, Austria
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2011 2:29 pm    

Great minds think alike! Very Happy

I did exactly the same thing with my WBS Basic 1, because that one also has the pedals too far to the left...
On mine, the pedal assembly is screwed to the pedal bar, though, so I had to drill two new holes into the pedal bar.

I guess some builders place the pedals so far to the left because that's where they are on a D10, with 8 pedals - but on an S10 with 3-4 pedals it makes much more sense placing them farther to the right.
Norbert Dengler

germany
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2011 3:27 am    

after reading this post a couple of times and being sceptical in the beginning i finally did the change this morning and i have to admit: "much better" Smile
so thanks jack for sharing it makes my guitar even better.
i do love my GFI and it`s my first steel, having it in use for 2 1/2 years now,
i`m slowly getting better but the guitar is still way ahead of me... Confused
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2011 2:58 am    

They don't have to be that far to the left on a D-10 either. My D-10 Franklin's pedals are more "centered" and in line with the Left knee levers.
Norbert Dengler

germany
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2011 4:41 am    

thanks again jack, great hint! Smile
definately more fun to play!!! Very Happy
Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2011 4:28 pm    

I did that to my old ShoBud S-12 in the seventies and I loved it right away....JH in Va.

The Villages, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jan 2011 7:49 pm     Movement of Pedals

Jack,

Nice job, easy to understand. A simple adjustment.

Mark Hayes
The Villages