| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Thank you, "Mikey". All is good. Please Close
Cliff Kane

the late great golden state
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2010 11:31 am    

Update:
My amp arrived today. Thank you, Mikey. Sorry to be impatient, my apologies to all involved if I raised anxieties or rocked boats. I am sure people will see their stuff soon if not already. I hope this thread quickly sinks to bottom to die an anonymous death and rest in peace.

Last edited by Cliff Kane on 8 Dec 2010 8:33 am; edited 4 times in total
Don Discher

Sault Ste Marie,Ontario,Canada
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2010 2:59 pm     Mikey

I also paid for an item on Nov 14th and was told it would be shipped on the 15th or 16th at the latest.I've sent e-mails asking for a tracking number or if in fact the item was shipped and like Cliff, i've heard nothing. I'm hoping everything is alright with him and maybe computer problems but that wouldn't affect the shipping.
I just checked my bank account and the money was taken out on the 15th through PayPal.
Chuck Martin

Clifton, Virginia
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2010 4:50 pm    

I bought a Guild 12 string from him on 11/19 and paid through Paypal. I contacted him a couple of days later and he e-mailed back on 11/23 that he was still looking for a shipping box and would ship after Thanksgiving. I haven't heard back from him so I sent a couple of e-mails this week to try and reach him. I've never had a bad deal on the forum so I'm still hopeful that there's a logical explanation for the delay.

Last edited by Chuck Martin on 2 Dec 2010 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2010 4:51 pm    

His real name is Mark... I was at his house this past summer, and bought a steel from him... Seemed like a nice guy, and sure didn't seem like a scammer.. I hope everything works out well for all involved... bob

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
Don Discher

Post  Posted 2 Dec 2010 5:04 pm     Mikey

He signs his E-mail "Mike Marlowe".
Ron Funk

Ballwin, Missouri
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2010 7:12 pm    

Around 2nd week of November, without any noticeable delay in shipping, I received an item purchased from him.

Return address is shown as
Marlowe
48 Winding Way
Hillsborough NJ 08844

which surprised me as I thought item would be coming from Hawaii.

Hope the above is of some benefit.
I have no other info....
Bill Ladd

Wilmington, NC, USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2010 7:19 pm    

I bought some steel guitar legs from him. Took a while, but they eventually showed up.

I think he's having some health issues.

Hopefully he'll see this and respond.
Ron Funk

Ballwin, Missouri
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2010 7:22 pm    

Oops - more info from my PayPal receipt:

Mark Marlowe - with email address of:

prosounds@comcast.net

Ron
Cliff Kane

Post  Posted 2 Dec 2010 8:33 pm    

Thanks a lot for the info, guys. I hope Mikey's in good health and I am just being impatient.

Cliff
Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2010 9:24 pm    

I hope he's in good health to. But you're not being impatient. You deserve to know.
bb
Don Discher

Post  Posted 3 Dec 2010 6:43 am     Mikey

I live on the Canada /U.S. border so I have everything shipped to a U.S. package and freight outlet and I was notified this morning of a parcel for me from Marco Beach Ocean Resort so i'm thinking this must be from Mikey.
John Borchard

Athens, OH 45701
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2010 9:54 am    

I just bought a Leslie 16 (same as a Fender Vibratone) from Mike in the last month. It took a little time but not enough to get bent about (it is a large item and difficult to pack). I bought a Strat and a strat neck from him (separately) in the past 9 months. All were as advertised and arrived without any problem. Not sure what the difficulties described in this thread are caused by, but my experiences with Mike have been fine. I hope everything is OK & that all issues are amicably and equitably resolved.

John
Dennis Brown

Gowen, Mi. USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2010 10:42 am     Mikey

I bought a Boss recorder from him a few weeks before Thanksgiving and he shipped it out direct mail and told me theres no tracking number. Had no problems with recieving the goods in time.

. Good luck.
Dennis
Michael Eastman

California, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2010 11:51 am    

I can't attest to anything solid about the guy but he did have one item for sale and he was posting a picture and I found the same picture buried in another forum from something like a year ago.

I mentioned that in his thread and I got the impression he was a little red faced being caught not posting an actual picture of the item. It just seemed like he came on the scene and was selling like crazy. A red flag to me.

He may be a good guy but like I said, there were just to many red flags
Cliff Kane

Post  Posted 3 Dec 2010 2:18 pm    

John, I'm not really bent about having to wait three-plus weeks for a package if I knew that's what was going on, but I am concerned because of the absence of any communication for a long time. If I knew what was going on everythig would be fine, but if some one is not reponding for a number of weeks, how long do you wait until you try to find out what the situation is? I'm not trying run a good guy down or to be a whiner.
Chuck Snider R.I.P.

West Virginia, USA - Morgantown, WV
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2010 2:32 pm    

I can relate, very, very frustrating. A year or so ago, me and several others had bought some things from a fellow forumite that was in the midst of a nasty divorce. We had sent the money, he said he would ship the stuff. But he was delayed in shipping, we didn't know that, and he finally did so via the US Mail (which ships a bit slower than UPS/FedEx/etc.). Before we knew the shipping status he just seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth. We all (that had bought stuff) were getting pretty nervous thinking we had been fleeced, as there was no one we could go to in order to see where he, or our stuff was. Our stuff began showing up eventually, but it did take much longer than we all expected. You have my sympathies, been there!

-Chuck
GFI U-12 Ultra Keyless, Carter Black U-12, both with Alumitones, and a sweet '70 Sho-Bud Permanent D-10, NV400 in Rick Johnson cabs, NV112, '73 Vibrosonic in Rick Johnson cabs, Hilton pedal, Steeler's Choice seat, Bessdang Gizmos from Dale Hansen, and a few other widgets and doodads.
I may not sound good, I just don't wanna sound bad.
Ben Jones

Seattle, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2010 2:38 pm    

Cliff Kane wrote:
John, I'm not really bent about having to wait three-plus weeks for a package if I knew that's what was going on, but I am concerned because of the absence of any communication for a long time. If I knew what was going on everythig would be fine, but if some one is not reponding for a number of weeks, how long do you wait until you try to find out what the situation is? I'm not trying run a good guy down or to be a whiner.

I think everyone understands Cliff. If your stuff arrives or if you suddenly hear from Mikey with an explanation, you will feel bad, but you really shouldnt. You are right to expect some communication at least. Hope it works out for everyone.
Martin Wyman

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2010 9:33 am    

I've recently had a similar experience. I purchased a guitar from him on November 13th. He told me on the 23rd that he had been ill and his wife mailed it USPS but did not give a tracking number. I've yet to see anything and all e-mails have gone unanswered since the 23rd. I'm not sure of the severity of his illnes. If any of you guys who purchased from him around the same timeframe could shoot me a message when you receive your item I would appreciate. Like the rest of you I'm not sure if mine is coming or not.
Danny Bates

Fresno, CA. USA
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2010 2:28 pm    

deleted

Last edited by Danny Bates on 7 Dec 2010 11:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Chuck Martin

Clifton, Virginia
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2010 2:44 pm    

Before anyone goes crazy, I did some additional checking and found out that Steve, who bought the Dano baritone guitar on 11/8, received it yesterday from a NJ address. http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=194760

Last edited by Chuck Martin on 6 Dec 2010 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
John Borchard

Athens, OH 45701
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2010 10:58 pm    

Oops, sorry Cliff. Didn't mean to imply you were reacting inappropriately. Just saying that it wasn't enough for ME to "get bent" (perhaps too strong a term). I agree with you that 3 weeks with little or poor communication is unacceptable. I can forgive a multitude of sins if I get a reasonable explanation. At any rate, I hope you get a quick and acceptable resolution.

John Borchard
George McLellan

Duluth, MN USA
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2010 5:26 am     this happened to me

This is what happened to me when I ordered an item from a fellow Forumite.

I sent a Postal Money Order certified mail to him and to this day (it's been two months now) he hasn't received it. I keep checking the tracking number and it still comes up it was only accepted and in the system but the Post Office says it's out there somewhere and they no longer require a signature as it goes through the system so they can't track it like FedEx or UPS as it progresses.

To stop payment on it, I had to pay $5.40 even though they lost it.

These things can happen.

Geo
Martin Wyman

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2010 6:14 am    

I just received my item. Better communication could have prevented a lot of worries.
Cliff Kane

Post  Posted 6 Dec 2010 9:29 am    

Martin,
that's encouraging, thanks for posting that news. Hopefully we'll all get our stuff, and all is well with Mikey.
Don Discher

Post  Posted 7 Dec 2010 6:39 am     Mikey

Got my parcel today from Mikey and it was just as advertised,packaged in a way that a tank wouldn't have damaged it.Better communication would have been better but hopefully Mikey is ok and enjoys a good Xmas.