| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  A L@@K in too... " .“Fast Track Method”".
David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2010 5:51 am    

Hi All,
Well, Monday was first day for the Boy's.. and it was Teresa'a birthday, and there Wedding Anniversary!!! So the Party was on after School!!..Maurices 2 Daughters showed up with cake and flowers!!, Big Surprise for Teresa!!..
We will have a Jam tonight!!! should be fun!!..More pictures as all this goes on..

[

Last edited by David Wright on 13 Oct 2010 5:17 am; edited 3 times in total
Sidney Malone

Buna, TX
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2010 11:09 am    

Now that's the kind of boot camp I could get into!! I know those guys are having a blast..... leaving with more steel knowledge is just "icing on the cake"!! I sure wish I could be there!!

Thanks for the "inside" look David!

Congrats to Reece & Teresa on another year!!
Dennis Atkins

St. Paul, Minnesota
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2010 1:40 pm    

Happy Aniversary and Birthday to you. Hope you had a great time. The pictures seem to say that. Best wishes to a great couple.

Dennis
David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2010 5:11 am    

Well, Day 2...All went well, the Boy's learned some new things.. We had a BBQ, and a jam session, Jr Knight and Serran came over , By the way, ."Saran" doing GREAT!! and Jeff Agnew and his wife Pam... We all played, just a Great time had by all!!! heres some pictures from last night..

Last edited by David Wright on 13 Oct 2010 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Junior Knight

Eustace Texas..paddle faster..I hear Banjos...
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2010 5:51 am    

Just wanted to say thanks to Reese and Teresa for the invite to the steel camp..we had a great time. And David..sure was some goooooood hot dogs!!
Like I said,u sure made *Red* a good wife..lol...but ur spealin ain't TWO good..Saran...not Serran..oh well 1 out of 2 ain't bad...lol
great to see everyone there last nite.
texsteelman2@yahoo.com

Jagwire Strings
Facebook/ Junior Knight, Steel Guitar
David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2010 6:10 am    

JR,
Sorry about the spelling... it is not a strong point of mine Confused but am a good "Wife" for Red Very Happy Very Happy and as always you played your A$$ off, even on a strange guitar..
But most of all it was Great to see Saran was doing so WELL!!!.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Jeff Agnew

Dallas, TX
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2010 3:49 am    

Echoing Junior's comments of thanks to Reece & Teresa for the hospitality (and for leaving the game on while we played Very Happy First playoff win in Rangers history, yay!)

I applaud all the students for jumping right in and taking turns in that last jam. That's not an easy thing to do but nobody flinched, especially Jeff Harbour, who said he'd only been playing five years. I couldn't pick my nose after five years. It's easy to see that you folks understand and are already beginning to apply what Reece has taught you in such a short time. Kudos to all of you.

Junior and David, it was great to see you both again, along with your lovely ladies. Especially to see Saran doing great so soon after surgery.

My favorite moment of the night: After already having played the fire out of Reece's guitar for an hour, and taking his turn playing "Undecided" in Bb, Junior pointed at the back neck, looked over at me with a bewildered expression and said, "This thing's in 'C', ain't it?"
David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2010 5:24 am    

This is your Fast Track reporter,
Yesterday was last day for the Boy's, they learned some Swing, and sub cords, @ 5 it was over, they all received a wealth of info in the past 3 days.. on that they ALL agreed Whoa! We had a Birthday Boy also Jammie turns 60 today!!! I can't begin to tell you how much fun we all had in the past 3 day's, and all the learning that came with it..After dinner, we all sat out and maurice told Funny , great stories about all his years playing ... and things that happened...

I want to thank Jammie, Ron, Jeff, & Sonny for all the fun we had , and most of all a safe trip home..and Chris for the Great Coffee he sent from Portland!!!

As you can see even the dogs were plum wore out!!!!

Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2010 7:13 am     Wow...

My friend Jeff Harbour with Jr. Knight looking over his shoulder. I'd of had a melt down for sure. Boys that cake sure looked good. Congrats and happy birthday! Jeff, what a great experience that must have been. And to all, I'm sure it must have been a great and enlightening time.
Christopher Woitach

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2010 10:27 pm    

I'm glad you all had such a great time (not there was any doubt!). Glad you enjoyed the coffee - it made me feel like I was there, at least in spirit!
Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2010 6:25 am    

Well,,I have returned home with enough information and study material to last me a looong, looooong time! I would VERY highly recommend this "camp",,but be prepared to absorb some real musical knowledge,,,the whys,,whens,,,and hows,,,not just a bunch of licks! This is a chance to benefit from Reece's YEARS of musical knowledge!!!

And the hospitality is GREAT,,,they make you feel right at home. And those two French girls that live with'em,,whoaaa,,,, (I guess they are French,,Fiette and Evette),,,an added bonus,,,very beautiful,,,and very affectionate,,,I mean,,,like sit on your lap and,,,???,,,and they really took to me,,guess they like old guys,,,oh,,,did I mention they are dogs?,,,,(no,,,not the kind of dogs you're used to waking up with after too much to drink,,,these are REAL dogs,,,poodles I think,,,,)

Anyway,,,had a great time,,,learned a lot,,,made new friends,,,ready to move my playing to next level!!! Better get signed up.
Doug Childress

Orange, Texas
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2010 10:56 am    

I am looking forward to the March camp!!
David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2010 4:46 am    

Doug,
Look forward to having you here!!!

Sonny,
Had a great time with you, Red was still laughing on your comment about being seen with no cloths on Laughing Laughing Laughing Did the french girls witness this??
Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2010 5:32 am    

Hey Dave,,,same here!!,,really good to get acquainted with you,,,,!! Yeh,,when that soap dispenser fell in the shower I figured the whole household would be up there,,,,and that would have been a "pitiful" sight!!!

(Hope everyone don't get the wrong idea about the kind of place Reece and Theresa are running there????)
Jamie Howze

Boise, ID
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2010 8:02 am    

This camp was a wonderful experience for us all. Reece and Teresa made us feel like family, and the instruction was like no other I've ever been offered. Reece has an great method and imparts it so incredibly well. I highly recommend the camps to anyone who would like to take their playing to the next level and have a great time doing it. A big shout out and thanks to Christopher Woitach for the excellent coffee he sent us to celebrate the first camp.

This was simply the best.
Jamie
Jeff Harbour

Western Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2010 1:35 pm    

I had the time of my life!
I made it back home right on schedule after a visit in Oklahoma. Thanks again to Reece & Teresa!
To my fellow campers... Sonny, Jamie, and Ron... I'm glad to now have you all as friends. Hope we all can be back down there again.
I really enjoyed the jam with David, Junior, Jeff, and Reece of course. I appreciate everything you all did.
Dick Sexton, I'm sending you an email about something this weekend.

Jeff