| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Videos from Livingston, Louisiana
Danny Harrell

Livingston, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2010 5:32 am    

Here are some links to view videos from our show, Livingston Parish Country and Gospel Jubilee. Sorry about the video quality. Hope you enjoy our band!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XRzyNxKg-c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APvBoWP61eo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARZx-MxYnqE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kECd5-VilxI

Here's another video, hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbd8PzTpS7Q

Last edited by Danny Harrell on 18 Sep 2010 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Greg Wisecup

Troy, Ohio
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2010 7:42 am    

GREAT playin Danny!! Great band!
/Nashville 400
RV-3/ Zoom MS-50G
As long as I'm down in the mix I'm Fantastic!
Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2010 10:44 am     Dh

Very nice!
Danny Harrell

Post  Posted 12 Sep 2010 7:47 am    

Thanks Greg and Billy, I appreciate the kind remarks. Now if I can get to sound as good as my friend Billy Carr, I would have it made!!!!
billy tam R.I.P.

baton rouge, louisiana
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2010 2:06 pm     videos

Hi Danny, Great job by you and the band on those videos. Lots of good players down in south Louisiana
unfortunatley now there are usually more players than there are jobs to play. If I can stay awake after dark one saturday I want to come here the show live. That old Emmons really has a great tone. You need to come see my new '74 push/pull.
Billy
Danny Harrell

Post  Posted 13 Sep 2010 5:14 pm    

Hey Billy, thanks for the compliment. We really enjoy the show and would love to see you out there sometime, sit in with us on my Emmons and show me a few licks! I need all the help I can get. I heard about your PP, I would really like to get with you sometime soon to hear it, I bet it really has a great tone, especially with you doing the playing! You have always been a great player and I still remember listening to you when I first started out. You are still one of the best!
Pete Walthall

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2010 7:12 pm     videos from la.

danny great picken good band.singers swas good.what kind pevey amp. were you useing. could'nt be a billy carr.amp. he never sold are traded me one that sounds that good. picken on you billy..
Danny Harrell

Post  Posted 14 Sep 2010 6:00 am    

Hey Pete, thanks for the comments, I really appreciate it. I use an Evans Preamp coupled with a Peavey Profex II. I use Nashville 400 amps. I have an Emmons D-10. We enjoy the older country music and the folks on our show are great people. I am the band leader (i am also the weakest one in the pack)! We do have a good time though. My friend Billy Carr has sold me some amps, and they were all good. I still have a Session 500 that I bought from him and use on occasion. I think that Billy could play over a cardboard box and radio speakers and sound good! Again thanks for watching and I appreciate the compliment.
Randy Blackwell

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2010 3:23 am     Livingston Parish Show

Great job Danny, You do have the best sound around. Guys, Danny's secret is in his 'patch cords', cause I've seen many players looking at all his other gear and they ain't been able to find it. You're a great player and a joy to work with, sorry I'll miss Oct. show.
Danny Harrell

Post  Posted 17 Sep 2010 7:46 pm    

Thanks Randy for the compliment. Randy has been good enough to sit in with us several times on our show playing lead guitar. Randy is a good steel player and lead player, just all around good musician and guy.
Rick Nicklas

Verona, Mo. (deceased)
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2010 8:16 pm    

Danny, that was really first rate. It's plain to see you can really nail a song just like the record and in some cases sound better. I could sit and listen to picking like that until I couldn't stay awake any longer. Thanks for posting these for us to listen to.
Danny Harrell

Post  Posted 18 Sep 2010 7:17 pm    

Hi Rick, thank you so much for the compliment, I really appreciate it. We just really have a good time with the show and I like try to play it like the record as close as I can get it(and most of the time thats not too close)! Again thank you for the compliment and I appreciate you listening to the videos. I added another video to the list, hope you enjoy it.
Royce Tarver

Louisiana, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2010 12:15 pm    

I am currently trying to devise a plan to sneek into
Danny's house one dark nite and steal his whole rig
and make off with it! However I fear I would have to go
back and kidnap Danny to show me what the Sam Hill he's
doin'! I mean I taught the guy and now I can't figure
out how he does it.
Danny Harrell

Post  Posted 20 Sep 2010 2:38 pm    

Hey Royce, you know how it's done since you were the teacher. Players like you, Buck Grantham, Billy Carr, Randy Blackwell and others wrote the book for good sound. You will always be one of the best in my book. You could come over for a cup of coffee though!!!
Tommy Shown

Denham Springs, La.
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2010 5:54 am    

Hey Danny that's some awesome pickin', buddy. I didn't know were on the Forum.Check your pm.
Tommy
SMFTBL
Danny Harrell

Post  Posted 21 Sep 2010 1:24 pm    

Hey Tommy, good to hear from you. I appreciate the compliment. Come out to the show sometime, it will be good to see you.
Buck Grantham R.I.P.

Denham Springs, LA. USA
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2010 4:29 pm     Danny

Great job Danny. I wish all of you out there could see and hear that show live. All of these people who perform on the show give all they got to have a great show and they get it done month after month. Our area needs clean family shows with great music and this show is the very best there is in South Louisiana. Greg Sullivan and Danny Harrell work many hours to make it the best. Mitzi and I are very proud to be friends with all of these people.Buck & Mitzi Grantham Smile Smile Smile

Post  Posted 22 Sep 2010 3:00 pm    

Thank you Mr. Buck, coming from you, that is a great compliment. We always enjoy having you and Ms. Mitzi out for our show. We really need to get you back out to sit in on the show when we can catch you home! I know you stay on the road a lot, but maybe we can catch you between steel shows and get you on another one of our Legends Shows. Mr. Buck always brings the house down with his playing. I always enjoy listening and watching him. I would love to have his tone and know some of the secrets to his playing, you truly are one of the great greats Mr. Buck. Mr. Buck has helped me with my tone so much and I really appreicate it. Ms. Mitzi is always so good to us as well. She takes pics of every show and e-mails them to us and we really appreciate that. In summation, we love the Granthams!!! They are good folks and our friends as well.