| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Why Wait - Rascal Flatts - Steel Player???
Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2010 12:52 am    

New song by Rascal Flatts called Why Wait. Can't find credits on the 'net as the album isn't out yet. According to what I have read, they did half the album in Nashville and the rest in Los Angeles using LA musicians. Any idea who the musicians are? I'm too impatient to wait for the CD.

For Brett Day Who is their road player?
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, Recording King Professional Dobro, NV400, NV112,Ibanez Gio guitar, Epiphone SG Special (open D slide guitar) . Playing for 54 years and still counting.
Bo Borland

South Jersey -
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2010 1:38 am    

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=185815
Richard Sinkler

Post  Posted 15 Nov 2010 7:06 am    

Thanks Bo... I forgot that it was Travis in their road band. That is a nice guitar in that other thread.

I know Travis pops in here at times, maybe he can fill me in on the player on the upcoming "Why Wait" CD
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, Recording King Professional Dobro, NV400, NV112,Ibanez Gio guitar, Epiphone SG Special (open D slide guitar) . Playing for 54 years and still counting.
Stephen Gregory

Post  Posted 15 Nov 2010 7:56 am    

Travis Toy is a great musician. http://www.myspace.com/travistoy
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2010 9:53 am    

Travis Toy is Rascal Flatts' steel player. Before joining Rascal Flatts, he toured with Patty Loveless. When he started touring with Rascal Flatts, he played an Emmons steel and switched to Mullen a few years later.

Brett
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2010 10:30 am    

I saw Travis with the boys on Letterman last night. I couldn't really see enough of him to tell what steel he was playing....and sorry, I'm not sure what song they sung.

I could hear him fine though and it was nice to see a steel guitar on national tv.
Richard Sinkler

Post  Posted 16 Nov 2010 10:56 am    

That was "Why Wait", the song I am wondering about. The guitar appears to be the chrome Mullen G2 that is shown in the thread Bo referenced above. The album is called "Nothing Like This" and is supposed to be out today. AllMusic.com lists the album now, but no credits yet.
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2010 12:48 pm    

Richard Sinkler wrote:
That was "Why Wait", the song I am wondering about. The guitar appears to be the chrome Mullen G2 that is shown in the thread Bo referenced above. The album is called "Nothing Like This" and is supposed to be out today. AllMusic.com lists the album now, but no credits yet.

On the record, the steel player is probably Paul Franklin. He's been playin' steel on their last few records.

Brett
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2010 1:52 pm    

Way to go Brett. Jody.
Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2010 2:19 pm    

I just bought it today and am listening.
Credit goes to Dan Dugmore.
Alot of good songs and steel work & I recommend it! Smile
Richard Sinkler

Post  Posted 16 Nov 2010 5:29 pm    

Thanks Teresa. Is there any chance you can post the other players. The article in the link below stated they recorded some of the album here in California with new musicians.

CLICK HERE FOR ARTICLE
Kevin Hatton

Buffalo, N.Y.
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2010 5:33 pm    

Yes, Dan Dugmore.
Ray Minich

Bradford, Pa. Frozen Tundra
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2010 5:39 pm    

Yeah! Neat. Good to hear one of the legendaries is still doin' legendary work. Wink