| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel Jam show and and swap meet. Around Albany NY Area?
Andy Narzynski

New York, USA
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2010 2:38 pm    

Hi fellow pedal steel players-

Thinking about doing a steel guitar jam show and swap meet around April 2011. My question to you, what would be the best day Saturday or Sunday? The time would be 12 to 6. One price gets you in the door. If you have something to sell - amp, steel, etc. great!Space is limited. Need feedback especially if you think you may want to attend. There will be a live band and you can also play to a backing track. Food will be included also a cash bar will be open. This is a very nice American Legion, easy to find, off I-87 Northway. Let me know what you think, any ideas? I'm thinking admission would be $20 per person which I think is fair.Tickets would be sold in advance to the show. This is not a done deal until I hear back from you.

Thank you,
Andy Smile
Bob Vantine

Freeville, New York, USA
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2010 7:30 pm    

Cool Cool Cool

with enough notice , either day would work . great idea !
Peavey Guitars
Larry Edwards

Broadalbin, NY
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2010 12:25 am     jam

hey andy that sounds like pretty good idea thats nothing like that this close buy. with some time to get the word around. i"ll write to tiny olsen who lives about 20 minutes away . randy rollman maybe ricky anderson and george shocker hows that. maybe i can use your new webb amp and i wont have to drag thee old vegas along my legs are bad and your younger dan me okay. your ol"e pal larry
Larry Edwards

Broadalbin, NY
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2010 12:30 am     jam

hi andy its me again . i forgot to mention larry rafferty he would like to come to it i"m shure.
Andy Narzynski

New York, USA
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2010 2:22 pm    

Hey guys, I thank you for the positive feedback. I think there are alot of pedal steel players would really enjoy doing this. It would give us all a chance to meet some of the pedal steel players of the north east. If I get a good response from enough people this will happen. Once I decide to commit to having this I will post an agenda to let everyone know the format for that day. And I will bring my Webbs my Evans and whatever else I buy by that time. Yes Larry , I will have an amp there just for you. Thanks Andy Very Happy Exclamation
Andy Narzynski

New York, USA
Post  Posted 19 Dec 2010 2:46 pm     Pedal steel Jam and swap meet. To be or not to be?

Hi , I posted this and did not get much interest. I need to make a decsion soon whether or not to have this.It seems to me there's not much going on up this way in the way of pedal steel shows or anything. I know there are players up in the Albany NY area. Jersey ,Mass, Conn,VT, and NH not all that far to go. For 20 bucks you can play or sell your stuff and get fed - sandwiches and free soda. With a cash bar if you need to get a cold one. Its a very clean place with decent size room. It would have to be on a Saturday. 12 to 6 in April. I must say, we live in some hard times. Everything costs to much and a buck just aint a buck anymore. Id love to put this together for you the pedal steel player who really cares about keeping this instrument alive.Thanks Andy - Its up to you.
Larry Edwards

Broadalbin, NY
Post  Posted 20 Dec 2010 9:16 am     steel jam

i see your not getting to much response on this huh andy but its early yet maybe a lotta people got something going on bout the same time. we could probly have one at the glad rag if you can play around the dog doo doo huh . think it over.
ol"e larry
Bob Moore

N. Rose, New York
Post  Posted 21 Dec 2010 7:30 am    

I would be interested in coming if on Saturday. I live in the north country. Bob
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 21 Dec 2010 9:19 am     Sam

Hi Andy I will try to get a hold of Dick and Diana Smith who live up to the West of Albany N.Y.. They came down to my New England Steel Guitar Show two years ago and they are great. Dick plays a great Steel Guitar a Emmons and his Wife Diana is a Nashville Recording Gospel singer and she is great.Check on the forum as there are a lot of Steel players in your area.I would have it on a Saturday as a lot of people go to Church on Sunday and it is hard to fit it in on a Sunday.I'm the Founder and first President of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar assoc. and the New England steel Guitar Assoc. and Anna and I started the Greeneville TN. steel Guitar Jam and I ran a Steel Guitar Jam here in Clayton N.C. back in September and I'm going to run another in March 19th.You can see I have been pushing the Steel Guitar.I can not play that well but I'm trying.
If I can get Dick and Diana's E-Mail I will get back to you I know they would love it.What you need to do is put it in the News Paper and put flyers around town in Wal-Mart and other stores and music stores. Post them at the American Legion also.Post them any place you can.Also what you want to do is let people come in and Dance that will really draw a crowd.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Andy Narzynski

New York, USA
Post  Posted 21 Dec 2010 6:23 pm     Steel jam and swap Albany?

Thanks Sam, I think with help from good guys like yourself this will fly. Spread the word! Thanks Andy Very Happy Exclamation
Andy Narzynski

New York, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2011 6:37 pm     Pedal steel Jam and swap meet. Its a go!

Hi steel players,
This show Will take place on April 2nd from noon till 6pm. It will be held at the American Legion in Clifton Park New York. Very easy to find 1 mile off I87 Northway. Please stay tuned for further details. Please email for any Questions. Thanks Andy Smile
Larry Rafferty

Ballston Spa, NY
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2011 9:41 am    

Count me in as it sounds like it will be a great way to spend a spring afternoon. It's nice that someone will take the time and effort to put this show together. I have met somewhere between 8 and 10 steelers all close (within and hours drive) to the Clifton Park area. I will be looking forward to seeing old and new faces at this gathering.

They laughed when I sat down to play, cause' somebody pulled my chair away...
Andy Narzynski

New York, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2011 2:30 pm     Steel Show

Hi Larry,
I thank you for the kind words. I think it will be alot of fun. Your welcome to bring anything you would like to sell also. I can't wait. I have some other surprises for our players I know they will enjoy. Thanks Andy Smile
Ray Lamoureux

Hartford,New York, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2011 4:25 pm    

HI Andy,Larry Edwards must forgot his competiveor.Ray Louis.I belive charging $20.00 is tooo much. There wont be any people that want to pay that much to see any steel players.

New York, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2011 5:28 pm     Sreel show

Hi Ray,
Sorry you feel that 20.00 is toooo much. I know what you mean. I went to to lunch today with a friend and spent close to 20.00 for a couple of lousy burgers watered down coke and some cold fries. The cost of this show is coming out of my own pocket and its not cheap. I'm hoping to just break even. Just trying to do a nice show for good steel people. I will let you know if any free shows come up. Shocked Andy
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2011 5:59 pm     Sam

Well I will tell you that in Rhode Island the Steel Jams they pay either 6 to 7 dollars to get in and they have to buy their own drinks and food from the kitchen.
$20.00 is a fair price and if I lived closer than here in North Carolina I would be there.WE pay 7 and 8 dollars down here in N.C. and a couple other places we pay 10 dollars to get in plus you buy your drinks and food.I think it is a good deal and you will be enjoying the most beautiful instrument in the world the Steel Guitar.Just my 2 cents worth.I have run these Steel shows and jams and they are a lot of work and a lot of fun.You also get to meet a lot of great people and friends.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Barry Hyman

upstate New York, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2011 6:11 pm    

Saturday April 2nd noon to 6 pm I'll be there with $20 in one hand and my Williams in the other!

(Andy just emailed me about this -- I haven't been on The Forum much lately and have never read the Events section. So this is the first I've heard of this idea, but I LIKE it.)

I have nothing to sell but I would love to see and hear some of you guys play, and I love to jam. Clifton Park is only 45 minutes away for me. I'll be there for sure Andy, and I'll tell the three other steel players I know, but it could be a bit far for some of my friends and fans to come. Getting a quorum of steel players might be easier than getting an audience. But the sooner you put up posters, the better a chance you have.

Good luck stirring up interest, and I'll spread the word as best I can. I play psg in a bluegrass/acoustic rock band, so I will be looking forward to playing some COUNTRY!!!
I give music lessons on several different instruments in Cambridge, NY (between Bennington, VT and Albany, NY). But my true love is pedal steel. I've been obsessed with steel since 1972; don't know anything I'd rather talk about... www.barryhyman.com
Andy Narzynski

New York, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2011 6:36 pm     Steel show

Hi Barry,
I look very forword to you and your Williams being there. This show is for the steel players. I'm not concerned about an audiance . My goal is to get as many pedal steel players as I can get ,and have as many different pedal steels set up to drool over. Steel guitars are welcome to . I have seven pedal steels that will be there. Thanks Barry,and you to Sam for the backing. I have already put much thought and time into this and its just getting started. Thanks Guys Andy
Bob Vantine

Freeville, New York, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2011 9:20 pm    

ANDY....
planning on being there with StageOne & NV112 . Also as we discussed earlier on what you need .... let me know !

BOB V
Peavey Guitars
Andy Narzynski

New York, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2011 1:25 pm     Steel show

Hi Bob,
looking forword to meeting you. The only thing I need is to push this show. We have time on our side but its never to early to get things going. I will have several Amps to use, but bring you own if you feel more comfortable using it. Thanks , and spread the word. You must know someone else who plays. Thanks Andy Cool
Larry Edwards

Broadalbin, NY
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2011 2:57 pm     steel show

hey andy who is this ray lamour guy never heard of him or this ray lewis that i can remember
K Maul

Hadley, NY/Hobe Sound, FL
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2011 5:57 pm    

Sounds like a fun day.I will tell some people and hope to be there unless I have a gig out of town.
I may have an item or two for sale.

KM
Andy Narzynski

New York, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2011 12:16 pm     Steel show

Hey KM,
good to hear from you. I think this will be a nice show for anyone who attends . I hope to see you on April 2nd with your steel. Your a good guy and a good player! Thanks Andy Smile
Bob Vantine

Freeville, New York, USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2011 1:31 pm     updates ?

ANDY.....

Any updates , news , posters , or anything we can do (besides just spreading the word) Question

**Bob**
Peavey Guitars
Andy Narzynski

New York, USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2011 6:21 pm     Steel show

Hi Players,
My first show is coming up Sat April 2nd 12 till 6 in Clifton Park Ny. I have been very busy talking to you players out there . If anyone would like me to send them a flyer let me know. Anything you want to know please shoot me an email.Bring your steel . I have many different amps to play through. Bring your steel or amp or whatever to sell. Please if you think you will attend let me know. One price gets you in. Its going to be a great time hope to see you there. Exclamation Thanks Andy- Ps - I will post the exact address tomorrow.