| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Fulawka goes to school
ollie strong

penetang ontario can.
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2010 8:42 pm    

Just a half hour down the road from here is a little town called Elmvale. They have a fabulous music teacher in their High school, Louis Lefaive. He has done wonders with his students and is also a lover of the steel guitar.
On November 21st. there was a fundraiser for the school to incorporate the steel guitar into their music course and to purchase a steel guitar for the school.
Eddie Fulawka stepped forward and offered them a wonderful deal on a S10 model.
A silent auction was put together and a demonstration was arranged to promote this event. Eddie donated approximately $1000.00 worth of accessories ie. case,volume pedal,pac-a-seat,wires etc.
The day consisted of several professional musicians and entertainers, and many students from Louis's class, who performed wonderfully under his tutelage.
This event would never have come together as well as it did if not for the dedication of Janet Evans, a close friend of Eddie and myself.
Not only has Janet strived for 2-3 years to promote Eddie and his craftmanship, but she has also organized this event and put together the silent auction which was a hugh contributor to the purchase of the S10.
Her efforts to do this, and whatever it takes to promote the advancement of the steel guitar into the future and to the younger generation, shows no boundaries.
As far as we know, it is the first in Canadian schools. Is there anyone who knows of, or has been involved with, any project like this.
I was humbled to be involved in this event and have been asked to help in setting up an instruction program for the students, which I am honored to do, and will do to the best of my ability.
STAY TUNED!!! Ollie
David Collins

Madison, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2010 7:40 am    

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile