| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peavey KB300
graham rodger

Scotland
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2010 5:28 am    

Years ago I owned one of these,very powerful amp,150 watts I believe,Used to do a 1 man band in pubs,played only guitar at the time,but with backing tracks,a 1x15 and piezo post box horn,tho i had a PA,I used this in smaller venues,this amp handled everything really well and I now have the chance to buy another,mint condition for a really good price,because it handled everythin else so well including lots of lows,I'm thinking it would handle pedal steel really well,tho very heavy,Don't really care about the weight,anyone had experience with this amp?
Adam Sorber

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2010 7:33 am    

I have played my steel through a KB 300 in tha past. I could not get the tone I was looking for with the basic EQ settings on the amp, but with an EQ pedal I was able to dial in a pretty good tone.
Fender Super Twin Reverb
Fender Ultra-linear Twin Reverb
graham rodger

Scotland
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2010 12:51 am    

Thanks Adam,sounds encouraging Smile Graham
Donald Goulet

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2010 3:04 pm    

Posted 1 Dec 2010 3:02pm
Hello Adams!
I'm very very new to this ...
i'm playing(still trying)a sho-bus the pro1
I have the prévilège of having a few amplifiers
including a peavy kb300
So after learning on this site about the nashville 400 and it's 15 inch black widow I've décide to giv'it a try cause the kb300 comes with it too...So my very first impressions where very happy ones..15 insch means tight lows ends but then after a while (all eq set to 12:00)the high end where a bit arsh for my taste a'd say due to the horn section as you mention...But i would have been very happy with'it cinsidering it's street cost I didn't try a nasville 400 (yet)But over all and as far as am with aplifiers tests I'd say it's moore likely a matter of where i'd need one then how does'it perform.For instance i've try'd 1/4 (night time) watts amp to -1-4-5-18-25-30-50-100 tubes and transistors ones as well...they all have had something différents,Vox fender mesa swart etc
As it is i'm testing a transistor Ampeg Ba 115
And he's my most satisfying one...Perfect clean and thick warm trebles and tight bass ..It's a15 inch woofer only but with a 5 way chanel sélector one apart from it's eq section
In Hoping this could have been of any help,Gratitude,Don! Surprised