| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Jackson Madison 63 D-10 8 & 4 , 4 Sale or Trade
Dougie Hodge

Grove City, PA / Hendersonville, TN USA
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2010 1:12 pm    

For Sale : Bought NEW in Feb. 2010 ! Jackson Madison 63 D-10 8 & 4 . Exotic Birdseye with Vintage Yellowed (Amber) Finish with "Card Cluster" on Front Apron. Action is Incredible, as well as the Sound & Tone! One of the Best Sounding, Sustaining Jackson's, they have ever built!Was asking $4295.00 plus ship. or will consider all trade offers for Emmons D-10 P/P's, I prefer Black, but will consider all, from the years 1965 - 1969. Must be in Excellent condition and NO tinkering done to them. Would the owner of my Black Emmons D-10 P/P Ser. # 1185 D ( photo below), Please get ahold of me? NEW PRICE FOR INCREDIBLE INSTRUMENT! $ 3995.00 plus ship. Also...forgot to tell ya, My, Jackson Madison 63 ,came with custom Black Tooled Leather Paisley, Tolex covered, Thomas Case, like Evans Amps. Pretty sharp looking case.... I must say! Call (724) 372 - 5529 , for Serious Purchasing Question's about this Fine, Fine Instrument! ALSO has: Jackson's "Lifetime of Instrument" Warranty! Thanks and God Bless, Dougie

Last edited by Dougie Hodge on 22 Nov 2010 3:17 pm; edited 7 times in total
Dougie Hodge

Post  Posted 10 Nov 2010 1:21 pm    

More photo's

Andy Narzynski

New York, USA
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2010 2:48 pm     Madison

Hi Guys, these steals are really nice in every way. I have the same exact same one. Smile Andy
Andy Narzynski

New York, USA
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2010 2:50 pm     Madison

I meant steels. Confused Andy
Stuart Devenish

Melbourne, Australia
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2010 5:13 pm    

Hi Dougie,

it would help potential buyers to know why you're selling. Also copedent would assist.
Beautiful instrument you've got there!

Stuart
Dougie Hodge

Post  Posted 10 Nov 2010 5:57 pm    

Standard Emmons pedal and Knee Lever setup. Reason for selling: This is an incredible Instrument! I made a trade with a friend of mine, I had a 1967 Emmons Push/Pull Cut Tail D-10 8 & 4 Black of coarse. It was a blessing to have had her. Serial No. # 1185 D. I've never been the same since. I've tried to get it back with no luck. I've found another one just like it almost, but would still love to get it back where it belongs. I listen to Studio work that I did on it and it's hard to listen to, cause I don't have it anymore. The instrument that becomes part of who you are for lack of better words. Bobbe, my friend, I would please like to get my 1967 Emmons Cut Tail D-10 P/P Serial No. # 1185 D back. Anyhoo...folks that's my story. God bless, and please, if ya could, pray that God will send her home to me, 1967 Emmons D-10 Serial No. # 1185 D 8 & 4 Bless all of you! Thank you Stuart, Yes, the Jackson sure is a beautiful instrument! Looks, Action and Tone!
Here's a photo of me and my 1967 Emmons P/P D-10 Cut Tail 8 & 4 Serial No. # 1185 D
Dougie Hodge

Post  Posted 11 Nov 2010 10:53 am    

bump
Curt Langston

Post  Posted 11 Nov 2010 11:54 am    

Quote:
Bobbe, my friend, I would please like to get my 1967 Emmons Cut Tail D-10 P/P Serial No. # 1185 D back. Anyhoo...folks that's my story. God bless, and please, if ya could, pray that God will send her home to me, 1967 Emmons D-10 Serial No. # 1185 D 8 & 4 Bless all of you!

Dougie, if Bobbe has your guitar, I'm sure he will do all he can to get it back to you. He's been in the business a long time. You don't have a business as established as he has, and not work with people. Don't worry, I bet he'll help you out.

Winking
chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2010 1:10 pm    

so what are you saying? the jackson is for sale, but it doesn't compare to an old emmons p/p??
Dougie Hodge

Post  Posted 11 Nov 2010 2:00 pm    

Yes Chris , the Jackson is for sale! The Jackson Madison 63 D-10 8 & 4, IS a Great Instrument! I have always been an Emmons fanatic, just like my good friend Charlie McVay Jr. "There is nothing like the sound of the older Emmons Push/ Pull's". This is not about rather I like the Jackson or not, it's about a sale. I do like the Jackson! I take nothing away from it's greatness, but I prefer Emmons, or I wouldn't have an Emmons logo tatooed on my arm. If I had the money I'd keep the Jackson too. So...might you be interested in buying the Jackson, Chris, or did you just have a few words to say? Thanks so much and God Bless!
chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2010 2:15 pm    

thanx...i'm always loooking for a good steel. i'm trying to figure out which ones sound the best! thanx.
Dougie Hodge

Post  Posted 13 Nov 2010 9:40 am    

bump for a fine Instrument!
Chris LeDrew

Canada
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2010 2:35 pm    

This is a great deal for arguably the best sounding pedal steel currently in production. I see mica steels for sale at more than this price. It's a no-brainer if you want the ultimate in tone, playability and beauty. If I played the back neck, I'd be staring this one down pretty darn hard.
Dougie Hodge

Post  Posted 14 Nov 2010 5:11 pm    

Bumperoo...gotta keep it in the limelight!
Dougie Hodge

Post  Posted 15 Nov 2010 9:49 am    

bump
Dougie Hodge

Post  Posted 15 Nov 2010 3:15 pm    

Bump NEW PRICE! $3995.00 plus ship. Can't beat it for such an incredible instrument!
Dougie Hodge

Post  Posted 16 Nov 2010 6:53 pm    

bump
Tommy Shown

Denham Springs, La.
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2010 9:54 pm    

You truly can not beat those Push Pulls for the tone. I own a 77' Emmons Push Pull, myself. I bought it used back in 1998. Those Emmons Push Pulls RULE!
I owned a Sho- Bud Pro III All Pull, I bought back in 1980. I sold it in 98', and bought my Emmons, the difference was like night and day, as far as tone and sound.
Tommy Shown
SMFTBL
Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2010 6:03 am     Jackson

Are those Sho-Bud p/u's on the guitar? Thanks.
Dougie Hodge

Post  Posted 18 Nov 2010 4:20 pm    

Well, might as well say it's a Sho~Bud.....built by David and Harry Jackson, Shot's boy's. It's an Incredible sounding and playing Steel! I beleive the Jackson Madison 63 was designed after the old Sho~Bud Permanent. Sustain out the ying-yang!...lol
Bill Bailey

Kingman, AZ
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2010 11:33 pm     pp

There are 6 Emmons Push Pulls on this first page, scroll down and see if one is for you. Good luck getting your baby back Dougie. Personally I love to look at a beautiful wood front apron, no matter what brand.
92 Emmons Lashley LeGrande D-10
Two Nashville 400 Amps and Nashvill 112.
Dougie Hodge

Post  Posted 19 Nov 2010 1:42 pm    

If anyone has a problem getting through to my phone, (724) 372-5529, please e-mail me, or leave a message right here, and I Promise I WILL get back to you A.S.A.P.....I do check in often. Thank You and God Bless, Dougie
Dougie Hodge

Post  Posted 22 Nov 2010 11:46 am    

bump
Dougie Hodge

Post  Posted 22 Nov 2010 2:51 pm    

Howdy Folks, I've had alot of calls and e-mail's about the Madison 63. I've recently looked at the Jackson website, and have seen the photo's of the Madison 63's they are making currently. There are some changes in design in the current one's. I really can't say one way or another if it's better or not....but personally, I feel they had a GREAT thing goin', when they built mine, which is less than a year old ( Purchased 2/3/2010), & my friend Andy's, Jackson Madison 63 steel's! Both Andy and myself can tell you how great our Jackson Madison 63's are! Looks, tone, sustain, and action, and This Jackson really records well! ...all 10's in my book! Folk's this is a great steel for a great price. With a warrantee that will probably last longer than we'll be alive...lol . "Lifetime of Instrument" I wanted to let all of you know that I will consider ALL trade offer's for Emmons P/P D-10's, I prefer Black, but will consider all, from the year 1965 - 1969. Must be in excellent condition and No tinkering done to them. Thanks and God Bless, Dougie
Mike Kowalik

San Antonio,Texas
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2010 5:14 pm    

c'mon people...somebody buy this guitar 'cause this poor guy is starting to lose his mind!!