| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ever use a NV 112 & a Twin together, I have.....
Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2010 10:31 am    

well sort of! I had an outdoor gig a couple of weeks ago where we wouldn't be miked as the bandleader only had a 4 channel mixer. I usually use my old MusicMan HD-212 One Fifty which is kind of a "Twin on steroids".... The face plate is just like a twin reverb and has that first channel that no one ever uses. I wanted to use my Nashville 112 as I'm really getting into the sound of it but I was afraid that it wouldn't quite handle the sound requirement with only one 12" speaker......

On the MusicMan I always use my Telecaster in the main channel so for the steel I ran a cord from the line out in the back of the NV 112 into the other channel of the MusicMan and to my surprise it was a wonderful sound. The whole thing came alive and sounded so good that this past Friday night I did a gig with my own band at the same place and although we were miked, I set up the same way with the NV into the MM amp. If you have a Twin Reverb it'll work the same way and you won't have to carry a large steel guitar amp. I like this "two amp" setup and plan on doing it all the time in the future.........Anyone else ever done this?....JH in Va.

South Jersey -
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2010 12:34 pm    

Hi Jerry,
I have been using a single NV112 exclusively for a couple years, most always miked thru the PA... the band tells me they can't hear me on stage. While they could easily put me into the monitor mix.
Recently at the larger clubs I have been using both the NV112 and my old Session 400 JBL with the Session driven by the NV112..

I LOVE the sound it's got amazing tight bottom end and crispy highs and I never have to turn it up past 3.

The keyboard player has mentioned that he is hearing me play things he never heard before.
Alan Sparkman

Mansfield Texas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2010 8:37 am    

Are you now miking both amps?
Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2010 11:05 am    

Hey Jerry...Not a 112, but I have used a Session 400 or a Nashville 400 along with a Hot Rod Deville many many many times ! the Steel went thru both amps and the Telecaster just the Deville...

BIG sound....thru a Profex with the Stereo delay... This was a big room, I used one amp to project out to the dance floor and the other was more aiming across the stage...kinda like a side fill.

t

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website