| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Emmons LeGrand with 8 and 4
C Dixon

Duluth, GA USA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2010 1:55 pm    

The following Emmons LeGrande II with 8 and 4

Is immediately "FOR SALE".

Q. Why?

A. The original buyer did not want it.

Q. Why?

A. 4 pull rods fell out and he was afraid to keep it.

Q. Did you return his money in full?

A. Yes.

Q. How much are you asking?

A. $2650.00

Q. How much for shipping?

A. NO shipping charges any where in the contiguous United States.

Q. Will you take trades?

A. No. Crying or Very sad

Q. Is that price firm.

A. As the sun comes up in the morning.

Q. If I do not like it, can I ship it back and get a full refund?

A. You have 10 days upon delivery. If you are not satisfied for ANY reason, ship it back (sorry I must ask you to pay for that), and when the guitar arrives at my house, you will immediately be sent a check for $2650.00.

Note: this assumes there is a Fedex open near by. If not, as soon as it opens.

Q. When will you ship it?

A. When two things occur:

1. I have spared NO expense to bring this guitar back up to factory specs, down to the last screw!

2. I receive your check and it has cleared YOUR bank. For then I know it will be secured at some later date in my bank.

3. You do NOT have to send the full amount. $100.00 will hold it; until I have restored it to Emmons Factory Specs; down to the last bit of hand rubbing; after cleaning it and polishing it from apetite to Glutumous Maximous.

Q. If I don't like it for ANY reason, and send it back; and you refund the $2650.00 in full; will you offer this deal to anyone else?

A. NO. I am not a rich man. That could be a never ending (until the money was gone) "diminishing return". So the 10 day money back guarantee is ONLY for the first time buyer. And the same thing goes for the shipping cost to the second buyer.

Otherwise it might nevah end! HeeHee Smile

I want to sell it, not play tennis with it. Whoa!

Also, the second buyer, sorry, all sales final. Crying or Very sad

Q. Will you show pictures from apetite to G....... of it, before you ship it, if I give you the $100.00 up front?

A. Does a bear !@#$%$ in the woods?

A. Does the sun rise in the morning?

A. And I will even throw in a Brand new set of strings on Both necks, and tune it to a precision strobe tuner. After I have pre stretched the strings a half a tone, for 24 hours.

A. And I will send enough photos, for you to KNOW that my word is good. And I do not lie about this. AND have not.

Q. Are you qualified to work on the world's second greatest PSG?

A. Well, been doing it for 41 years! But so has others. Better 'aks' fellow forumites Bobby Boggs and Doc Rickles. If they don't give a good report, then don' buy it Embarassed

Remember, ya got 10 days, NO questions asked. For a full refund. 'Cept you have to pay the shipping back Crying or Very sad . And yes again, I will pay the shipping to you.

And if per chance, it shows in that polished aluminum, that you are ugly (heehee), send it back, cuz me polisher was greasy! Very Happy And that would prove I do not know what I am doing. And who in the pluperfect hallelujah wants that? huh jellybean? Winking

Q. How much time will it take to bring it up to factory specs?

A. However much time it takes working 8 full hours a day M-F. I would go more, but at age 78 my feet kill me even at 8. Crying or Very sad

Q. How much time do you anticipate.

A. Baring any unforseen problems (I do not expect any), 2 weeks at the maximum from the time I receive the parts, until it ships.

Q. When will you order the parts?

A. Billy Knowles (Emmons dealer and true friend, and honest expert),is going to Emmons this week or next week, and has been kind enough to have the parts shipped to me; right from the factory.

Note: When I received the guitar on Nov 1st, it came with no shipping carton. I will have Billy have Emmons put all the parts in a brand new Emmons shipping carton, and I will use that to ship your New used Smile Factory Specked Emmons LeGrande II with 8 and 4, "die wreck" to yo doe!

Gar OWN teed!

Q. Will you put my copedent on there?

A. As long as you don't need more than 2 pulls on any crossrod, except for RKR and RKL. And mighty pleased to do it Mr Buyer.

Q. And if I do?

A. Ya gotta pay for them pahdnah. Same for additional knee levers, etc. Remember, I have to wait until my rich uncle gets out of the poor house, afore I kin git me a brand new cadilac! HeeHee. And start passin out Free Hununt dollah bills.

Have mercy me.

Q. Final question?

A. Shoot!

Q. where does YO live?

A. Rat cher:

carl dixon
863 Lakeshore Dr
Berkeley Lake, Ga 30096

Q. Ooops one more.

A. Double shoooot! Rolling Eyes

Q. Where did the buyer get it?

A. From someone else.

Q. who was that?

Rolling Eyes Razz Cool Laughing Wink Rolling Eyes

I respectfully decline to answer the question YO honor, for it may incriminate me, and frankly, I am not sure my 78yr old "ticker" can take much more.

Thanks for asking.

c.

Q. I was just testing you. I don't need a guitar. But I am sure someone will buy this fine Guitar.

Very Happy Smile Surprised Laughing

A. If Jesus willing, there is NO doubt. And may Jesus richly bless you all, always. And that is NO "lie".

Washington, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2010 3:26 pm    

Carl I am glad that you stressed the honesty of Billy Knowles ( Emmons Dealer ) He is honest and a
Christian and a friend of mine.
C Dixon

Duluth, GA USA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2010 4:28 pm    

Paul Norman wrote:
Carl I am glad that you stressed the honesty of Billy Knowles ( Emmons Dealer ) He is honest and a
Christian and a friend of mine.

Amen Paul,

It would be hard to find a better man. I am humbled to have him as a friend,

c.

Post  Posted 7 Nov 2010 5:17 pm    

I wish you the best of luck Carl, it looks like a fine guitar (my sister's favorite color too). I'm sure it won't be on the market long.
C Dixon

Duluth, GA USA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2010 5:36 pm    

Very Happy Dickie

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2010 8:51 pm    

Folks, if you're in the market for a D-10 8 x 4 Legrande II? This is the best deal of 010.Period. The big plus. You'll be getting a guitar that plays just as good as a brand new LII. I know Carl Dixon. This guitar will not leave his shop till it's as perfect as a LeGrande II can be. I know. I own some of his work.

Also, there's 0 chance getting beat out of one penny of your money.

So to recap. A guitar with all it's parts. Set-up to factory specks. And zero chance you'll get beat out of your hard earned money. Priceless.
bb
Tony Glassman

The Great Northwest
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2010 11:01 pm    

Nice looking guitar! Whoa!
Jim Parker

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2010 6:09 am     Good luck with the sale Carl

Nice lookin' axe, Carl. If I hadn't just bought a D10 (and I'm a humble learner), this would be the deal of the century. Best wishes. Very Happy
Roger Kelly

Bristol,Tennessee
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2010 7:07 am    

Carl, sent you a message about buying the Emmons.
Check your mail.
Clark Doughty

KANSAS
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2010 8:53 am     Emmons LaGrande with 8 & 4

Carl,
Please read the following:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logorrhoea
Have you ever heard of "one liners? Very Happy
C Dixon

Duluth, GA USA
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2010 10:31 am     Re: Emmons LaGrande with 8 & 4

Clark Doughty wrote:
Carl,
Please read the following:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logorrhoea
Have you ever heard of "one liners? Very Happy

Indeed I have Clark. Like.........

"Why seek ye the mote in thy brother's eye, and overlook the beam in thine own eye?" Very Happy

Bristol,Tennessee
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2010 11:15 am    

Carl, I responded to your message @ your yahoo.com mail.
Hope you get it.
Dickie Whitley

Post  Posted 8 Nov 2010 3:21 pm    

With all due respect Clark, my opinion would be that would be more fitting for Bill Hankey than Carl.
C Dixon

Duluth, GA USA
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2010 3:36 pm    

We have a confirmed buy. Praise Jesus.

The sale will not be consumated until the buyer is satisfied. If for ANY reason, the first buyer does not want the guitar, he may return it within 10 days, and he receives a full refund. No questions asked.

We have a second buyer, who has been confirmed to be 1st in line if the 1st buyer sends it back.

If there are any other prospective buyers, you will be placed in a que. IE First come, first served.

Now, look at the following photos:

This is how I received the guitar. Look at the next photos:

This is what I just got done with. IE: ALL non Emmons parts; or altered parts; or parts that need parts; have been removed, except for one. And that is the short crossrod between pedal 8 crossrod and RKL crossrod.

I have never seen a short crossrod placed in this position. Since it is stainless steel, I KNOW it did not come from Emmons. When it got in there, I have NO idea. But it is being removed.

Notice two things:

1. LKL crossrod is not the right part.

2. RKR crossrod is missing all together.

3. I believe the crossrod in LKL position belongs in RKR location.

I will remove it from its present location and reinstall it in its rightful place, and order a new LKL crossrod from Emmons, along with ALL the missing parts that are over and above what was sent to me in the mail.

I will contact Billy Knowles later to give him a complete list of Emmons parts; so he can have them shipped to me; when he gets to Emmons factory this week or next week.

I will post photos when it is finished

May Jesus lead me in every way, to restore a mess, to the world's 2nd greatest PSG; that hopefully, any one would be proud of.

c.

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2010 4:56 pm    

Shocked Carl i think i have heard this guitar before ! I could be wrong though ! I believe it was at one of our jams . G.P.
Johnny Thomasson

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2010 5:54 pm    

Carl, I'm thrilled that you sold the guitar so quickly. I hope you enjoy the restoration project.

Mr. Kelly, you are getting a fine guitar. I wish it was coming to my house.

Congratulations to both of you!

Duluth, GA USA
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2010 6:53 pm    

Gary and Johnny,

Smile sooo much dear brothers,

c.

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2010 5:58 am    

Good work, Carl!

What are the bell-cranks on the first four cross-rods in the top picture, please? I wish my Emmons(es) had them - I might be tempted to make changes to my set-up with those 'open' style ones. The standard 'E' clips defeat me!
C Dixon

Duluth, GA USA
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2010 7:06 am    

Roger Rettig wrote:
Good work, Carl!

What are the bell-cranks on the first four cross-rods in the top picture, please? I wish my Emmons(es) had them - I might be tempted to make changes to my set-up with those 'open' style ones. The standard 'E' clips defeat me!

Oh my dear brother Roger,

You do NOT want those in your Emmons. This is why I am having to remove them and put the Emmons' bellcranks back in there. The following is the scoop:

Those are Fessenden bellcranks, designed for Fessenden PSG's.

In order for those to have worked, you need a pullrod that is LARGER than the Emmons' changer was designed to handle. So the person that did that, HAD to use a smaller rod. But that means they will NOT stay in the Fessenden bellcranks.

So every time the player (AFTER receiving the guitar from the "emmons expert") pressed a pedal, one or more pullrods shot out the right end of the guitar!

And why I am going through all this time and expense to get it back to Emmons specs.

The ONLY disadvantage to the Emmons bellcrank is of course the E clips. They are a pain I admit. But the advantages by FAR outweigh that lone disadvantage.

As I have stated many times, IMO, the Emmons 14 bellcrank IS the greatest advancement to PSG since its inception, because it permits an almost continuously variable timing of ALL pulls on a pedal or knee lever.

IE: All pulls start and stop at the exact same time. This makes a pedal or knee lever feel velvety smooth; assuming there is no drag or binding at the pivot points.

Thanks for asking dear friend,

c.

PS. If you want them, I will be happy to send them to you. I will pick up the shipping costs also. Just let me know kind Sir. There is a dozen or more. And I have absolutely no use for them. Smile

Wilmington, NC, USA
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2010 9:38 am    

Mr. Dixon -- If Mr. Rettig doesn't want those Fessy bellcranks, I'd like to have them.

I'm in the (very, very) slow process of building an S-10 and need a few more. Since I haven't made any crossbars yet, I can fabricate them to match whatever bellcranks I decide to use.

Thanks!
C Dixon

Duluth, GA USA
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2010 9:58 am    

Bill Ladd wrote:
Mr. Dixon -- If Mr. Rettig doesn't want those Fessy bellcranks, I'd like to have them.

I'm in the (very, very) slow process of building an S-10 and need a few more. Since I haven't made any crossbars yet, I can fabricate them to match whatever bellcranks I decide to use.

Thanks!

Bill,

So sorry, another is already in line, if Mr Rettig does not want them. IF per chance it should filter down to you,

They are IN the mail. Promise. "jes gimee your adress dear friend,

c.

Post  Posted 9 Nov 2010 11:12 am    

Quote:
So every time the player (AFTER receiving the guitar from the "emmons expert:) pressed a pedal, one or more pullrods shot out the right end of the guitar!

Sounds to me like the so-called "Emmons expert", expertly removed the Emmons bellcranks, to be used on another project!

I'm so sorry that you got taken advantage of Carl.

This is disheartening.......

A reknowned "expert" throwing his whole credibility and future in the repairing business, for a handful of stupid bellcranks!!

I hope it does not turn out the way it did for Judas, when he realized his grave error and threw the silver coins into the street!!

But do not despair, as you are "laying up treasures'

Winking
Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2010 12:03 pm    

Carl - many thanks for your reply. I'll take your advice and leave things as they are.

I thought they looked familiar; I had a Fessenden briefly, so that's where I'd seen them before. Now you've explained things I'll stick with the 14-hole 'cranks. In any case, Dave Robbins is usually responsible for making changes on my guitars - it's just that I feel a bit stupid not being able to easily do it myself. Bud Vanderberg has told me about a tool that helps with the 'E' clips; I think I'll get me one.....

Very Happy
C Dixon

Duluth, GA USA
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2010 1:46 pm    

Curt Langston wrote:
Quote:
So every time the player (AFTER receiving the guitar from the "emmons expert:) pressed a pedal, one or more pullrods shot out the right end of the guitar!

Sounds to me like the so-called "Emmons expert", expertly removed the Emmons bellcranks, to be used on another project!

I'm so sorry that you got taken advantage of Carl.

This is disheartening.......

A reknowned "expert" throwing his whole credibility and future in the repairing business, for a handful of stupid bellcranks!!

I hope it does not turn out the way it did for Judas, when he realized his grave error and threw the silver coins into the street!!

But do not despair, as you are "laying up treasures'

Winking

Curt it may just go even deeper than Judas. Follow along:

If you were satan (God forbid), and you wanted and tried with ALL of your evil power, to get EVERY one to lie, steal, cheat, hate, gossip, covet, murder, covet, blahspeme, etc,

AND some ocassionally are touched by the holy spirit, and do a 180; what would you do to get even, and laugh at Jesus; who by the way, kicked you out of heaven 6,000 yrs ago?

And history has proven just HOW effective his evil power truly is. Check it out! End of story.

Thanks dear brother,

c.

Wilmington, NC, USA
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2010 3:25 pm    

Thanks Mr. Dixon.