| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Grievous Angel: The Legend of Gram Parsons in Northern Cal.
Michael Bate

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2010 9:46 am    

Grievous Angel: The Legend of Gram Parsons, is on tour of Northern California, Portland and Seattle, Oct. 8-23.
The show is a theatrical concert about the original cosmic cowboy, with Al Bragg, one of Canada’s top steelers, in the cast.
Check it out at www.legendofgramparsons.com.
The Tour Page has details about our gigs.
Hope to see you there.

Michael Bate
Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2010 10:02 am    

Good luck with the project, Michael. Hope you bring it to the East coast someday too. Any plans for that?
Michael Bate

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2010 10:11 am     Grievous Angel on the East Coast

Hi Jim,

Thanks.
Yes, I'm putting together an East Coast tour for early spring. We will be in Tennessee/South Carolina/Florida in February (avoiding the Canadian winter). I'll keep you posted.
regards,
m
Michael Bate

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2010 10:19 am     Grievous Angel: The Legend of Gram Parsons in Northern Cal.

At the risk of blowing our own horns, here's a review we got for the show in Montreal last week:

Grievous Angel: The Legend of Gram Parsons is a triumph from its first moment to its last...Anders Drerup as Gram [conveys] a real sense of the singer's fears and hopes....The inspired selection of songs is played with precision, joy and respect by a stellar band and two singers with riveting chemistry. Drerup and Kelly Prescott as Emmylou Harris [make] unforgettable moments of duets like Love Hurts and Return of the Grievous Angel.
--Bernard Perusse, Montreal Gazette, Sept. 18, 2010.
Bob Blair

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2010 4:03 pm    

Michael, congratulations on the show! Someone was just telling me about it the other day.

You and I met in Kingston literally decades ago. At a club called "Dollar Bill's" where you were playing with Ian Tamblyn. The reason I remember it so well is I was in the market for a professional calibre steel, and you told me about a place in Mississauga called "Southdown Music", and about the great work Bob Lucier was doing on Sho Buds. I went there almost immediately and picked up a blonde LDG that lasted me quite a few years. I don't believe we've crossed paths since, but from time to time I read a certain magazine that you had some involvement in......
Michael Bate

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2010 6:06 am     Grievous Angel: The Legend of Gram Parsons in Northern Cal.

Bob,
Yes, I remember that Kingston gig really well. Ian Tamblyn did his folk-rock thing, the drummer figured he was Billy Cobham, the bassist went all Jaco Pastorius, and I pretended to be Buddy Emmons. Train wreck!
But something good came of it--you got yourself a great guitar!
cheers,
m
Bob Blair

Post  Posted 23 Sep 2010 7:09 am    

Michael the train wreck did not survive in my obviously selective memory. Yeah, that LDG (which was one of those oddball ones with the aluminum neck) took me to a few places (mostly low Toronto dives) and made me thousands.......
Bob Blair

Post  Posted 23 Sep 2010 2:07 pm    

This needs a bump to the top!

Al Bragg is a great player.