| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sold Please Close
Noah Miller

Rocky Hill, CT
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2010 10:39 am    

I would prefer this to be a local NJ/NYC area sale. The amp is physically big and weighs 60 lbs. However, I will ship via Fedex within the continental US for $65, including insurance.

This seemed like a really cool amp (and it is), but it's too darn loud for my living room and I have too many amps.

It's mostly original; the handle, rectifier and filter caps have been replaced, but everything else is as it was the day the amp left the factory. I have the original stereo splitter (just a TRS to 2-channel 1/4" adapter like you can get from Radio Shack), tremolo footswitch and owner's manual to boot. This was the top of the Guild amp line at the time, putting out 50W through two 12" Oxford speakers. However, the amp's secret weapon lies within its model number: the "S" stands for stereo!

This is actually two entirely independant 25W amps in one cabinet, each powering its own speaker. They can be run simultaneously through the stereo input jack or independantly through their own inputs (see last photo). The speakers are actually attached to separate baffles angled slightly differently, and the speakers are at different heights as well.

It has rich cleans and creamy overdrive, and the tone controls afford a wide range of sounds. The speakers connect to the amp by 1/4" jacks, so it can easily be set up to run through an attenuator.

I encourage anyone in the area to come over and try it out; I'm in Oradell, NJ, 20 minutes from NYC. I'm asking $850 (not including shipping).

I have a few clips of the amp:

Clean
Hairy
Overdriven
Distorted

These were recorded using my 2002 Guild X-500 (hard to keep a full-size jazz box from feeding back with two EL-34s cranked at point-blank range!). They were all played through channel one (the right side of the amp when facing the front); channel two sounds almost identical. The first three were recorded with the treble and bass at 5, where I think it sounds best. For the distorted clip I upped the treble to 7. I also uploaded a scan of the manual.

Click to enlarge:

Last edited by Noah Miller on 27 Jul 2010 2:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Chris Boyd

Leonia,N.J./Charlestown,R.I.
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2010 4:50 am    

What a unique and cool amp!!... Very Happy

Rocky Hill, CT
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2010 2:43 am    

Bump!
John Purcell

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2010 9:42 am