| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Established Classic Country Band expanding to California
David Brouillette

Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2010 10:08 am    

Established Classic Country/Rockabilly/Western Swing band, Gal Holiday and the Honky Tonk Revue are expanding to the West Coast in mid-November. We will be based out of Bakersfield, CA with plans to include frequent tours around California and the surrounding area. The band will also be making frequent trips back to Louisiana while continuing to build our West Coast fan base.

We are looking for a good steel man or woman who is interested in rehearsing and playing often. Age does not matter. We are open to new material suggestions, original or cover and would like to continue our philosophy of working as a band. That being said, we understand that dedication to one project is often impossible and this spot may be filled by multiple players if necessary. Please visit http://galholiday.com/ or any of the links below to find out more about us! (By request we can also send our EPK.)

thehonkytonkrevue@gmail.com
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/ghathtr2
http://www.youtube.com/galholidayband
http://www.facebook.com/galholiday

Last edited by David Brouillette on 23 Aug 2010 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Danny Naccarato

Burleson, Texas
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2010 10:14 am    

Man, not sure who the steeler is in the video "Sittin on the Top of the World" but some killer C6 chops !!!
David Brouillette

Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2010 11:12 am    

That's Mr. Steve Spitz.
David Brouillette

Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2010 1:19 pm    

We're looking at San Luis Obispo now as a possible destination. We've got some great responses from you guys. Thanks
Danny Naccarato

Burleson, Texas
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2010 1:48 pm    

SLO is a great area, expensive though. I lived there for 2 years until about 2 months ago. Been my second home for 25+ years. Although the music scene is pretty good there, the C&W scene is not the greatest. It is centralized however, if your plan is to cover SoCal and NorCal. I still go out often and I handle the business of a winery, albeit via computer from my home in Ft. Worth. Drop me a line and I'll send my phone number if you want to chat some.
David Brouillette

Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2010 5:35 pm    

It was great talking to you Danny. Thanks for the info.
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2010 6:15 pm    

Dave....glad to hear that you are expanding the Honky Tonks Revue horizons.....I enjoyed working with you guys when I got the chance to do so. Please keep me informed of how things are going for all of you.....Give Gal a kiss for me. The best to you all. HAL
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Randy Blackwell

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2010 7:10 am     Gal & HTR

Welcome to the Forum Dave, Great news. To anyone thinking of this job, take it if you can. These are the most Genuine Folks you'll ever find, Great Musicians, and a very unique style, not the avearge by far. I've been very fortunate to work several jobs with them, wish I could work with them more. Wishing Ya'll much success, Randy
Danny Harrell

Livingston, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2010 4:28 pm    

I had a chance to hear this group in downtown Baton Rouge last year and they were great. My friend Randy Blackwell was on Steel and sounded great with really good tone. I must say that this group impressed me with the variety, blend and mixture of music styles. I wish this group the best in success. David, yall try to use Randy Blackwell whenever you can, he's a good player!!!