| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Mike Johnson & Tommy White Sho Pro
Kenny Martin

Chapin, S.C. USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2010 5:56 am    

I just wanted to say that Tommy and Mike are two of the nicest and coolest friends i have ever met.

Tommy took the time to help me through a rough time in my life and Mike, even though we had not met before this past sunday, also talk with me over email even when he was very busy.

The class they have as well as how awesome they play is as good as it gets. Sho Pro had an awesome open house but seeing Tommy and Mike take the time to support their friends has no equal.
All i can say it was historic event for these two players to play together for over three hours!

Mike, thanks for the way you treated me and i'll always cherish the friendship! Very Happy Cool

Tommy, "My hero" thanks for the hug and being an awesome friend! Very Happy Cool

kenny

Chapin, S.C. USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2010 10:28 am    

Oh yeah, Eddy Dunlap did an awesome job picken as well!

Good to see ya!

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2010 4:36 am    

Let me add, my deepest thanks to these two dear friends,also. Mike was here early Sunday morning, to set up his PA for us, and was really a big help in making this happen, in many ways. Mike you are a good neighbor! Tommy immediately wanted to help,too and insisted on playing with Mike. This was indeed historic. Plus, we had steel legends Bobbe Seymour,Weldon Myrick, Joe Vincent and George Edwards in attendence. These guys are treasures, and it was so good to see them. The day was a blend of all types of steel guitarists, Russ Pahl, Mike Daly, and Bruce Bouton who got to visit with everyone. And, thanks to all the other greats, who came too.
Rusty Rhoads

The Motor City
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2010 8:47 am     Monday

jeff why didnt u have your jam on monday instead of sunday hard to get from st louis and be awake to come over to the party when you have a long sat night at the gig wished i could have made it!
Jeff Surratt

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2010 10:25 am    

Congratulations Rusty, I heard you were great in St.Louis. Sunday was the best day for our players, and friends, since Labor Day was just that, for some.Many had to travel on Monday. I opened my shop on Monday, as a courtesy to people needing work, or steel guitar services. We had visitors from Norway and Germany stop by. So, we did our best to accommodate everyone. Hopefully, you can make the next one.
Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2010 11:14 am    

This was one of the most perfect steel shows I have ever attended in my long steel guitar life! What an incredbile affair, hospitality, food, players of legendary abilities, weather, parking and the graciousness of Jeff Surratt and his wonderful wife Gloria.
I only wish Duane Marrs could have been there in person instead of spirit, I know how proud the Surratt's would have made him.
Goodness, we need more love like was shown at this show.
More next year!

Bobbe
Jim Hartley

SC/TN
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2010 1:56 pm    

Hey friends,

I'd like to echo all the great things said about the day, and add a couple comments. As has been mentioned, there were some of the world's great steel players on stage, as well as the legends on hand. Now anyone who knows me knows how much I love steel guitar, but when you add twin fiddles like Hank Singer and Drew Covington, along with Mike's brother Mark on bass, and host Jeff on rhythm, it got real good real quick. To say I was honored to share the drum duties with Jan Jones would be the classic understatement. Jeff, thanks to you and Gloria for the invite, I had a blast.

See ya soon,
Jim
Jeff Surratt

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2010 4:04 am    

Thanks Jim, Great having you, and your talents,too. For those facebook folks, you can go to the Show Pro fan site, and see close to 200 photos of the day. Also, we have 3 hours of excellent video of the event. The playing was amazing, and we captured artist Randy Kohrs,and his wonderful contributions, playing and singing, another bonus.
Kenny Martin

Chapin, S.C. USA
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2010 4:18 am    

For a rookie and a nobody like me, it was an awesome thing to have Mike and Tommy stand there and talk with everyone like we were all family as well as the rest of the famous players!

Bruce Bouton showed up and was class act he is! Randy Kohrs and I were talking about Bruce owning the 80's with the famous steel work he did with Skaggs! "Hwy 40 Blues" will go down in history! Whoa!

I think for me the best part, other than Tommy White with Mike Johnson, was the fact people showed up with a covered dish. Deserts home made! I felt like i was at a family reunion! Wow now that is the way it should be!

Joanie, Mikes wife, did an awesome job singing as well!

I have some of this recorded but out of respect for the players it will not be posted. I hope that anyone else that may have recorded a clip would not post anything without permission.

Oh yeah, it wasn't bad at all driving Jim Hartley and John Swain up there from SC! A redneck and a yankee in a car with a looney tune southern boy for 6 hours!
I thought i would have put one of them out in the mountains but they didn't get out of hand! Laughing

Thanks Jeff for the invite! Hope i'll get another!

Langenfeld, Germany
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2010 3:04 am    

Hi folks,
just a late reply to this post. I had the chance to got there and be a part of this nice open house gathering.
Due to maybe my slow driving from St. Louis I got there way to late.
But it was the icing on the cake.
A beautiful Sunday afternoon, great food, nice people and a group of excellent musicans. It couldn't get any better than that.
I really enjoyed the atmosphäre and music.
As Kenny said it was like a family reunion.
Hangin' out and talking to Mike and the other musicians was incredible.
Sorry I could not identify all of the greats due to my bad knowledge of Nashville musicians.

I like to give a big thank you to Gloria and Jeff Surratt.
Some of the nicest people you can meet.

Cheers,
Manfred