| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Lindstroem CD-Steelers Of The World Song
Joy Wofford

Battle Creek, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 26 Nov 2005 4:41 pm    

Hi everyone. Ulla Lindstroem (wife of Uwe Haegg, Forum member, Denmark)has released her new CD called A Dream Come True. It was produced along with Mike Headrick, who also plays Steelguitar, Dobro, Guitars, Banjo, and Mandolin throughout. Kenny Berry (bass), Bob Courter (drums), Nick Holman(piano & keyboard), and Jim Unger(fiddle) are also playing on it.

This is Ulla's first professional CD. In an earlier post I mentioned her song called It's Buying Time Again, a hit in Europe and Australia on the radio...a song referring to musicians in general and how we all keep needing to buy new "toys" all of the time. This song is on the CD, along with 11 other tunes that Ulla wrote. One of these songs is called Steeler's Of The World. It's a song about how she views steelers in general...and about being married to one.

She has mentioned the Forum in her liner notes of the CD, TWICE!!! Once, under her dedications as she explains about her Steelers song and why she wrote it as a tribute to all the Steel Guitar players on 'The Forum'...and then under special thankyou's she thanks The Steel Guitar Forum for it's help in keeping Country Music alive, and for helping her make contact with Mike Headrick.

She is in the midst of posting a sample of her music on her website, and when that's ready, she'll post a link here for everyone to hear.

I already have a copy of the CD, and it's very enjoyable listening. Ulla writes and sings about people, places, and experiences that she's encountered firsthand. Give it a listen and see what you think!

Here's the link to Ulla's site. Go visit and read her story, and PLEASE sign her guest book while you're there!!!
http://www.ullali.com/

Joy

[This message was edited by Joy Wofford on 27 November 2005 at 03:32 PM.]

[This message was edited by Joy Wofford on 29 November 2005 at 09:08 PM.]

Joy Wofford

Post  Posted 27 Nov 2005 9:09 am    

bump
Uwe Haegg

Hilleroed, Denmark
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2005 4:47 am    

Bump!
Darryl Hattenhauer

Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2005 10:05 am    

Jay,
Do you know the url for her site? It's ok if it's in Danish. I can read it. (Nobody can pronounce it.)

------------------
"Elmore James kept playing the same licks over and over, but I get the feeling he meant it." Frank Zappa
Joy Wofford

Post  Posted 29 Nov 2005 9:10 pm    

Here's the link to Ulla's site. Please be sure and sign her guest book while you're there. http://www.ullali.com/
Mike Headrick

South Pittsburg, TN, USA
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2005 3:33 am    

Ulla & Ewe,

I just received copies of the CD for the players and myself. Thanks! It looks really good and I think you have a great CD you can be proud of. Ulla, you did a splendid job writing and singing the songs. It was a very nice experience being involved in the project. My best wishes in your success with it. Uwe, your sensitive ears were zt peak level suring the mixing process and your contribution to the project is not to be understated.

All the best,

Mike H
Charlie McDonald

out of the blue
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2005 4:48 am    

She looks like she's having too much fun in the studio.
Joy Wofford

Post  Posted 2 Dec 2005 10:42 am    

Last bump
Ulla Lindstroem

Hilleroed, Denmark
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2005 2:14 am    

THAANK you dear Joy for your enthusiastic and kind promotion of my CD and songs! It's amazing how one can make new good friends these days at the internet! You really should consider to be a promoter!

Thanks Darryl for your interrest!

And Mike..THANKS A LOT for your kind words and compliments. Coming from you, it means a world to me! If it weren't for you and your great team at Mikons, my dream wouldn't have come true, the great way it did!

And Charlie: YEAH you're right...the happiest, best time of my life! I just couldn't help smiling, even if I had wanted to! Thanks for your comment.

All my best to all of you
Ulla

------------------
Ulla Smile)