| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bobbe Seymour
Bruce Deamude

Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2010 9:45 am    

I'm listening to Bobbe's 24-7 audio streaming - some awesome steel there. Sure makes painting ceilings go a lot better. Incidentally, Bobbe if you see this, I'd come pretty close to turning in my mother-in law for the tab of "Release Me".
Bruce.
Eric West

Portland, Oregon, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2010 3:46 pm    

Tell you what.

I can't say enough about Bobbe's Records, CDs, and his PLAYING.

I've suggested his CDs for people at the "intermediate" level when they've asked for the best learning/listening PSG music.

Besides being the EASIEST player I know of to listen to and enjoy, there's a "je ne se quat" about his playing that I think I figured out listening to his "Masterpiece Collection".

IF Bobbe reads this (he he.. I'll probably hear about it... Oh well.

Over the years, besides his playing career with our favorite artists the everyone names.. he has had "in his store" on a regular basis, the BEST and MOST CURRENT of Nashville's Great Players... In the week that I was there 'hanging around', I saw, met, and heard Tommy White, Doug Jernigan, Russ, Lynn O, Lloyd Green, Mike Sweeney, Bob Knight, and god help me if I've forgotten a few. That's just in ONE WEEK, about 5 yrs ago. With Terry Crisp around there, and at least a dozen of Nv's TOP players in and out of his store on any given weekday, he's ALWAYS been kept abreast of the latest "hooks", from Mike Johnson, Buddy Emmons, Bobby Garrett etc to just guys that come in to play the "Can I Help You Lick", he's INCORPORATED about every interesting one he ever heard into his Records and CDs.

He has very little pressure to "avoid" these little trills and hooks or "try not to sound like Pete Drake, or not to copy John Hughey, or not to use the most well known BE licks. He just plays what he feels and uses the best of what he's heard.

The GEMs are EVERYWHERE in his recordings.

Throw all that together with the smoothness and powerful chord movement of Bill Stafford, the Heart of JCD, and the willingness to do new stuff of Julian Tharpe and the chordiness of Curley, and in the total mix, be the MOST listenable Pedal Steel Guitar Music, and what else.....

He's GIVEN AWAY more music than most pedal steel guitar artists have SOLD thanks to a string of rich wives.....

Now what was the question...?

Love ya Bobbe.

We all do.

Smile

EJL

Last edited by Eric West on 6 Nov 2010 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wally Taylor

Hardin, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2010 6:26 pm    

If Bobbe ever puts out another cd, I know who I am gonna nominate to write the liner notes. Well said Mr. Eric, well said and all so true. Very Happy
Ron Brennan

Orlando, Florida, USA; Formerly, Edison, NJ
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2010 8:28 pm    

Everything Eric said about Bobbe and then some!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Besides most of his CD's, especially the C&W "Masterpiece Collection" and "No Peddlers allowed" all have these special musical gems that stand out that you just gotta try......"Uh, how'd he do that?" Whoa! Shocked ........After a while, you'll pick it out....lots of fun. His VHS and DVD's lessons are fun and very helpful too. Cool

Bobbe has been a great inspiration for me and along with Jody Carver!! Way to go!! TX

Rgds & Blue Skies,

Ron
"67" All Original Telecaster & Original Owner
"86" Peavey Factory Modified NV 400,
"60"Fender Concert Amp 4-10"s, RV-3, Upgraded chip set GE-7 EQ, CH1 Chorus, DS-1, Hilton, BJS Bar.
Ray McCarthy

New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2010 2:44 am    

Listening to Bobbe's "Pure Country Steel" and "Steel Guitar Favorites" tapes over and over again in the car in the early 90s is what got me off my (pushin' fifty) duff to finally take up the steel guitar. Very Happy
Thanks, Bobbe Exclamation
Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2010 4:56 am    

I've said it before on here, but I still think that Bobbe's Rhythmatic album is the most diverse and beautifully produced steel guitar project ever. It's up there alongside Reece Anderson's big band album for me.

Having said that, his 'As Time Goes By' album takes some beating for sheer listenability.

Now if only Bobbe could get his tone sorted out. Laughing
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,