| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New Jazzabillie CD Taking off like a rocket!!!!!
Scott Henderson

Camdenton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2006 9:57 am    

We are getting great reviews about our new CD "Show Me" Radio stations from the U.S., England, France, and even down under in Australia are requesting the whole CD for airplay. Our first release is "Ain't nobody here but us chickens" Wanna here a sample? www.jazzabillies.com

------------------
Steelin' away in the ozarks and life,
Scott
www.scottyhenderson.com

David Wren

Placerville, California, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2006 3:48 pm    

Very nice!... and Sugar Moon, my all time fav! Best of luck guys, great music.

------------------
Dave Wren
'95Carter S12-E9/B6,7X7; Twin Session 500s; Hilton Pedal; Black Box
www.ameechapman.com

Mike Gross

Manchester, Connecticut, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2006 4:11 pm    

I got wonderful listener reaction to "Detour" from the album last week on "Swingin' West." I have "Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens" with Scotty himself on vocal on my Friday, Jan. 13 show.

Mike Gross www.swinginwest.com
Jimmy Queen

Camdenton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2006 9:42 am    

Thanks Mike for playing the Jazzabillies! We all appreciate what you do for western swing music.

Keep Swingin'

Starla Queen
Jimmy Queen

Camdenton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2006 9:54 am    

You can read press releases and reviews of this cd at www.jazzabillies.com
Thanks!
David Wren

Post  Posted 6 Jan 2006 10:21 am    

Ah, "Detour". This song was written by "Oakie" Paul Westmoreland, of Sacramento, CA. He made enough cash from the royalties to build a large night club on the north end of town, and called it, what else... the Detour Inn. Paul was a fine steel player himself, and I had the pleasure of working at this club for a year in 1973, with his lovely wife Ola Louise. Great folks, and great times, and a great song (nice story too).

------------------
Dave Wren
www.ameechapman.com

Scott Henderson

Camdenton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2006 2:21 pm    

thanks to all who have went to our web site www.jazzabillies.com and be sure and listen in on friday at swinginwest.com as mike will air our latest release " Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens" we appreciate all the help guys

------------------
Steelin' away in the ozarks and life,
Scott
www.scottyhenderson.com

Mike Gross

Post  Posted 11 Jan 2006 3:17 pm    

Scotty,

It will be my pleasure to include the Jazzabillies on "Swingin' West" for the world to hear on Friday's "Swingin' West." Thanks for passing the word. I want to give eveybody a heads up that Scotty both plays some wicked steel licks and really belts out this old Louie Jordan and Asleep at the Wheel memory.

------------------
Mike
David Wren

Post  Posted 13 Jan 2006 8:36 am    

^^^ Bumpin' for the show today.

------------------
Dave Wren
www.ameechapman.com

Mike Gross

Post  Posted 13 Jan 2006 8:50 am    

David,

Thanks so very much!!!!

Mike www.swinginwest.com
Jimmy Queen

Camdenton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2006 9:02 am    

This cd has received accolades from radio stations worldwide including; Australia, Germany, England, Netherlands, and Switzerland. Stations from New England to Sacramento, CA are playing the Jazzabillies. From Austin, TX to Canada, this cd is receiving outstanding reviews. For more information, to listen to song samples, or to purchase the new cd; go to www.jazzabillies.com

Info about the Jazzabillies:
Q-Tone records present the Jazzabillies new cd “Show Me”. The Jazzabillies blend their love of western swing, country, blues, dixieland, and jazz to create their own unique style. The band features Bowling Green, Mo. native Starla Queen; Warrenton, Mo native Jimmy Queen; Eldorado, Ks. Native Scotty Henderson; Dave Owens, formerly of Nashville, TN. The group currently is based out of the Lake of the Ozarks.

Jimmy Queen has performed with Ray Pennington, Ray Price, Wade Ray, Sammi Smith, Johnny Paycheck, Ronnie Milsap, Waylon Jennings, and others. Queen was music director for TNN’s “Pappy’s Place” and performs at various steel guitar shows. Queen received St Louis Entertainer of the Year, Drummer of the Year, and Band Leader of the Year. Starla Queen, Jimmy Dean Country Showdown finalist has performed at various steel guitar shows sharing the stage with Johnny Bush and Curtis Potter. Her rhythm guitar playing and vocals is why her friends call her Starla "Queen of Western Swing". Dave Owens has backed artists such as; George Morgan, Wanda Jackson, Tex Williams, Leona Williams, Ferlin Huskey, Jan Howard, Darrell McCall, Charlie Louvin, David Houston, Johnny Western, Lefty Frizzell, Hank Williams Junior and others. Owens recorded with artists Wynn Stewart, Peggy Sue, Sonny Wright, Sheb Wooley, Jerry Wallace and others. Owens received Entertainer of the Year at the Central Country News Awards, a Grammy nominee for "Jukebox Saturday Night", and is a Missouri Country Music Hall of Fame member. Scotty Henderson, Kansas Steel Guitar Hall of Fame member, appears at steel guitar shows and has worked with Charlie Daniels, Wanda Jackson, Hank Thompson, and appeared on the Lee Mace Country Music Show. The cd features Ernie Reed on fiddle who appeared courtesy of Mel Tillis and Reed formerly traveled with Ray Price.

[This message was edited by Jimmy Queen on 16 January 2006 at 09:06 AM.]

Jimmy Queen

Camdenton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2006 9:05 am    

Mike

Thanks so much for playing "Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens" and "Detour"! We do appreciate it. You do such a fantastic job promoting western swing - Our hats off to you! Keep up the great work.

For those who have never listened to Mike's show "Swingin' West" - listen every Fri 1-4pm at www.swinginwest.com You can also listen at twangtown 24 hours per day - more information about that is on Mike's website!

Keep Swingin'
Starla Queen
Mike Gross

Post  Posted 16 Jan 2006 9:43 am    

Starla,

Thanks so very much for your kind plug for "Swingin' West." It is always my pleasure to play those wonderful sounds of your Country Crickets group and now The Jazzabillies. Yes, this Friday I have the first recording ever of the song "Detour" from 1945 by Jimmy Walker with the songwriter, Paul Westmoreland on Steel Guitar, back to back with the tremendous new version by the Jazzabillies.

Starla and Jimmy Queen also have their own wonderful Western Swing DJ show on the third Thursday of every month right here on Steel Guitar radio.com

Mike Gross www.swinginwest.com
Jimmy Queen

Camdenton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2006 11:20 am    

^