| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Herby Wallace & Con Hunley
Joel Johnston

Mead, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2006 5:44 pm    

I have always been a big fan of Con Hunley. The man can flat out sing. And I was overjoyed to see recently that HE IS BACK! He just released his second comeback CD. He has a great website found at this link: http://www.conhunley.com/
with pics and sound clips from some of the live events he has been working. I happened to notice that Herby was his steel man at several of these events.
If you like Ray Charles soul but want to keep it more country - Con Hunley is it. All the best of luck to this talented veteran musician and vocalist as he attempts make an impact again on a music industry that probably won't really know how to fully appreciate him.
Ben Lawson

Brooksville Florida
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2006 5:58 pm    

I agree. Con has always been a favorite of mine. Add Herby and you get a great combination. WHATS NEW WITH YOU and THEY NEVER LOST YOU are rwo songs that have more country soul than you'll hear anywhere.
Bob Martin

Madison Tn
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2006 9:07 pm    

Thanks for the link I really love Con's singing what a driving force. He's just one of the best out there. I can't wait to hear his new stuff.

Bob
Doyle Weigold

CColumbia City, IN, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2006 9:59 pm    

I was thinking that he had "No Releif In Sight" but I didn't see it listed. Doyle
Cody Johnson

Cleveland, TN
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2006 8:59 am    

"No Relief in Sight" was on Con's album released a couple year's ago.
Joel Johnston

Mead, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2006 5:07 pm    

"No Relief In Sight" was one of Con's biggest early hits if I remember right - it might seem like it was just a couple of years ago, but I think I've been trying to do justice to that song myself for almost 20 years. I do have Dawn Sears version of it and she handles it very well.
Con Hunley's "Weekend Friend" album is probably my favorite. His versions of "Since I Fell For You" and "That's All That Matters" are hard to beat by any standard.
Jim Saunders

Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2006 5:58 pm    

I always liked Con's version of, "You've Still Got A Place In My Heart", a Merle Haggard tune. Yes, he lays down some Ray Charles licks on the piano and man does he put soul into the vocal!