| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Convention Staff Band
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Convention Staff Band
Craig Schwartz

McHenry IL
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2010 4:24 pm    

You All must be Olympic Athletes, Your Stamina And skills are incredible, I never seen anything like it, My hat is off to you all... Great job , Show after show hour after hour !

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2010 5:03 pm    

Don't tell anyone but they're all catheterized...
Evelyn Whitney

Muskegon, MI 49441 USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2010 7:47 pm    

Now you won't know when this was ....but...one year L T was catheterized due to some earlier surgery.
I remember telling him that this time he wouldn't have to worry about a potty break. lol
Steve Hitsman

Waterloo, IL
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2010 4:13 am    

I guess you had a good time, Craig. It was a pleasure to meet you after you accosted me on the street. LOL
Paul Polish

Concord,NC,Usa
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2010 4:46 am    

Thanks Craig for the kind words. ALL of the band members are very dedicated to doing the very best job that we can to help the PLAYER sound as good as possible and to feel comfortable playing his or her set. Thats our job and we all LOVE doing it... Although, sometimes, it is a very loooooooonnng time between pottie breaks..HAHA!!!!
Thanks for noticing..
Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2010 4:55 am    

To all the band ( Paul, Roy, Dino, LT, & Fiddle ( don't know name ) thanks for such great playing. You guys did a great job on Austin's new songs he did. Take care and we will see you all down the road.

Donna
David Graves

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2010 8:09 am     Roger Miller

Don't forget about Roger Miller. He made me feel so welcome when I set up to play lead for Herby and made sure that I had everything I needed. Also enjoyed some great conversation with him later. Found out I used to go trout fishing in his neck of the woods. ( he still wouldn't give up the hot spots though ) Thanks Roger!!
Roger Miller

Cedar Falls, Ia.
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2010 11:35 am    

Thanks David. With you and Johnnie spliting the solos sounded like you were a well oiled machine. The biggest trout are in Yellow River Area.
Don Lanier

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2010 8:32 pm     Staff Band

Another great show has come and gone, this year missing Bobby was hard, but Ive come to enjoy you guys so much, Its a wonderful thing to have new great freinds and all of the guys in the staff band, Sound crews, changeover guys all work hard to do one thing, Make that Steeler the best for his set.

Roy, Paul, Dino, Roger, Puddin, Rick and Jimmy I miss seeing you guys, Once a year to work together is not enough, But it makes that short time more fun.

Your Pros and you make my Life easier, Bill and his recording crew we always have fun and enjoy a few snacks, I hope were all around for many years and I want to say God Bless You, your great pals !!
https://www.facebook.com/Pearlprocase
Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2010 11:26 am    

Someone posted some convention pictures on another thread. Who was the big guy playing the natural finish 335 style guitar? I think it might have been an Electra or something like that......JH in Va.

Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2010 1:19 pm    

Thank You to Gary Sill for posting the pictures. Dino Strunk is playing one of Bobby Caldwell's Electra guitars during and after Bobby's induction ceremony into the Hall of Fame. He is playing that guitar out of respect and as a tribute to Bobby. Thank You Dino. Job well done.........John
Walter Stettner

Vienna, Austria
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2010 12:21 am    

I'll second that. Great band, great talent, great musicianship. Roger and Dino did both so well, Bobby would have been very proud. And the rest of the gang...Roy, Paul, Rick, David, John, L.T., Russ, Jimmie and all the others that shared the stage - absolutely awesome. Thanks, guys!

Kind Regards, Walter

Cedar Falls, Ia.
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2010 4:05 pm    

Here is Johnny, David and Roger just before Herby's set. Hopefully this will load.
Roger Miller

Cedar Falls, Ia.
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2010 4:07 pm     C:\Documents and Settings\Roger\Desktop\Johnny_Thomas_&_

C:\Documents and Settings\Roger\Desktop\Johnny_Thomas_&_Roger_Miller.1[1].jpg
David Graves

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2010 6:43 am    

Roger.. the pictures didn't come through but I'd love to see them. Just to be on the same stage with musicians like you, Johnny, Herby and the rest is a huge accomplishment for me. Please try again.
Thanks my friend.
Jim R. Harrison

North Vancouver, B. C., Canada
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2010 9:42 pm    

I HOPE this the photo that Roger was trying to load the other day; if not, I apologise. I took this, and many others that I sent to Roger & he asked me if he could post the photo(s). Since I said "YES," I guess this is the one he was trying to put onto the Forum - I hope??! Respectfully, Jim H.

David Graves

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2010 5:41 am    

THANK YOU JIM AND ROGER!! I honored to be on the same stage with musicians like these. Great picture too!!
Bill Dobkins

Rolla Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 23 May 2011 4:11 pm    

Davey, If I get to do the show again this year I want you on my set, if you can.
BTW I lost your phone number plaese email me.
BD
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.
David Graves

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2011 8:13 pm    

Hey Mr. Bill, I've sent you an email with my contact info. I'm planning on being at St Louis again this year also. I haven't talked with Herby yet but if he needs me I'll be there. Plus I'd be honored to work with you anytime, anywhere. I'm out on the road right now but will be back home by June 4th. Give me a shout then.
Chrissy Corson-Rigsby

Gifford, IL,
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2011 9:07 am    

I go to the convention just as much for the staff band as for the steel players! I am actually a piano player but have been coming to the convention for years. I remember my dad bringing me as a little girl. Great memories - great place for musicians and music lovers of all kinds to gather! Looking forward to going back! The staff band is always top notch!
Roy Rosetta

Nederland, Texas.. On the Texas Gulf Coast
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2011 4:13 pm    

Thanks Craig for the kind compliment. As Paul mentioned, we in the staff band do our best to help each player feel confortable and do the best he or she can on his or her's set.
As band leader, I am very proud and blessed to work with these fine professionals.
Hope to see you again soon or next year in St. Louis.
...Roy
Thomas Cepek

Berlin, Germany
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2011 4:02 am    

I want to second all of these comments too. This band is sooooooo great, as musicians and as people. They play everything that is needed more than perfect and are real nice guys in person. I love it to come back every year to hear and meet these great musicians.

Thanks much for your friendliness and performance. Looking forward to see you next year.

Kind regards... Thomas Cool